Manas Nerfed Hard With New Update

ChillEBean

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm so freaking mad about this. I've been breeding my manas for so long because I love them. Now I just HATE THEM. Go ahead and just freakin REMOVE this useless dino now. No use in having it since you have to walk everywhere you go! Better just get classic flyers mod on your private servers so you can get around quick. This should have been implemented only on the PVP servers, not the PVE. Middle finger to the ones in charge!

First time posting and told myself I would not ever do this. However "What The, What The?!

Mana's are NOT the popular guys on the block in those who play without cheating or living to die. This horrible nerf is being done for a minority of the community to stop them from whining about their PvP stats. I understand the Devs need to address PvP players as I have sat where they are and I commend them for that. This is the thing, you are hurting the Pve community, which is quite large along with a definite decent size of PvPers alike.

Solution? Give the PvEers the ability to keep these wonderful, underplayed giants alive as they were. Also allow others to run it this way on their own servers.

When a person decides to play OP or unfairly that is the person and not the game. Punishing everyone for these abuses makes you lose the community. ARK, in my opinion has some of the most extraordiny people and the Community is like none I have seen for such a long time. I just cant let this community go without saying something. (If you don't believe me look at Mythic gaming along with Sony's community. I have seen one to many games and people I love go by the wayside by trying to make the minority PvPing community the pulse of an entire community.

Thank you for this thread and I will continue to support the game, the Devs and this community, just don't forget about us!

Wildcard Screwing w/Mana again

Survivors. Yet again, for at least the fifth time, Wildcard has nerfed the Managarmr. They already effectively removed the ranged attack, and now they put a hard cap on how many jumps it can make in the air. As if drastically scaling stamina costs per consecutive jump wasn't enough of a soft cap. If you're a Mana fan (Fanagarmr?) please consider not buying Genesis or any other Wildcard product and signing this petition (not mine)

https://www.change.org/p/wild-card-studios-reverse-wild-cards-unjust-mana-nerf/psf/promote_or_share?recruiter=1030071358

Also please make your displeasure known here and abroad, and bug them on Twitter, uncryo all your tames to lag official, and do anything else remotely annoying

If any of the devs read this, how about bump ice beam damage range to 4/5 of turret range, and make it so the absolute edge of what they damage is still at 50% of point-blank damage. The dropoff is obnoxious as is and eliminates the entire point of having a ranged attack. For people who cry about them being too hard to kill, make it so manas take increased damage from turrets and guns. Get rid of the hard cap on jumps. Like just get rid of it. If you want to increase the per jump stamina scaling a bit, that's more agreeable. Or add a server setting for unofficial

Holy poop, people are as angry as when they first nerfed the mana. No one wanted their favorite new toy taken away which was able to kill the alpha dragon on island with some riders and freshly bred manas with nearly no stats. 

I used the mana today and don't think it's as horrible as people make it out to be. You have to land more often but are still faster than any other dino.

The only thing that you are not able to do anymore is dash over half the map in mere seconds. 

All this reminds me of League of Legends and Dota when champions/heroes get nerfed. The people who main those characters will get so damn angry that they don't even want to acknowledge how blatantly broken their champions were.

The mana is still the fastes travel mount for PVE and an absolute monster that can kill everything in PVE with the new stats that nearly everyone on official has.

For PVP I can only express my condolences for that (must be bugged) charge.

Judging how slow the dev reaction is , i can bet this stupid nerf is here to stay . Bah , gotta get wyvern to get access to one of my base on a tower in Ext...

And i can see the OP potential of new Genesis creatures , who can't say that they will be neutered later  ? Make them OP in the begin to attract people attention and then chop it to piece .

Getting 1shot by mana pounce now.. SO all of you saying manas nerfed, go to bed please, they are broken as f right now. They need to do something about the pounce dmg. Manas enrage gigas and deletes rhinos at this point. PvP now is plant Y traps everywhere and a bunch of manas puncing on eachother, can't even get off mana to throw Zs cuz you get 1 shot by pounce even with 1k dura flak.

3 minutes ago, Slixit said:

Getting 1shot by mana pounce now.. SO all of you saying manas nerfed, go to bed please, they are broken as f right now.

They are broken, but unintentionally so. The pounce oneshot is a mistake and they're releasing a PC update within 15 minutes. I'm certain that console is soon to come, but they are, by far, not OP anymore if we don't count that miscalculation. Also, we're talking mostly about PvE here. Their viability as a travel mount is basically nonexistent now.

