Manas Nerfed Hard With New Update

ChillEBean

1 hour ago, TriforceOfTime said:

But the nerf was unnecessary, and again, could've been handled far better. Yes, the managarmr was seen as a tough dino to counter in PvP, but the fact that PvE players have to be penaltied as well is frustrating. Not to forget that people have spent weeks, if not MONTHS mutating into stamina stats. While it is still fast, the mana is still forced to land early. People have already stated that they have witnessed others fall into bases onto PvP due to the action limit. This isn't the correct way to encounter and solve a problem. It only encourages people to stop using this creature, and it's a lazy way to fix something that could've been done in a far less controversial way.

People jumping into other peoples bases is something that will solve itself once people gets used to it. I personally don't notice much of a difference in the movement. And remember, most balancing is meant towards PvP, as this is where balance is the most crucial. I'm guessing you are a PvE player. The sad thing now, is that experienced mana riders can't easily catch up to non experienced mana riders, cuz the mana riders with experience actually lands in between the jumps to preserver stamina, while the "bobs" does 10 dashes in a row without landing and goes out of stamina immediately. This mana change basicly made it more "new player friendly"

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish I was dead.

I spent last couple of months breeding mana garmrs on some unofficial server, bred until i reached negative mutations, continued breeding, currently I am 1 mutation away from max lvl 400. I have no life goals, hate my job, money doesnt motivate me anymore, ARK and mana breeding was the only thing that kept me going. I just feel empty now.

Nothing left to do.

Unnerf my boi mana pls or I will end it all

80669989_382744272529820_1415719300634771456_n-min.jpg

• Volunteer Moderator

I just had a chance to play around with the Mana and to be fair, their mobility is really not as bad as it sounded on paper. Since their balancing seems to be directed into having them more land focused, there are still few things I'd like to see being tweaked to accommodate that design direction. Notably:

• Footstep -- The footstep of the Mana should be increased to be slightly bigger than a Rock Drake. Visually, there is more space under its belly, and its palms are raising higher during its walking animation. Yet, it cannot walk over stuff as small as dodos, while the Rock Drake have no issue with it. I believe this would also improve the annoying flicker-walking-lock they are currently suffering all the time while walking on uneven terrains, etc.
  • Drag Weight -- Should be increased to match its end-game role. It doesn't really make sense that small stuff constantly aggro a massive ice draconis that is 10 times its size.
  • Trees -- When sprinting into small-medium sized trees; they should break. E.g. I should not be stuck there, as realistically, that should be as easy to break as toothpicks would for a creature that big: 9582EFD1419FBC6A97E5067BB3213C7FA7A9782E
  • Swimming -- Currently, if you are out at sea and jump out of water and dash, they are exhausted until you reach land and passing from flying to swimming movement state should be considered landing and reset them in my opinion.

As far as damage/PVP is concerned:

• Speed -- That won't win me any friends but I don't care and will say it; they should have been apart of the infamous flyer nerf from the start. A non-imprinted/leveled mana can already bypass turrets in most case, so players having the ability to increase that speed even more is broken.
  • Weakness -- As previously mentioned, make them fear something! This would greatly improve the dynamic of battles if they have to consider twice and be more careful when picking a fight.
  • Damage -- Flat damage nerfs are boring. I understand they are needed to an extent, but yes; boring. What about their damage being scaled based on the current temperature of the biome they are currently at? The colder; the stronger, etc. as in the same ideology of them being icy and weak against fire, this could make sense if they were drawing their power from there. This would adds some new strategy aspects to the game, where they are no longer the kings of the entire map and while they might be the first choice to raid in the snow, they might not be for the dunes, etc.

@Cedric As an incentive, perhaps force a one-time re-spec of all existing manas? From what I gathered reading this thread, the majority are frustrated about their already leveled manas being all wasted in stamina. Although, as I previously pointed out, this would means more strong/powerful builds but players can already achieve that with new breeds so would not change the result but might at least ease the mindset of players to step back and realize the changes are not as bad as they seems to be if they don't have to spend time breeding and imprinting new ones.

In conclusion, I do not believe they are currently "useless" as everyone are saying. Though, I still hate the fact this is being forced on unofficials, and would more than welcome a configurable option to toggle that off; especially for consoles folks that can't revert that through mods.

There's little I can say that hasn't already been said by dozens of people, but I am a little disappointed.

This kind of heavy-handed nerf hits at all levels of the mana, and I just can't for the life of me figure out why a hardcap on all manas was the solution to any problem? Now, a freshly matured lv 40 mana is no worse at travel than a seasoned and bred stamina mutation-packed lv 400 mana.

Oof.

When the mana was released, I thought, "two seats? Must be a transport tame" I was pleasantly surprised to see that they were actually decent in a pinch, and good at recon despite their low stamina and weight.

Eh, I don't really even know what it's for anymore, you can have it back, WC. :(

@invincibleqcit's really not a bad nerf, just because you are not able to dash over half the map in a single go, doesn't mean it's useless.

