Wildcard community manager encourages Exploiting against their CoC

Torchupmaryj

Wildcard community managers encourage Exploiting against their CoC

When the Community Manager encourages people to clean their bases and "hide their dupes" This is not them promoting confidence in their ability to fix the issues so many people have raised alarm to. This is Wildcard saying we know you dupe, and that's ok if you keep it on the down low. Imagine all the people who lost out big time because exploiters duped a bunch of stuff like meks, or element dust, or cluster bombs, or rockets, or c4, or tek structures... then unfairly fobbed up and attacked you with nothing but duped loot. Wildcard doesn't care about you. In fact they want those exploiters to stay hidden and not caught, because they dont want to enforce exploitation's like that. 

They will just resolve your helpdesk ticket without resolving the issue.

Its simple really, When a base gets wiped, and all the dinos are killed or stolen, wildcard is betting on you sinking more time into their game to build back up. The exploiters have a symbiotic relationship with the dev team, the exploiters wipe bases with ease and they love it for the EZ loot, and the people who got wiped complain to all their friends " which is free advertisement for ARK" then build back up " which is another time investment"  or they quit, which ARK already got your money so they dont care. 

Also, its pretty suspect that these mega tribes can make thousands of dollars monthly selling duped loot. The Dev team actually has room to exploit the system for side cash. Imagine how valuable an exploitation method is for a mega tribe, do you honestly believe the developers have ZERO ties to any mega tribe members willing to pay great money for a new exploitation method?

You know the saying gotta spend money to make money, Exploiters would pay top dollar to a dev for an exploitation method that makes them money.. Or pay to have someone overlook their bad behavior.. Food for thought

Capture.JPG

8 hours ago, Cedric said:

This is some next-level conspiracy theory talk.

Well except for the crazy "Dev team is in on it", he got a point.

You losing players that dont cheat because you letting dupers do what they want.

You could go into any server on Xbox smalltribes and find duped items and tons of duped dinos and meks and get rid of it.

Why dont you do something instead of making fun of him

It's so late now that a full wipe is on solution, why dont you f do anything, what is wrong with you

11 hours ago, PertySlick said:

Hey Cedric, maybe the next event can include a tinfoil hat called the "Torchupmaryj Helmet"?

Nahh, because people would be saying @Cedric is promoting potentially illegal drug use (if it is still illegal in your state) and therefore he is a terrible person.

In fact, I'll make the leap now so no one else has to.  Ced, by proxy due to this suggestion, is promoting potentially illegal drug use.

Food for thought.

DOWN WITH CEDRIC.

14 hours ago, Torchupmaryj said:

Wildcard community managers encourage Exploiting against their CoC

The CoC tends to be vague in areas, leaving way too many "rules" up to GM and player interpretation. Not to mention, enforcement varies from GM to GM depending on if they had their Corn Flakes the morning they come to your server.

This is not them promoting confidence in their ability to fix the issues so many people have raised alarm to. This is Wildcard saying we know you dupe, and that's ok if you keep it on the down low. Imagine all the people who lost out big time because exploiters duped a bunch of stuff like meks, or element dust, or cluster bombs, or rockets, or c4, or tek structures... then unfairly fobbed up and attacked you with nothing but duped loot.

Duping and Meshing have been issues since early access. If they haven't been fixed by now, I'm sorry to say it but its never going to be completely fixed.
WC is doing what they can, applying bandaids where possible but there will always be broken things that players will find a way to exploit.
I'm not sure why the community hasn't learned this yet.

Wildcard doesn't care about you. 
Its not completely wildcard's fault as they have Snail Games Overlords.

They will just resolve your helpdesk ticket without resolving the issue.

This is nothing new and there is no way to know why as support is directed to not update players with any explanations into tickets or investigations.

