Manas Nerfed Hard With New Update

ChillEBean

May I ask: Would you have perferred manas to be map locked to only extinction?

I think this is a great move vs that option which was in the QoL update document.

*Have you tried to get a present on PVE, all you see is a herd of 5 manas sniping every gift.

I personally think this was a good move in the right direction.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, ShadowRune2019 said:

May I ask: Would you have perferred manas to be map locked to only extinction?

I think this is a great move vs that option which was in the QoL update document.

*Have you tried to get a present on PVE, all you see is a herd of 5 manas sniping every gift.

I personally think this was a good move in the right direction.

I have over 120 chibis, and atm 220 mistletoe and 120 coal. I use a griffin, far more efficient and 0 risks of glitching on the sky.

And i do not want manas locked only to extinction, i want to be able to use them on aberration since they are a good way of exploring the map.

8 minutes ago, StaceyMalibu said:

I have over 120 chibis, and atm 220 mistletoe and 120 coal. I use a griffin, far more efficient and 0 risks of glitching on the sky.

And i do not want manas locked only to extinction, i want to be able to use them on aberration since they are a good way of exploring the map.

Manas make rock drakes completely useless in their native environment.

I feel as though manas shouldn't be limited to just Extinction on every single server. Sure, for official, that could be viable, but it would likely only make the problem worse. The melee nerf is just fine. Nerf that melee as much as you want, WC, but the jump limit is just too much. As stated before, create a counter to make the mana not indestructible as opposed to just making the creature worse. A weakness to fire would be far more beneficial than making the dino worse. At this rate, every single stronger endgame dino will be nerfed into the ground just because people on PvP complain. A counter for these issues will help, and they will keep everyone happy.

3 minutes ago, covenantgrunt said:

Manas make rock drakes completely useless in their native environment.

I can't trust a dino that makes me dive right into the element water. With the mana i point, and i land exactly where i pointed. With the rock drake i point, and i end up on the opposite side to where i aimed.

And rock drakes prove to be a worthy oponent to my mana, i have a hard time feeding broths and killing the swarm of rock drakes there. It's the radiation zone for a reason.

16 hours ago, johnm81 said:

So you are actually suggesting 100% balance can’t be achieved so don’t bother trying close as possible? Hope not because that’s just plain stupid.

U must not pvp much aye?mana are poop squishy turds lol 10 noobs tryied raiding my base all got clapped. ..know your counters. Adapt to overcome.there will never be balance in this game...or even close to being  balanced on foot pvp is the only close to balance  you will ever get in ark.even mega tribe lines are poop lol pvp is pvp no matter what weapon they toss in the fight lol

31 minutes ago, BertNoobians said:

still didnt get an answer from you. please dont ignore. describe what you see on the picture below.

e070eaa9af068e20bd795eda1ad3d557.gif

Looks like we are back to Dec2018-Jan 2019 manas again.

It only took them 2 months to even begin fixing it.

This time tho with Genesis around corner a lot of official tribes might be refunding or not buying the DLC.

4 minutes ago, Lycan187u said:

A very Un defended base lol  poop set up.

There was a turret tower, the rider was using beer. But thats not the point.

The point is if you go out to pvp now on a giga, a rhino, a reaper or anything you are going to die in one shot to a mana. You can not ride any ground dinos right now and pvp. If you are on a mana if the other mana pounces you then your mana probably going to get one shot as well. Fights are going to be manas trying to pounce each other. Exactly what happened last year.

28 minutes ago, BertNoobians said:

still didnt get an answer from you. please dont ignore. describe what you see on the picture below.

at release they were too strong, and then got some buffs

• a movement nerf was needed, some levels in stamina and they could stay airborne across the whole map
  • a range nerf was needed, they could melt the desert titan just standing on the ground under it and blasting
  • a breath damage nerf was needed, if you could hit your target for full damage with a melee leveled mana the damage output was quite high

what happened was

• a reasonable movement nerf
  • an excessive range nerf
  • and the damage wasn't really nerfed as much as the range being further nerfed with the damage falloff with distance
  • more nerfs after that

but they were still playable and apparently some people still think they were too strong and they nerfed them again, so clearly it didn't work and they are negatively impacting it's usability

Lets be clear here, I've not protested them nerfing it's damage in the slightest, I'm not against further movement nerfs if needed, I'm not saying their dive attack isn't broken in pvp right now. My claim is the current hard limit is a poor choice of method to nerf it's movement and effects the play-ability of the creature,  the range nerf they got was slightly excessive, and the extreme damage falloff vs range on the breath caused more harm than good.

Describe what i see in the clip? At a glance mana dive damage does look broken, though it's hard to say for sure with no damage numbers, a limited clip showing just the kill hits, and basic or no saddles on the targets who look to be mostly random tames (literally called 'TAMED' or just the creature name) on a possibly modded or custom setting server, need to supply more info than just dropping a 7 second clip. Someone could make a clip like that with a melee leveled ptera. The high level stegos dying 1 hit just after the low level randoms does suggest the mana is hitting hard, but no way to know without knowing how they are leveled.

Guess I need to find some time to do some damage testing with combat text on.

I honestly think they need to revert the patch back to the previous version,and sort this mess out. Clearly about 60-70% of the players are not happy with this change,and if that's correct what bert has posted,it needs to be fixed asap,and pvp players cant be happy with the fact that mana landing attacks can nuke 10,20 dinos in one attack. Obviously WC didnt test this patch,and is causing more problems than its worth.

1 hour ago, covenantgrunt said:

There was a turret tower, the rider was using beer. But thats not the point.