It's the same thing with every nerf, people will always get upset, it's like that in every game. Everyone will still use the mana because the mechanics are just too broken, now it's just not a flyer anymore and has to land like a rock drake but even with the forced landing it's 10 times faster,  10 times tankier and deals 100 times more dmg than a rock drake.

I also agree that mana should have been part by the flyer nerf from the start but Wildcard seems to have never acknowledged it as a flyer until now. 

6 minutes ago, Tiogh said:

It's like buggy now. I thought my mouse button is broken or some kind of microlags are going on.

If you like using managarmr it just feels absolutely wrong.

^ THIS.

Those who are saying "ohhhh it's not useless ya'll being dramatic blahblahblah", have clearly not ridden them before OR after the update. I literally have screamed from frustration that the update has caused for manas  because they are absolutely bugged and laggy to the point of being unsuable, on top of the bullpoop nerf. It's incredibly sad that we can't even use them anymore on the very map they were created for. 

What's next, will owls and griffins be nerfed too cuz that dive is too OP? I mean seriously, I just wanna understand the logic of this nerf, if there even is any. 

i myself dont use managarmr (always hated it idk ...) but being a main abb player, once i saw a guy with hes managarmr jumping in the red zone getting a queen trapped, getting pregnant with her, killing it and out (without mushroom because could hear the rad damage ), since that day i started hating this dino so yeah most welcome nerf in my opinion, everyone used those way to much in my opinion ...

9 hours ago, Slixit said:

People jumping into other peoples bases is something that will solve itself once people gets used to it. I personally don't notice much of a difference in the movement. And remember, most balancing is meant towards PvP, as this is where balance is the most crucial. I'm guessing you are a PvE player. The sad thing now, is that experienced mana riders can't easily catch up to non experienced mana riders, cuz the mana riders with experience actually lands in between the jumps to preserver stamina, while the "bobs" does 10 dashes in a row without landing and goes out of stamina immediately. This mana change basicly made it more "new player friendly"

Never Happened thigs before on a mega base or in a base well made.

If you build base really Bad everyone can throw inside also dodo dude, i'm playing official since the day 1, and i play on mega tribe, i'm a tribe leader and i never saw people """"jumping"""" on my base, or also one of my members doing that.

this is really a science fiction lol

"you don't see any big difference"

cause you don't have bases in Aberration. but let me explain how ARK work. to keep up bases in all other maps, Aberration is a MUST.
and good luck with one dash to move there, you've to hope that server work perfectly, and to land exactly on the trances, or in the little plateau.
Otherwise you fall in the acid water, or in common water and get stunned by a Barionyx

This forum should don't allow some people to write without some hours in the game.. 

dsddsaddsdsaddasdasdasdsadsadasdsadsadasdsaas

1 hour ago, anguelwyvern said:

i myself dont use managarmr (always hated it idk ...) but being a main abb player, once i saw a guy with hes managarmr jumping in the red zone getting a queen trapped, getting pregnant with her, killing it and out (without mushroom because could hear the rad damage ), since that day i started hating this dino so yeah most welcome nerf in my opinion, everyone used those way to much in my opinion ...

"i myself dont use mangarmr"

ooooookk another unofficial player, or PvE player,

Consider yourself out of this, seriously.

• Volunteer Moderator
3 hours ago, Fukushu said:

@invincibleqcit's really not a bad nerf, just because you are not able to dash over half the map in a single go, doesn't mean it's useless.

It's the same thing with every nerf, people will always get upset, it's like that in every game. Everyone will still use the mana because the mechanics are just too broken, now it's just not a flyer anymore and has to land like a rock drake but even with the forced landing it's 10 times faster,  10 times tankier and deals 100 times more dmg than a rock drake.

I also agree that mana should have been part by the flyer nerf from the start but Wildcard seems to have never acknowledged it as a flyer until now.

Yes, besides the footstep mainly and other points I mentioned above, I didn't feel they were out of place with these changes. If anything, it brings them back to where they should have been. I mean, they don't have wings in the end. Though I can understand they became less versatile when it comes to Aberration, they are also no longer suited to farm Wyvern Eggs as you will most certainly have to land in lava 9 times out of 10, but I haven't noticed much difference while simply moving around on Ragnarok. I also like the idea to be able to simply fly higher to escape a Mana griefer chasing me. ?

5 hours ago, Alsehr said:

Now, a freshly matured lv 40 mana is no worse at travel than a seasoned and bred stamina mutation-packed lv 400 mana.

That is something I can totally get behind. Perhaps a solution, that I don't think would be very hard to implement, could be to scale their limit with the difficulty of the server. For example, on a max difficulty 5 such as officials, a level 0-150 have the default, a level 150-300 unlock some more and 300-450 some more again, etc. in some sort of "tier" system. That way it is dynamic and suitable for every servers, and players still get rewarded for breeding higher.