Also, its pretty suspect that these mega tribes can make thousands of dollars monthly selling duped loot. The Dev team actually has room to exploit the system for side cash. Imagine how valuable an exploitation method is for a mega tribe, do you honestly believe the developers have ZERO ties to any mega tribe members willing to pay great money for a new exploitation method?

You know the saying gotta spend money to make money, Exploiters would pay top dollar to a dev for an exploitation method that makes them money.. Or pay to have someone overlook their bad behavior.. Food for thought

We live in a messed up world and everyone has to eat so its easy to believe this goes on behind the scenes. However there are many websites players use to make a quick buck. I wont get racially specific but there are MANY. Not just for PVP items/dinos either, there are sites that sell items for PVE as well.
It all boils down to time sinks, players will pay to avoid.

Image result for alex jones tin foil hat gif"

8 hours ago, Grekern said:

Well except for the crazy "Dev team is in on it", he got a point.

You losing players that dont cheat because you letting dupers do what they want.

You could go into any server on Xbox smalltribes and find duped items and tons of duped dinos and meks and get rid of it.

Why dont you do something instead of making fun of him

It's so late now that a full wipe is on solution, why dont you f do anything, what is wrong with you

There are new slot cap duping methods out there, there are bases meshed everyday. Also there are people selling duped loot all day everyday. People raise tickets that get resolved without a legitimate resolution. These are legitimate concerns. Implicating the devs working with mega tribes to turn a profit, may be false may be true, Its my right as a player in the community to raise my opinion, regardless how radical it may seem. It sure is suspect that new exploit methods are always built into the games logic, after old methods are "fixed". They dont exactly promote confidence in their ability to correct major issues, when issues that are "being looked into" are still around years later and this is a consistent pattern we have seen historically. Cedric would rather people with dissenting views shut up and be more like the people on private servers he was bragging about who never complain about the game. (Except they play on private servers to get away from the very issues people still bring up today.)

17 hours ago, Cedric said:

This is some next-level conspiracy theory talk.

Wow, you had time to grace my post with conspiracy theory comments meanwhile, your dev team is hard at work not fixing meshing or duping, but fixing issues that they created with their newest update. Every update there is issues with your game, and usually you end up extending the events because how many people were impacted, but you know what I am glad the devs are hard at work fixing the very broken issues they created. Also, very glad the community manager has enough time to comment on my post while there game has very large issues to address before the newest expansion comes out, oh wait the new expansion was delayed, without new updates, probably because there is a lot broken they are still trying to bandaid.

Capture1.JPG

• Wildcard Community
1 hour ago, Torchupmaryj said:

Wow, you had time to grace my post with conspiracy theory comments meanwhile, your dev team is hard at work not fixing meshing or duping, but fixing issues that they created with their newest update. Every update there is issues with your game, and usually you end up extending the events because how many people were impacted, but you know what I am glad the devs are hard at work fixing the very broken issues they created. Also, very glad the community manager has enough time to comment on my post while there game has very large issues to address before the newest expansion comes out, oh wait the new expansion was delayed, without new updates, probably because there is a lot broken they are still trying to bandaid.

Capture1.JPG

Yes a community manager has time to comment on your post because that's what a community manager does.  This started about devs taking pay from exploiters and now is traveling to another realm of game bugs.  Enjoy your thread.

19 hours ago, Torchupmaryj said:

Its simple really, When a base gets wiped, and all the dinos are killed or stolen, wildcard is betting on you sinking more time into their game to build back up. The exploiters have a symbiotic relationship with the dev team, the exploiters wipe bases with ease and they love it for the EZ loot, and the people who got wiped complain to all their friends " which is free advertisement for ARK" then build back up " which is another time investment"  or they quit, which ARK already got your money so they dont care. 

This sentence contradicts itself. Is it for gain or not?

You clearly wrote this on the fly and didn't think about how you sound. I resent players who make this sort of thread

15 minutes ago, Cedric said:

This started about devs taking pay from exploiters and now is traveling to another realm of game bugs.

