Single Player Grinding

Hello,

I have a question on what is the best way to solo XP grind for Dinos.

So I am going through all the bosses on the island and just finished defeating all three Broodmother Lysrix (Gamma, Beta, and Alpha). I went through Gamma and Beta easily, but lost about 2/3 of my 20 Rexs with 80k health and 800 melee on Alpha. I didn't really heal some of them back all the way, but the lowest HP that about 4 of the 20 had was 40k.

So since I finished beating the Broodmother the next boss I would like to take on is the Megapithecus. As I did with the Broodmother I will like to complete all three difficulties of Gamma, Beta, and Alpha (Doing this for satisfactory purposes and I guess roleplaying). After I would also like to take on the Dragon on all three levels. and after the Tek Cave. I currently play by myself in single player, but will end up translating into server play after I finish all the bosses.

Since I lost about 2/3 of my boss fighting Rexs I will obviously have to hatch more babies. My question is what is the best way to SOLO level up these new Rexs? 

I have read of multiple different ways like riding the Rexs and killing everything in sight. Alpha hunting. Chomping down trees with Rexs melee attack. Lystrosaurus passive taming. I am wondering what's the best way to level up any Dino because doing this for a new set of Rex army will be time consuming. (Will end up doing this if its the best option anyway)

I have also read crafting while on a Dino? Using an Industrial Grinder(For example, have dinos close to a Industrial Grinder while it does its thing)? Making a lot of narcotics (For example, have dinos close to a Chemistry Bench while crafting loads of narcotics)? Does any of these work in a single player world? I do not play with anyone else but myself so I do not know if some of these options will work for me.

I am wondering what's the best way to level up any Dino because going around the Island killing everything around 15 times for a new set of Rex army will be time consuming. (Will end up doing this if its the best option anyway)

What will be my best option for SOLO leveling up like 15 new Rexs? What will be the fastest way to do this? 

Thank you fellow survivors!

If you have a PvP setting killing unclaimed high level babies would be your best way in single player. 

Narcotics and grinder only work with a tribemate (They give partial xp to you which is transferred to the dino you are sitting on). 

The Island is not a great map to solo level dino's but try the baby killing thing. Best way I found.

Be aware, the alpha dragon WILL destroy that rex army. I play singleplayer and lost my rex army to the alpha dragon. The Rex's were 80k health, 1000 melee. The army was fine for all other bosses besides the alpha dragon (I didn't try the beta dragon).

I'm currently breeding a therizinosaurs army for the alpha dragon.

9 hours ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

If you have a PvP setting killing unclaimed high level babies would be your best way in single player. 

Narcotics and grinder only work with a tribemate (They give partial xp to you which is transferred to the dino you are sitting on). 

The Island is not a great map to solo level dino's but try the baby killing thing. Best way I found.

I grind tek and megalania babies. 100 at a time. Lots of mats generated and 35 levels for virgin dino. Add lyst for bonus too. My tek para raptor steg rex farm is all about element and exp :)

On 12/19/2019 at 10:35 AM, Rintrahhh said:

Be aware, the alpha dragon WILL destroy that rex army. I play singleplayer and lost my rex army to the alpha dragon. The Rex's were 80k health, 1000 melee. The army was fine for all other bosses besides the alpha dragon (I didn't try the beta dragon).

I'm currently breeding a therizinosaurs army for the alpha dragon.

Yeah I did hear about Rexs not being a good option for the Dragon. If you don't mind me asking what level and stats do your Therizinosaurs have? What do you think is a good Attack % and Health % for the Therizinosaurs to successfully take down the Alpha Dragon?

On 12/19/2019 at 11:50 AM, Groovdog said:

I grind tek and megalania babies. 100 at a time. Lots of mats generated and 35 levels for virgin dino. Add lyst for bonus too. My tek para raptor steg rex farm is all about element and exp :)

How do you recommended I go by this? Make Tek Dinos and Megalania birthing pen, not claim the babies and just kill them all?

On 12/19/2019 at 2:26 AM, yekrucifixion187 said:

Should I use the same Rex eggs that I currently have reproducing? Also, should I wait till they grow up or just go ahead and kill as soon as they hatch? Do you get more XP if Dinos are babies or full grown?

On 12/19/2019 at 10:14 PM, SnowboundGem said:

I mass hatch eggs don't claim any babies then use high level Dino to make short work of the babies.

