Manas Nerfed Hard With New Update

ChillEBean

42 minutes ago, Cedric said:

I see there's a lot of active conversation over this change.  I'm monitoring and will relay all of this back to the team.  If needed, it can be adjusted further.

Mana should just be removed from pvp servers then make them as op as those pvers want them to be. 

Has no place in balanced pvp

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, johnm81 said:

Mana should just be removed from pvp servers then make them as op as those pvers want them to be. 

Has no place in balanced pvp

There is never balance  in pvp.when one meta gets nerfed\ removed another will rise.in every other game when I new gun gets added they don't remove or nerf it's just a new weapon...wc listens to the community  too often...just get gud...

1 hour ago, Cedric said:

I see there's a lot of active conversation over this change.  I'm monitoring and will relay all of this back to the team.  If needed, it can be adjusted further.

Please encourage the dev's to find some way to separate pve and pvp mana behaviour. They are really used for two completely different purposes. I feel every mana nerf is just adding insult to injury within the pve world.

Thank you!

I would just take away the ability to wear saddles for manas. with this they would be a very vulnerable but fast mount, which is probably what it should have been.

People are riding around with 180 armor saddles that never change back to 124 becuse of cryoballs. 

It would be a high risk, high speed and dmg mount what it should be, not this 30k 1k+melee, endless speed, 3-4 second 10k stamina regeneration, 180 armor monster.

If the balance is about pvp servers : remove them, it's as simple as that.

That's litteraly a nerf that bury them on pve where the last purposes was for travel mount and fighters on aberration.... they are now at the same level as a raptor => good to take dust in a cryofridge......

Maybe there is unknown argues for justify a nerf on pve and i'm reeeeally curious to know them but if it's just a pvp issue.... delete this dino from their servers and leave pve players in peace ^^

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, Cedric said:

My proposal would be to, instead of nerfing them into the ground, to simply add better ways to counter them. In my opinion, which would actually make a lot of sense considering they are "ice jumpers", would be to make them extremely weak against; ?.

Currently, they take less damage from fire than an Alpha Rex (Mana lvl 1 takes 66 dmg per tick, while an Alpha Rex lvl 1 takes 100 dmg per tick from a primitive crossbow with Flame Arrows). This doesn't make much sense to be honest, does it? So yeah, my proposal would be:

• Scale incoming fire damage to at least 5x what it currently is.
  • While the Manas are on fire and melting, they cannot use their breath attack, cannot jump, etc. but can only walk to safety.

Woops. Just like that they are no longer the kings of the map. Players start carrying Flame Arrows/Flamethrower, they also start using their dusty Fire Wyverns again, etc.

They could even be ignitable with torches; imagine a tribe of naked pyromaniacs on the beach, silently hidden in the bushes, rushing and keeping on the ground an unsuspected Mana until there is just a puddled saddle remaining.

Only to say that constantly nerfing everything down is not the solution! It really just ruin all the fun. Control the meta by giving players better ways to compete instead!!

I feel as though the nerf and nerfs alike that cater more towards PvP could be activated via a .ini setting as opposed to forcing it upon every player. Manas are essentially useless in PvE now. 

Another way to approach it would be to make manas harder to tame, with their saddles being more expensive overall, higher torpor, etc. I understand lowering damage output, but the jump limit is a little ridiculous to me.

2 hours ago, Cedric said:

I believe the managarmrs were in a good place at the moment with their mobility. Alot of people think that too. Maybe lowering the damage a small amount and leaving out the movement is what would be best. 

They are in a great place for travel and pvp and i feel that the damage is what is making them over powered. 

4 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

My proposal would be to, instead of nerfing them into the ground, to simply add better ways to counter them. In my opinion, which would actually make a lot of sense considering they are "ice jumpers", would be to make them extremely weak against; ?.

Currently, they take less damage from fire than an Alpha Rex (Mana lvl 1 takes 66 dmg per tick, while an Alpha Rex lvl 1 takes 100 dmg per tick from a primitive crossbow with Flame Arrows). This doesn't make much sense to be honest, does it? So yeah, my proposal would be:

• Scale incoming fire damage to at least 5x what it currently is.
  • While the Manas are on fire and melting, they cannot use their breath attack, cannot jump, etc. but can only walk to safety.

Woops. Just like that they are no longer the kings of the map. Players start carrying Flame Arrows/Flamethrower, they also start using their dusty Fire Wyverns again, etc.

They could even be ignitable with torches; imagine a tribe of naked pyromaniacs on the beach, silently hidden in the bushes, rushing and keeping on the ground an unsuspected Mana until there is just a puddled saddle remaining.