The point is if you go out to pvp now on a giga, a rhino, a reaper or anything you are going to die in one shot to a mana. You can not ride any ground dinos right now and pvp. If you are on a mana if the other mana pounces you then your mana probably going to get one shot as well. Fights are going to be manas trying to pounce each other. Exactly what happened last year.

The rider took no damage  in this video 

1 hour ago, TriforceOfTime said:

I feel as though manas shouldn't be limited to just Extinction on every single server. Sure, for official, that could be viable, but it would likely only make the problem worse. The melee nerf is just fine. Nerf that melee as much as you want, WC, but the jump limit is just too much. As stated before, create a counter to make the mana not indestructible as opposed to just making the creature worse. A weakness to fire would be far more beneficial than making the dino worse. At this rate, every single stronger endgame dino will be nerfed into the ground just because people on PvP complain. A counter for these issues will help, and they will keep everyone happy.

And the other problem is the fact that these balance changes are forced on unofficial and singleplayer games as well. It was the problem with the flyer nerf back in early 2017, while these changes are good for PvP, they are terrible for unofficial servers where people want to play the game in their own way, which is where most of ARK's playerbase is. I'd say about 15-20 percent of ARK's playerbase is still on Official PvP, and a good portion of those people either exploit, or complain about game balancing.
In short. The Managarmr melee damage nerfs are all fine in my book. But the jump limit absolutely kills their use. It's not like they already had a pretty brutal stamina drain already, which is what kept them balanced in terms of usage as a travel mount.
Regardless, I'm pretty sure trash-hards on official servers are still going to find use to grief with these creatures anyways. The problem isn't how they jump and zip around the battle, the problem is the dive and the damage that comes from that. That's what needs to be nerfed, not the jump limit. It happens all the time with creature rebalance, Wildcard didn't really know what the problem with them was, even though people were complaining about the trash-hards and people who grief. The nerf doesn't affect them at all, it affects the casual players, and not in a good way, therefore it does far more harm than it does good, especially given again, that far more of ARK's playerbase is on unofficial servers.
I suggested some pretty good potential counters as well. One of which was related to the phoenix being used as a hard counter, although it would seem a little unfair due to their rarity, it would give a use to a creature that is NEVER used, and it would add relevance to a DLC that is never purchased. Hard counters give reason to use other creatures, and we don't have any current hard counters in the game. Again, proper game balance is what keeps a game alive, you don't just nerf everything into the dirt.
Fire related counters make sense. The Managarmr as we know it is pretty much this fluffy ice dragon creature.
These aren't really requests by the community. One thing Wildcard does not clearly understand is that the playerbase is just as important to a game as the actual development. The players KNOW what they want for the game, therefore, the developers should absolutely listen to what the players have to say.
Also this goes to @invincibleqc and other people who are overall very unhappy with the changes. I can agree just as much that they aren't good for the game. I always pay attention to nerfs, but this has to be one of the bigger recent nerfs, and might be the biggest nerf of 2019 that we have seen in this game.
As I said before to Wildcard. Put effort into your game. Put actual, creative hard counters for certain creatures that have a strength and a weakness, the Managarmr was supposed to fill that "glass cannon" sort of role. You don't just nerf something because people complain. You look to see what people are complaining about, and you build off of that and test it and see what exactly makes this overpowered, and how you can rebalance it without nerfing it to the point where it has lost all practical use.

3 minutes ago, Level4Gaming said:

In short. The Managarmr melee damage nerfs are all fine in my book. But the jump limit absolutely kills their use. It's not like they already had a pretty brutal stamina drain already, which is what kept them balanced in terms of usage as a travel mount.

Plus the annoying endless poops they do while regaining stamina. Makes it absolutely terrible to walk/run out of any troublesome situation.

The Mana is now only good for putting it on display on a  taxidermy base. As it was said before, I am also tired of some meta PvP to dictate things. A lot of us aren't playing PvP and are playing for fun. With this change you just took out a big fun part. I'm playing for fun, PvE, to relax, not to stress over raids and kills.

Manas are useless now. Nobody just walks around the entire map. Maps have terrain differences, often high cliffs that Manas wouldn't even be able to reach now. And even just walking is annoying, because of the constant pooping.

Not to mention they are constantly getting killed during lag by being teleported outside the map area (fascinating how this gamebraking bug still persists; yet you waist resources on absurd nerfs). So imagine what happens now when you have to constantly land and spam the jump and dash button; disaster and so annoying! Not to mention that GMs are not allowed because of the internal policy to replace any tame/item and raise any baby; they will only give you a level 201 creature in return for your loss; it's like they are making fun of you on purpose.

The only safe map was aberration were this didn't happen and there they are completely useless now as they can't get out of the radiation zone.

You are again imposing changes focused ENTIRELY and ONLY and ALWAYS on PvP! If you only care about the PvP players just say so and remove the PvE mode entirely.

In conclusion:

2 hours ago, Lycan187u said:

U must not pvp much aye?mana are poop squishy turds lol 10 noobs tryied raiding my base all got clapped. ..know your counters. Adapt to overcome.there will never be balance in this game...or even close to being  balanced on foot pvp is the only close to balance  you will ever get in ark.even mega tribe lines are poop lol pvp is pvp no matter what weapon they toss in the fight lol

Again with the moronic mind set that cuz we aren’t at 100% or ever will be we should accept imbalanced op Dino’s like the mana.

And while they aren’t tanky like soakers if you feel your manas are squishy you really need to invest into getting non crap lines.

22 minutes ago, Ayax said:

Absolutely disgusting nerf. Why must a PVP meta affect those that do not do PVP in any way?..   The amount of time and effort in breeding that this change has thrown out the window for so many is insane.

I agree that pve and pvp should have different patches. I never play pve but I don’t understand why wc is like this

Archived