Well if you actually read the argument OP is presenting, they are saying you encouraged duping by telling people to hide their dupes. There are a myriad of issues that a huge base of this community complain about Duping/ MESHING/ ddos/ 255 ping. You never addressed the fact that you actively encouraged  duping behavior which is against your Code of Conduct.  You didn't address the fact that you got called out for encouraging exploitation.  

The CoC says "There should be no discussions in game or otherwise regarding abusing hacks and exploits, including access to cheats, where you can acquire them, or how they are utilized."

Telling people to hide their dupes is tacitly promoting the abuse of exploits and providing people with access on how to sustain and utilized their cheating dupes. Rather than trying to actively discourage from duping in the first place. 

Capture4.JPG

• Volunteer Moderator
3 minutes ago, vibeman117 said:

Well if you actually read the argument OP is presenting, they are saying you encouraged duping by telling people to hide their dupes. There are a myriad of issues that a huge base of this community complain about Duping/ MESHING/ ddos/ 255 ping. You never addressed the fact that you actively encouraged  duping behavior which is against your Code of Conduct.  You didn't address the fact that you got called out for encouraging exploitation.  

The CoC says "There should be no discussions in game or otherwise regarding abusing hacks and exploits, including access to cheats, where you can acquire them, or how they are utilized."

Telling people to hide their dupes is tacitly promoting the abuse of exploits and providing people with access on how to sustain and utilized their cheating dupes. Rather than trying to actively discourage from duping in the first place. 

Capture4.JPG

I hope somebody receives a sense of humor from Santa for Christmas.

2 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

I hope somebody receives a sense of humor from Santa for Christmas.

When Community Managers, and volunteer Moderators jump to the deflection of an argument by insulting or saying disparaging things about the person posting and not the substance of the arguments, that should worry everyone. Of course I would expect you guys to defend yourselves by trying to insult members of your community rather than address the real issues they bring up, fixing the real issues requires real effort, and you guys are all talking heads with no real control for fixing the issues. Your talking heads for a management team that proves time and time again that they cannot fix the major issues.   When is Meshing and Duping going to be completely out of the game? - I bet 1,000 duped meks that you wont have an answer for that question, man, i'll even deliver them to your base through the mesh. 

At some point people need to start being realistic and accepting that not every exploit can be "fixed" or prevented.  Cheats and exploits have always been a part of multiplayer gaming.  That's why I play private servers with people I know or trust.  All the "fixes" being implemented to fix one groups issues are increasingly eroding the experience for others.  I can't even pick up a Procoptodon anymore...

You want a permanent fix to duping?  That's easy: remove transfers, cryopods, storage containers, and remote inventories.  Want to eliminate meshing?  Remove the ability to mount/ride dinos and put kill zones on the other side of collision detection boundaries.  But then again, that is now a game I don't want to play.

• Wildcard Community

Wow, all this from a light joke.  People that have followed me even slightly know I have a sense of humor.  I'm sorry that some don't. To make it through life you cant take everything so serious.  Well, I don't.  Hence the joke.  It was not an endorsement for duping or going against the COC.

• Volunteer Moderator
20 minutes ago, vibeman117 said:

When is Meshing and Duping going to be completely out of the game?

It won't, pure and simple. There have been mesh and dupe fixes, and guess what... players find new ways to mesh and dupe. There are thousands of players that have time and interest to experiment in this game, and that will always put developers one step behind. This is nothing unique to Wildcard, all game developers are one step behind those that wish to exploit video games, just like any company.

Asking that type of question is like asking when crime is going to be stopped forever, or even asking when DDoS will be stopped forever, even though major companies get DDoS every year people think that Wildcard can stop it. The server providers could put in extra mitigation, but DDoS will never be stopped ever, period.

So asking questions like that is pointless because there is no answer because things like that cannot be eradicated 100% because there will always be humans that push the boundaries.

Archived