Dino's also passively level up cryoed in inventory so you can level them quickly with the breeding killing method.

So I can mass hatch about 20 Rex eggs, cryoed all the other Rexs but one and kill all the babies as soon as they hatch? The Rexs or any Dino cryoed in my inventory would get shared XP just for being in my inventory while I kill the newly hatch Dinos with one Rex?

52 minutes ago, Fernlopez35 said:

Yeah I did hear about Rexs not being a good option for the Dragon. If you don't mind me asking what level and stats do your Therizinosaurs have? What do you think is a good Attack % and Health % for the Therizinosaurs to successfully take down the Alpha Dragon?

After much taming and initial breeding to get the best stats I could find into my 2 base breeders, I finally got a male and female twins lvl 243 with the base stats (without imprint) of 7482.3 health, 1470 stamina and 413 melee.

I've got 20 of them leveling up. Right now they are all 100% imprinted and leveled up to lvl 300, health 22372, melee 1348, all have 112.2 ascendant saddles.

I'm leveling them health first up to 22372 and then putting everything else into melee. Someone suggested this to me because they said the veggie cakes wont be as effective when the health is higher than 21 or 22k.

I'm not sure how far I want to keep leveling them before trying the alpha dragon again. Honestly I'm pretty intimidated after how easily it killed my rex army. Lol.

1 hour ago, Fernlopez35 said:

Should I use the same Rex eggs that I currently have reproducing? Also, should I wait till they grow up or just go ahead and kill as soon as they hatch? Do you get more XP if Dinos are babies or full grown?

Give them a second to register on the server but kill them as babies. XP only cares about the level. 

On 12/21/2019 at 1:36 AM, Rintrahhh said:

After much taming and initial breeding to get the best stats I could find into my 2 base breeders, I finally got a male and female twins lvl 243 with the base stats (without imprint) of 7482.3 health, 1470 stamina and 413 melee.

I've got 20 of them leveling up. Right now they are all 100% imprinted and leveled up to lvl 300, health 22372, melee 1348, all have 112.2 ascendant saddles.

I'm leveling them health first up to 22372 and then putting everything else into melee. Someone suggested this to me because they said the veggie cakes wont be as effective when the health is higher than 21 or 22k.

I'm not sure how far I want to keep leveling them before trying the alpha dragon again. Honestly I'm pretty intimidated after how easily it killed my rex army. Lol.

How did you get a base stat of 413 melee to 1348 leveled up? are your stats boosted?

By far the best way to level dinos is to kill giga babies in mass. Gigas give 6x more exp than rexes of the same level. It's insane how fast the levels are in this method. A high level giga naby literally gives more exp than a max level alpha raptor. If you don't have gigas, use yutys instead.(And if you are doing a boss obviously you have yutys)

6 hours ago, PFM said:

How did you get a base stat of 413 melee to 1348 leveled up? are your stats boosted?

I'm playing singleplayer with the "use singleplayer settings" checked. I don't think that setting is boosting stats. The base stat of 413 is without imprint. When I breed from that base stat adult, I imprint the baby and the melee is even higher. The baby is lvl 243 and it takes about 12 or 15 levels to get the health to 22k and then everything else into melee. Each level up in melee is 20 points. At level 300, that's 57 levels and about 45 of those levels are in melee. 45×20=900. 413+900=1313. Plus as I said, with the imprint the base melee is even higher. I don't have the exact number for the imprinted stat.

Scorched earth death worms are an easy way to solo quickly level rexes individually, OSDs on extinction are the hands down fastest way to level Rex XP, but it’s also the easiest way to get you and your Rex killed because you can easily get swarmed and pinned.

There is also an exploit you can use if you are comfortable with broken mechanics, cryopoding a Dino on a map that you have played the least time on and the uncryopoding the Dino on the map you played the most on.  The Dino will instantly receive the experience from the time difference between the two maps and gain a crap ton of levels.  It’s kind of shady though.

8 hours ago, Rintrahhh said:

I'm playing singleplayer with the "use singleplayer settings" checked. I don't think that setting is boosting stats. The base stat of 413 is without imprint. When I breed from that base stat adult, I imprint the baby and the melee is even higher. The baby is lvl 243 and it takes about 12 or 15 levels to get the health to 22k and then everything else into melee. Each level up in melee is 20 points. At level 300, that's 57 levels and about 45 of those levels are in melee. 45×20=900. 413+900=1313. Plus as I said, with the imprint the base melee is even higher. I don't have the exact number for the imprinted stat.