49 minutes ago, TR-8R said:

Judging how slow the dev reaction is , i can bet this stupid nerf is here to stay . Bah , gotta get wyvern to get access to one of my base on a tower in Ext...

And i can see the OP potential of new Genesis creatures , who can't say that they will be neutered later  ? Make them OP in the begin to attract people attention and then chop it to piece .

I just realized what you said could be absolutely true. Instead of focusing on balances they're just killing the mana, they sold plenty of extinction dlc's already anyways, right? ...

On 4/23/2019 at 5:11 PM, DauntedVenus said:

There should be a way to separate the balances made to dinosaurs and game mechanics between PvE and PvP.

Multiple balances have made PvE nothing but hard. Managarmr being a recent example, in PvE they're useless now thanks to the many balances made to make PvP better.

Flier nerf was a huge change in PvE making fliers and transportation harder by forcing us to land since PvP was taking to the skies too often and the game tried to "ground" the fight

The Managarmr was one of the funnest dinos in the game. I've spent hundreds of hours creating beautiful, useful creatures. Now I might as well put them in cryo and let it expire. We'll have to wait for the workshop to provide yet another mod to restore function to a once near perfect dino  Please separate PVE and PVP balance patches. I have nearly 4K hours in Ark PVE. PC. Not one minute in PVP.

-Jahdoh

33 minutes ago, TriforceOfTime said:

They are broken, but unintentionally so. The pounce oneshot is a mistake and they're releasing a PC update within 15 minutes. I'm certain that console is soon to come, but they are, by far, not OP anymore if we don't count that miscalculation. Also, we're talking mostly about PvE here. Their viability as a travel mount is basically nonexistent now.

What are you talking about viability as travel mount? It still is superior any other for traveling. You just travel the same way you SHOULD have before the update, landing between each dash to reset jump to use less stamina. And if you mean with how high you can jump? I can still get to skybox and tallest skyscraper on ext with those 3 jumps you get, you just need to learn how :)

1 minute ago, Slixit said:

What are you talking about viability as travel mount? It still is superior any other for traveling. You just travel the same way you SHOULD have before the update, landing between each dash to reset jump to use less stamina. And if you mean with how high you can jump? I can still get to skybox and tallest skyscraper on ext with those 3 jumps you get, you just need to learn how :)

But the nerf was unnecessary, and again, could've been handled far better. Yes, the managarmr was seen as a tough dino to counter in PvP, but the fact that PvE players have to be penaltied as well is frustrating. Not to forget that people have spent weeks, if not MONTHS mutating into stamina stats. While it is still fast, the mana is still forced to land early. People have already stated that they have witnessed others fall into bases onto PvP due to the action limit. This isn't the correct way to encounter and solve a problem. It only encourages people to stop using this creature, and it's a lazy way to fix something that could've been done in a far less controversial way.

7 minutes ago, TriforceOfTime said:

But the nerf was unnecessary, and again, could've been handled far better. Yes, the managarmr was seen as a tough dino to counter in PvP, but the fact that PvE players have to be penaltied as well is frustrating. Not to forget that people have spent weeks, if not MONTHS mutating into stamina stats. While it is still fast, the mana is still forced to land early. People have already stated that they have witnessed others fall into bases onto PvP due to the action limit. This isn't the correct way to encounter and solve a problem. It only encourages people to stop using this creature, and it's a lazy way to fix something that could've been done in a far less controversial way.

Not that the mana is tough to counter it’s that in a flyer v flyer dog fight there is no counter that’s not punching above it’s weight class.

that is the definition of imbalance 

1 minute ago, johnm81 said:

Not that the mana is tough to counter it’s that in a flyer v flyer dog fight there is no counter that’s not punching above it’s weight class.

that is the definition of imbalance 

And that's why the fire counter is literally perfect for the managarmr. Brings usage for fire wyverns and phoenixes back while being able to tackle an issue that so many PvPers whine about.

i don't think so, Wild Card use to do this kind of stuff, they saw that 100% of people don't agree with that nerf, so i think that just put a soft update without also write that so that people don't start drama.

I play this game since day 1, they did the same with the water glitch for breeding, the nerf of movement speed for character, also for volatiles and much more stuff.

If they continue like this, people continue to quit.

I already know this will be deleted lol, but they're throwing their self problem to their game..

Wanna an example? you can't even imagine how much time i passed to have a Managamr that born with 4k stamina, 15k hp, and 800% melee.

now they reduced jumps, so stamina mean 0

they nerfed also melee so also this now mean 0

Jesus, we're gonna come back to rock drakes

Archived