ChillEBean

Manas Nerfed Hard With New Update

On 1/5/2020 at 2:30 PM, Drahkon said:

...it just ticked off people who enjoyed how fun they were to ride. Everyone is just used to this crap from WC and either gives up or leaves. It's a game, it supposed to be fun...

Yep, it was maybe the most fun creature to travel. Thanks to the nerf I moved on to The Witcher 3, so that's positive for me I guess! :D I didn't touch it for months because I was too busy in Ark.

4 hours ago, tbfrnritunbv6 said:

Yeah, this is likely going to be a problem. Balancing shouldn't be done be nerfing poop, but by providing a good counter alternative. Someone in this very thread posted the idea of making Manas very vulnerable to fire (even torches). This would make sense (they're an 'Ice Jumper' after all), balance it more than this this nerf does and on top of that, it would give players an incentive to use Flamethrowers & Fire Arrows (very underused currently) and even Torches in battle.

I think Mana is intended to be opponent to corrupted = fire Wyverns on Extinction.

On 12/19/2019 at 8:59 PM, Cedric said:

I see there's a lot of active conversation over this change.  I'm monitoring and will relay all of this back to the team.  If needed, it can be adjusted further.

Now really why do you need to lie at the beginning?
You have never ever payed attention or dealt with feedbacks only if it was a PvP complaint.
You simply don't care about PvE players the only time something happens is when PvP players are crying on something.
With every nerf we got it made neither a better nor a pleasanter game. "It's surprising" the PvP players are not satisified again.
You really needed to ruin the poor Managarmr?
Why did we need this? Who asked for it?
Who had the request to nerf something which had already been nerfed to the ground?
It was originally OP, but a normal balance would have been enough. No. It got a rude nerf to make it's frost breath pointless.
You need to stand under a Giga to damage it beacuse the frost breath length is not even longer than the Mana itself.
Some sort of idiot managed to give birth to an idea which was to make the miserable length of the skill to even "scale" and at the end
it's only 0 damage on a Pulmino too.
Congratulations... There was a complaint about this and as always you simly don't care. Now you nerf even more the creature which was only usable as travel mount.
You still have the courage to come here and write something like, you care about us?
You are spiting in the eye of your own playerbase. If accidentally, you would do something with the feedback, we would get a new raptored up nerf as always which would only make it worse.
You are not brave enough to say "Okay guys... we did a mistake, we will revert it back."
No. You came here and wrote the "we are paying attention" bullpoop.
What kind of reply did we get from the previous huge Mana nerf, Velo nerf, Owl nerf...etc? Nothing.
What did we get after this unnecessary nerf? Again nothing.
You are in your hypocrite quiet from 11 days. You still do not care about what we say.
You did not even read that 11 pages... if you would have read it and had a spine... there would have been a news which contains the revert.
Once in a lifetime at last you would not raptor with your playerbase.

Posted (edited)

@Sunhairoh wow, you really need to relax ..., why attacking the devs like this omg ..., chill man

and im GLAD they didnt revert it mana is broken, even the whole concept of it is broken, and if your being HONEST fo rjsut a second anyone would see it !!

why ? here exemple why

1 : managarmr can dive bomb and do tons of dmg (like griffin, snow owl)

2 : can move really fast (actually fastest creature if im not wrong ...), even underwater its FASt, as fast as an ichty or a tuso !!!  (i even see ppl raid pearl cave on island with these !)

3 : got a channeling attack, that not even wyvern, phoenix or basilisk got (just this one thing make it broken already), and yeah lets talk bout that, you can litterally freeze, and dismount ppl, and while frozen they take MORE dmg o.O wut ?! not even ICE wyvern go tthat !!

4 : extremly easy to tame them when you compare it to others end game tame (wyvern, basi, reaper, drake, phoenix ?)

5 : you can breed them ! (check 4 and repeat here !)

6 : it can fly, yes its not a glider, some migh targue that it is but no, when a tame/dino, can lift its own weight then it become a flyer

7 : no restriction on map (check 6) mana can go on abb when other "wyvern. phoenix cant"

and i got a story about abb, i 2 week ago in abb saw a guys, going into the RED zone in abb, looked for a queen, found 1, lured her in a trap, got pregnant with her, and killed her, and bailed out .... with halfway not using mushroom ...

like seriously ?

ok now if anyone here is being HONEST 1 minute will sit down and say "oh wow yeah maybe managarmr are broken" im not saying too strong on purpose, (even if they are ...)

because my point isnt that

such creature shouldnt be in the game in first place

Edited by anguelwyvern
  • Like 1

On 12/19/2019 at 10:55 AM, invincibleqc said:

but I can only feel sorry for consoles players that don't have any recourse at all.