The "single player settings" box boosts dino's stats dramatically. 

On 12/21/2019 at 12:28 AM, Fernlopez35 said:

How do you recommended I go by this? Make Tek Dinos and Megalania birthing pen, not claim the babies and just kill them all?

Yeah I have a birthing room that can birth anything. Dump eggs, hatch babies, and kill them. Have your grill nearby for prime as well. This works better on some dinos than others. Big AOEs or hitboxes can be spotty on rewarding kills so you have to figure out what works. I have all teks going (only para is 1 male 6 female though) and a mel farm for boss drops. Of the likely boss useable dinos rex is the most troublesome on this due to the hitbox issues mentioned above. You can use other babies  but i tend to cook most of them into kibble.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/22/2019 at 8:38 PM, Groovdog said:

Yeah I have a birthing room that can birth anything. Dump eggs, hatch babies, and kill them. Have your grill nearby for prime as well. This works better on some dinos than others. Big AOEs or hitboxes can be spotty on rewarding kills so you have to figure out what works. I have all teks going (only para is 1 male 6 female though) and a mel farm for boss drops. Of the likely boss useable dinos rex is the most troublesome on this due to the hitbox issues mentioned above. You can use other babies  but i tend to cook most of them into kibble.

Would you be able to provided a picture or a link to the birthing room you built? I would highly appreciate it since I can use it for other maps and such. thank you

18 hours ago, PertySlick said:

I have heard baby Spinos are great for experience as well if you don't have gigas.  I don't know for a fact that it's true though.

Agreed on Spino.

My island farm is so large I kill by the hundreds so which dino it is doesnt matter. But that is setting and mod dependent.

I basically only xp tek and stuff that generates boss tribute but your mileage will vary.

Room needs to be big enough to house largest thing u want to train. Can be smaller depending on mods as well. Basically wall of enough ACs to incubate anything. If only kill room that is it.

If hatchery as well then more space needed depending on mods as well. Use S+ nanny for lazy raises so I dont have much else in there. Fridges are close by for food and whole base is tek trough overlap covered with enough element and food to last 10x any raise. My settings are fairly generous (normal with boosted farm and egg related rates) as the base game is way too grindy. I use dino pickup to avoid potential glitching and meshing issues. Also funny to haul a baby giga around that is 10x your character size. All u see is dino butt :)

17 minutes ago, Groovdog said:

Agreed on Spino.

My island farm is so large I kill by the hundreds so which dino it is doesnt matter. But that is setting and mod dependent.

I basically only xp tek and stuff that generates boss tribute but your mileage will vary.

Room needs to be big enough to house largest thing u want to train. Can be smaller depending on mods as well. Basically wall of enough ACs to incubate anything. If only kill room that is it.

If hatchery as well then more space needed depending on mods as well. Use S+ nanny for lazy raises so I dont have much else in there. Fridges are close by for food and whole base is tek trough overlap covered with enough element and food to last 10x any raise. My settings are fairly generous (normal with boosted farm and egg related rates) as the base game is way too grindy. I use dino pickup to avoid potential glitching and meshing issues. Also funny to haul a baby giga around that is 10x your character size. All u see is dino butt :)

Toolong to read other than first few lines sorry in a rush, poster is correct spinos work.. room size dependent on Dino to level. search YouTube for build ideas if stuck but a a basic square room will do.

On 12/22/2019 at 11:54 AM, Rintrahhh said:

On 12/21/2019 at 1:36 AM, Rintrahhh said:

What do you do to level up herbivorous? What is the best way to level up the Therizinosaurs? 

I did the hatch loads of babies Rexs and kill them and that worked great! thank you for all who said that.

Now I am trying to focus on leveling up my army of Therizinosaurs. Right now the baby Therizinosaurs are hatching with around 7k health and 422 melee. Anyone has a suggestion on how to level them up quick? Can I do the hatch babies thing also or it doesn't work for herbivorous?

2 minutes ago, Fernlopez35 said:

What do you do to level up herbivorous? What is the best way to level up the Therizinosaurs? 

Well, I've been doing it the old fashioned grinding way, lol. I've been taking them out in groups of 3 and just killing everything. If killing hatchlings worked with the Rex's, I don't see why that method wouldn't work for the theries.

Archived