Winter Event: Brings out the BEST in people

JetJaguar

I love the event; dont get me wrong. But doesnt it bring out the best in players?

There should be a cooldown on you if you loot a gift. You shouldnt be able to loot another one for X amount of time.

Too many greedy O#_$#$ in the game who dont like playing nice..(Why play a social/other people online game?)

People get bored of it quickly, but I do see what your saying on a server with many people competing for the gifts it is unfair that some can't get them due to other players getting them first.

It would be better if they remained active for other players to claim also within the remaining time period.

I keep reading what I posted and know it seems off but I can't figure out another way of phrasing it. Hope it makes sense.

1 hour ago, JetJaguar said:

I love the event; dont get me wrong. But doesnt it bring out the best in players?

There should be a cooldown on you if you loot a gift. You shouldnt be able to loot another one for X amount of time.

Too many greedy O#_$#$ in the game who dont like playing nice..(Why play a social/other people online game?)

That would suck if you were the only person online though, that has happened to me and getting to loot them all/most of them is nice. (I don't do that if others are online, but if I am alone I may as well!)

4 minutes ago, Cowgirl said:

That would suck if you were the only person online though, that has happened to me and getting to loot them all/most of them is nice. (I don't do that if others are online, but if I am alone I may as well!)

Well on the, what seems extremely rare, occasion, you're online solo, then you just wait for the timer to wear off and goto the next one. Doesnt need to be a long timer. Just long enough that you cant goto each and every drop for yourself and other people have a chance at least.

I know how you feel. I had to follow raptorclause across the map only to see people lined up at every drop site and when I finally found an empty site I waited, and surely enough, someone else showed up. They attacked some dinos and angered some wyverns and then I became bait just so they could get the loot. Not only did I get stuck with angry wyverns, of course the other player just looted and did nothing to even help. I just wanted a chance to get a few chibis for me and two friends. I wish they would have designed and added gift piles or something like the halloween event items that spawned on the ground randomly giving mistletoe and/or coal, at least it would be more fair. It's frustrating to know that because people want to be greedy, they'll do whatever they can to get loot drops like that. So far, looks like I'm missing out because of greedy players. Sorry, I just had to vent a little. 

Because it's so hard to move to the next gift falling down when you see someone waiting for the first one before you. What if he gets a nice chibi pet? What if there is more coal in this gift? Why would I gave him a chance to get something nice when I want to have something nice?! How dare you to demand some fun from this event? Everything belongs to me! ME!!!

Sometimes I think these players are just pegomastaxes dressed up as players and I wouldn't be surprised if that was a true statement. Last thing we need is a big overgrown pego the size of a rex with that neon green color, santa hat/costume called Grinch roaming the map and stealing decorations from your base.

An alternative idea is to make raptor clause go much faster, drop all the gifts at nearly the same time, and gifts fall much quicker! The reason this way is better is people all across the map would see the gifts nearest to them, and all go to your individual gifts and it is lootable way before some troll flys map end to end getting loot people are clearly there waiting for... Also I suspect this would be easier to implement since you'd think it would just be a matter of finding the relevant code and updating some velocities.

I know the feeling. Most people are incapable of sharing.

Hint if you don't have super speed mounts: Be ready in the sky some seconds before the raptor time. Spot him, and don't try to rush to the first gift. Go directly to the second or the third, and land on top of the gift with your bird as it's still going down (yup you can land on top of them in the air). If people are not completely stupid, they will see that you're already waiting for "your" gift, and they will leave it to you. If it's not the case, ehm.. well try to be the fastest to open and click on Take All... Psst: with a controller you can be incredibly more fast to open and take the loot.

And how about those box tribes disappearing with your dinos as soon as you get the gift??? It happened with me (ticket opened) and another guy that had a ptera kidnapped and all his base doors obstructed with box tribe dinos??? Can someone explain a little if that's possible to teleport dinos without you?????

It's hard to be constructive with so many destructive things happening in this event. You are right OP, it brings out the biggest @#$@ bags imaginable.  We've had nothing but issues with people swooping in even while we were standing on top of the gifts and using macros or controllers to snatch everything, then race to the second, third, etc. They are inconsiderate at the most modest of descriptions.  Personally, I blame the race to win an Xbox competition they threw in there, it's causing nothing but chaos, and I'm sure every weak willed exploiter and cheater in the game is probably hard at work ruining the game for everyone who just wants to enjoy the event. Definitely would be a good idea to put cool down timers after a loot, so you can't go immediately to the next package on a mana and rip it away from someone who's trying to have a little holiday fun. Maybe after looting it encases you in a snow globe or something and you can't move for at least 120 seconds. 

14 hours ago, sjskdjkfa said:

An alternative idea is to make raptor clause go much faster, drop all the gifts at nearly the same time, and gifts fall much quicker! The reason this way is better is people all across the map would see the gifts nearest to them, and all go to your individual gifts and it is lootable way before some troll flys map end to end getting loot people are clearly there waiting for... Also I suspect this would be easier to implement since you'd think it would just be a matter of finding the relevant code and updating some velocities.

This is how it should have been from the start. All of the gifts should land at once. This would prevent the [][][]-ers from getting every single one on a managarmr. Everyone else is observing the someone else is there, move along practice except the boxers. And I agree with the quote above, this frustrating fiasco would be prevented by the gifts all landing at once, letting people who have no chance actually get at least one. Just have RaptorClaus fly his trajectory and then when he gets to the end, all the gifts appear at the same time and start landing.

Archived