34 minutes ago, GRIDO said:

"i myself dont use mangarmr"

ooooookk another unofficial player, or PvE player,

Consider yourself out of this, seriously.

loooooool to bad never played unofficial and always been on pvp server (too bad) did no one ever told you not to assume things ?

its not because i "hate" the managarmr that i dont use it ..., and reason why is that its too good in too many field ! in my opinion it should never even reached this game !

its basicly at this point "you dont have a managarmr in a pvp engagement, you loose" this is the reason why i hate it (not talking aswell of the many flaw bumping in every rock or even a dodo can stop it, etc etc etc) but yeah feel free to assume whatever you want jsut because i dont agree with your distorted point of view ...

ps: i did write i dont use the mana, because the very few time in abb that i did use one( pvp situation right ...), was a terrible experience, navigating, was more difficult than anything

Is there anyone who likes this change that breed mana's though?   This sounds a bit one sided.

If you breed manas, of course you're going to complain or make your voice heard, feeling as if WildCard stole from your trading and fastest dinosaur.

I still like the move for PvE - I would even go as far as your QoL catalog and just map locking them all together. 

When Griffins, Wyverns, and Snow Owls all are deemed useless in a race against this - you know somethings wrong.

I would decrease its overall speed. No fake dinosaur should be able to outrun a flyer! This is an example of letting your imagination get the best of you.

+1 Vote to nerfing them just a tad bit more, you are on the right track!

This has literally made me want to quit ARK once and for all. The one Dino I truly enjoyed using on PVE acts like it had a frontal lobotomy.

I cant express how frustrated I am. All of the lag, bugs, complaints against admins,  and now purposeful grief you have inflicted on your players has finally reached a tipping point for me and many others.

I see all of the posts from PVP players on Reddit saying delete the mana, and good its useless now... It just stands as one more example why you need to separate your updates you apply to PVP players. I wish I felt better writing this but, I know WC, you really don't care.

2 hours ago, ShadowRune2019 said:

Is there anyone who likes this change that breed mana's though?   This sounds a bit one sided.

If you breed manas, of course you're going to complain or make your voice heard, feeling as if WildCard stole from your trading and fastest dinosaur.

I still like the move for PvE - I would even go as far as your QoL catalog and just map locking them all together. 

When Griffins, Wyverns, and Snow Owls all are deemed useless in a race against this - you know somethings wrong.

I would decrease its overall speed. No fake dinosaur should be able to outrun a flyer! This is an example of letting your imagination get the best of you.

+1 Vote to nerfing them just a tad bit more, you are on the right track!

How can you "like this move for PvE".. 

You dont have to worry about a mana killing you or whatever on PvE, just use whatever dino you feel like using. Why would you need a destructive mana nerf to motívate yourself into using griffins, wyverns and snow owls? All of these are fake dinos too btw, wanna nerf them ao we have better motivation for using pteras and play the game it was meant to be played lmao? 

I have 2 bases, one near the top of the highest exti tower and another one on a platform like 5-6 jumps from the ground. I used manas all the time to get there and for travel in general.. Now they are useless for that, back to wyvern days..

Another use I had for my manas was killing the desert titan. Me and my niggas just came there, jumped up and dashed through him 5 or 6 times before landing again. Its not the fastest wat, but pretty good since it doesnt need any preparation, eg putting dinos on quetz. This is gone too now, thanks. 

These are all PvE uses..

Rarely ever killed a player with my mana, i think I only killed 2 players in past few months, both of them because they damaged my kitty mc gees irish pub (wooden/thatch pub for fun).

Please for the love of god, make this nerf configurable in server settings, so that they can disable it on my unofficial server, where everyone hates it too... you just took away my main reason for buying extinction in the first place. Its too late to make a change like this year after you sold the product to everyone.

26 minutes ago, Dadas said:

Another use I had for my manas was killing the desert titan. Me and my niggas just came there, jumped up and dashed through him 5 or 6 times before landing again. Its not the fastest wat, but pretty good since it doesnt need any preparation, eg putting dinos on quetz. This is gone too now, thanks.

just that, thanks you proved to me jsut with that, that even in PvE (so what in pvp ...) mana is still too OP ... titan are suposed to be "somehow" a chalenge, if you can nearly solo kill a titan with a mana then there is a HUGE problem and its REALLY sad that most ppl dont notice it ...

1 minute ago, anguelwyvern said:

just that, thanks you proved to me jsut with that, that even in PvE (so what in pvp ...) mana is still too OP ... titan are suposed to be "somehow" a chalenge, if you can nearly solo kill a titan with a mana then there is a HUGE problem and its REALLY sad that most ppl dont notice it ...

You can solo tame him with a signle quetz, wanna nerf quetzals? 

5 minutes ago, Dadas said:

You can solo tame him with a signle quetz, wanna nerf quetzals? 

my post was about "solo kill !" as far as i am concerned quetzal cant solo kill titan ... and your obviously talking about the "desrt titan" because i ve NEVER seen a quetzal attempting a solo tame on ice titan LOL !!

but where the quetzal can do hes worth VS desrt

managarmr can kill THEM ALL ! any question ?

but please, PLEASE show me you trying to solo tame or kill (you choose) an ice titan or forest qith a quetzal please show me !

Archived