Only to say that constantly nerfing everything down is not the solution! It really just ruin all the fun. Control the meta by giving players better ways to compete instead!!

This seem's like a constructive,very well thought out idea tbh :) wish the devs thought like that instead of making them just another tame to keep in the cryo fridge without a really good use in pve.

9 hours ago, ChillEBean said:

Mana's Nerded Hard With New Update

"Managarmyr limited to 5 strafes, 3 jumps and 1 dash before having to land.”

I'm pure PvE Official server player.

This has no benifits to PvE whatsoever.
This edit would make my Mana  severely impractical, and probably wont bother using it ever again, because there are far better things to ride for traveling across the map if these actions are drastically limited (on top of the strong stamina drain each action does).

I dont like this change one bit.

Definately need PvE and PvP coded seperately. This nerf is a big nasty detriment to PvE imo.

I've been a pure PvE player on Official/Legacy servers, more than any other game type in Ark. I have been playing since 2015 and have logged over 13k hours...

This is super bad nerf Wildcard. How little it seems that you think about PvE players with this move.

The direction you continue to go towards is making my enjoyment of your game less and less with every nerf you dish out to re-balance your PvP. More often than not, people who know me irl and online will question why I still play on Official. I play because I have friends I like to play with. I have a difficult time quitting, because I will lose that special interaction I have with my server friends, So I keep playing, regardless of all of these nasty damaging nerfs you subject PvE to. Playing on servers also reduces Ark's usage of my PC resources, and PvE Officials continue to exist far longer than any unofficial I've ever played on, as I want to keep my base and my tames, as I build, play, breed with my creatures and friends for decades.

Bad decision is bad, mkay?
Just because I keep playing on Official PvE, doesnt mean I like this change.
My love for playing with my friends is so strong, that I keep putting up with this poop.

I will miss using a mana, I see no point in keeping it out, or  breeding it now.
Cryopodding the adults, and moving all my dozen+ manas into my Sentimentals fridge.
R.I.P. Usefulness.

P.S. Please dont confuse my intense passion for this game as hostility.

15 minutes ago, TR-8R said:

And guess what , this stupid PVP rule also apply to PVE ! We PVE players don't need to stupid nerf !

As well as unofficial servers and singleplayer games. Just like the flier nerf, and other action delays (like Argent Pickup, ice beam range) hard coded stuff to the tames like this tends to affect the entire game.

10 minutes ago, GreenRoc said:

I've been a pure PvE player on Official/Legacy servers, more than any other game type in Ark. I have been playing since 2015 and have logged over 13k hours...

This is super bad nerf Wildcard. How little it seems that you think about PvE players with this move.

The direction you continue to go towards is making my enjoyment of your game less and less with every nerf you dish out to re-balance your PvP. More often than not, people who know me irl and online will question why I still play on Official. I play because I have friends I like to play with. I have a difficult time quitting, because I will lose that special interaction I have with my server friends, So I keep playing, regardless of all of these nasty damaging nerfs you subject PvE to. Playing on servers also reduces Ark's usage of my PC resources, and PvE Officials continue to exist far longer than any unofficial I've ever played on, as I want to keep my base and my tames, as I build, play, breed with my creatures and friends for decades.

Bad decision is bad, mkay?
Just because I keep playing on Official PvE, doesnt mean I like this change.
My love for playing with my friends is so strong, that I keep putting up with this poop.

I will miss using a mana, I see no point in keeping it out, or  breeding it now.
Cryopodding the adults, and moving all my dozen+ manas into my Sentimentals fridge.
R.I.P. Usefulness.

P.S. Please dont confuse my intense passion for this game as hostility.

What you said here,pretty much sums up my sentiment on the topic,manas are gone past any use they would have had in the future in pve.There was many ways they could have tackled this nerf,and still kinda had the same effect on balancing pvp without taking a rather large dump on pve players.

Did people complain about mana that much ? been on this forum for long time , after the major nerf to the range and damage of ice breath , no one really complain about mana , not even velo , and now boom !  Heavy nerf .

Stop with this heavy nerf approach , dev know they will get away with this , remember the flyer nerf , people gave a lot comment about the nerf , and then they got tired of it , dev got away .

Tired of all these nerfs. 

You've nerfed both velonosaur and mana into the ground. At what point do you stop and think that maybe your solution should be something more like an actual counter. There was never anything wrong with these two creatures, you just didn't give pvp a counter. 

I have no hope at this point for any of this getting turned around because you just cater to pvp at every corner. Even if something is built for PvE it tends to get nerfed anyway because of PvP meta. It's not fun anymore. 

Archived