Manas Nerfed Hard With New Update

ChillEBean

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mana Nerf

Manas are already pretty much useless, why the hell are WC nerfing them even more?!?!?!

Who wants to use a mana to get anywhere when you have to land every dash you take hahahah DILO

WC most useless devs ever jesus

Yes keep nerfing all ext dinos just so you can sell genesis and the new dinos that are gonna be OP until people complain and you nerf them into the ground

• Joebl0w13 changed the title to Manas Nerfed Hard With New Update
  • Volunteer Moderator
35 minutes ago, LEDminer said:

Was a needed nerf

Needed or not that's debatable. There will always be a huge gap between new and old players, and that regardless of how many nerfs gets implemented. Constantly nerfing the fun stuff to try bringing the old players in line with the new players is just removing the progressive aspect of the game in my opinion. Bringing the new players in line with the old would be just as effective without removing the fundamental of a game; fun.

As for this specific nerf mentioned in this thread, it won't really help as I can see the new meta already; now that players will no longer have to spend many points into stamina, since well, the limitations are hard-coded regardless, they will just start pushing insane amount of health and melee on their Manas and just like that new nerfs will be implemented because now new players will complain they are too strong and tanky preventing them to compete.

Either way, my main issue is not really the fact balancing is being made, that is fine. My main issue is that constantly being dictated by the official PVP metas what I can and can't do on my own servers is getting old. At least on PC we can revert most of these with mods and server-side scripting, but I can only feel sorry for consoles players that don't have any recourse at all.

6 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

Needed or not that's debatable. There will always be a huge gap between new and old players, and that regardless of how many nerfs gets implemented. Constantly nerfing the fun stuff to try bringing the old players in line with the new players is just removing the progressive aspect of the game in my opinion. Bringing the new players in line with the old would be just as effective without removing the fundamental of a game; fun.

As for this specific nerf mentioned in this thread, it won't really help as I can see the new meta already; now that players will no longer have to spend many points into stamina, since well, the limitations are hard-coded regardless, they will just start pushing insane amount of health and melee on their Manas and just like that new nerfs will be implemented because now new players will complain they are too strong and tanky preventing them to compete.

Either way, my main issue is not really the fact balancing is being made, that is fine. My main issue is that constantly being dictated by the official PVP metas what I can and can't do on my own servers is getting old. At least on PC we can revert most of these with mods and server-side scripting, but I can only feel sorry for consoles players that don't have any recourse at all.

That and the fact that there will always be a "meta" for people to complain about.  And if they keep nerfing in response the game will be reduced to bunch of tames that all look different but are functionally near similar.  They should instead rely on the checks and balances system where everything has a counter(s) of some kind.  And then considering that people were drawn to buy DLC by what these tames could do and now that functionality is being whittled away after money has been paid.

Manas currently are pretty balanced imo (well maybe not now since WC also nerfed their main counter ((plant z)) into the ground) however they could have always made the breath do less damage there was literally no need in nerfing the dash ability, nobody even uses the slam attack anymore on pvp so this change was redundant 

classic example of WC not playing their own game 

I’m betting this change isn’t meant to effect pvp.  It will have a huge effect on manas getting lost on servers when they do a game save.  Right now with the server improvements , you have no idea the cd reset has begun and only at the last

moments will you find out when you are barrier killed. 

Im ? positive it’s meant to reduce the chances of us losing the manas and our personal inventories to this flaw.

considering we lost 2 manas on day one of this event,  I’m absolutely not happy with this fix.  Way to pour gasoline on the fire wc.

7 hours ago, cocob1 said:

Mana Nerf

Manas are already pretty much useless, why the hell are WC nerfing them even more?!?!?!

Who wants to use a mana to get anywhere when you have to land every dash you take hahahah DILO

WC most useless devs ever jesus

Yes keep nerfing all ext dinos just so you can sell genesis and the new dinos that are gonna be OP until people complain and you nerf them into the ground

Couldn’t be more wrong. Mega level breedlines were  still stupid OP and still the primary flyer in pvp if you have good ones.

Good changes. 

Archived