I play on ps4, and I have completely lost all hope in the managarmr. I have tamed around 7 or 8 manas, which all of them are now rendered useless because of this update. I never even really liked the mamas because they where op, I enjoyed being able to travel the map in my singleplayer world on meat runs and taming event dinos. I can now barely even use them to get wyvern eggs anymore. My lvl 239 mana with 4k stam that really is all wasted points. It's really not even worth taming at this point, even bred and imprinted ones are just a waste of time. And since im on console, theres nothing I can really do about. Since WC dosemt really care at this point it's kinda disappointing. I liked and had so much fun with the mana before the newest nerf.

REMOVE latest mana nerf [patch 304..21]

i never had a problem with the manas before this nerf. they had almost zero range with ice breath, the stamina was trash, bad melee, but tbh the only thing i cared about on a mana was how fast they could travel. now they have basically removed it. pls WC i know you guys dont see this as any different from a random complaint, but i enjoyed using manas, they where my favorite tame and now there not even worth getting, because they barely have any use outside of... well... you get the idea. NOTHING. 

52 minutes ago, Pubbyxd said:

REMOVE latest mana nerf [patch 304..21]

i never had a problem with the manas before this nerf. they had almost zero range with ice breath, the stamina was trash, bad melee, but tbh the only thing i cared about on a mana was how fast they could travel. now they have basically removed it. pls WC i know you guys dont see this as any different from a random complaint, but i enjoyed using manas, they where my favorite tame and now there not even worth getting, because they barely have any use outside of... well... you get the idea. NOTHING. 

You probably who do not know how to play the mana right. Even after this nerf mana is still the single most fastest dino in game. And remains the single best dino in game. Third best damage, fastest mobility, incredibly tanky. Most of complaints about this patch comes from people who dont really know how to use a mana properly.

4 hours ago, covenantgrunt said:

You probably who do not know how to play the mana right. Even after this nerf mana is still the single most fastest dino in game. And remains the single best dino in game. Third best damage, fastest mobility, incredibly tanky. Most of complaints about this patch comes from people who dont really know how to use a mana properly.

I agree slightly. ..mana are still trash lol I've never died to a mana rider nor been raided by ppl using a mana .pre z plant nerf.of I'm a very good mana rider which could have some influence .and I play against xbox users from windows 10 but ya .in my opinion  any mana rider that enters my base area and isn't prepared is a gonner...Micro raptors\purlovias.traps  lol poof goes the squishy mana lol and if he runs I'll catch him tek suit is way faster than a mana atm...

Just now, nameless said:

This nerf doesn't affect me too much.... except that now it had become very hard to get back to my base located on the top of a extinction city sky scrapers...…..

Yes that stinks lol that nerf was pointless via pvp.literally need to just land for a mila second then able to jump\dash as normal.literally can travel the entire map on 1 stamina...

Edited by Lycan187u

They are only used for griefing, scouting large areas quickly and PvE.

Reduce damage heavily and add more jumps/dashes.

They shouldn't be able to travel the entire length of a map in under a minute and also be able to kill basically every creature on the map. Isn't that the exact reason fliers were nerfed to begin with?

Also... why can ICE Wyverns be frozen by them at all? lololol

on my end being a multiplatform unoficial server admin for my whole tribe, that takes the cake, we've been having issues the last couple of days with invisible corrupted dinos and osc's in extinction, now they nerf the mana even tho we all enjoy the pve side of the game more then the pvp, (talking about the dozen people i play with that bought a copy of the game with season pass mind you) you guys at WC take the decision once more to shove something down our throats that we didnt want even if the game is broken already, if people on official likes those nerfs and updates, fine idc, but let the unofficial and pve guys alone, we pay to play here, we should decide what we want in terms of options about the creatures we have on our own servers, talking for the unofficial guys, idc about official, theres way to much die hard nerds on there to make the game enjoyable anyways, we bought a game to play it the way it came out, stop making changes to it for EVERYONE! we didnt do anything, you nerfed the flyers, the drops, now creatures left and right and you dont even fix the game breaking bugs first, wth!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, xirael said:

And what the heck happened to the Velos now, they kinda miss targets a lot and lose all food in like a flash making them useless for defense against wild pests ???

Because of PvP.

I feel that they should modify the damage dealt against players and tame, and not the whole creature's damage. Velonasaurs can't defend against corrupted creatures very well now, which was one of the primary ways to defend against them.

Mana could have also received a similar nerf, instead of the complete gutting it has been getting. Or maybe shift it to more of a mobility-scout creature rather than a jack-of-all trades creature.

Edited by LEDminer