Questions About Chibis

Abecy

6 minutes ago, afterglowpt said:

Hey survivors, here are some really cool chibis. You can only level them up by killing alpha dino's.

BUT!! We are going to reduce the number of Alpha's on your map by 95%....

So, if you normally have an alpha around every corner, now you'll be lucky to have 3 or 4 on the whole map.

yeah I got the same feeling. I've only seen about 20-30 alphas in the past 2 days on the island, not a single one around my base. Try to get some high lvl under water alpha. Might do brute cave a few times.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Abecy said:

why are you attacking me, when i trying to help. If it show on your artifact +1 lv, that means it work. if not that's the bug.

The question was not does it show up on your record, it was does it allow you to level up. There are a lot of posts about having the + levels show up on the records but XP is max and no levels being gained.

I also play on unofficial, have level 130 (Alpha overseer, Alpha Rockwell) and have gotten my chibi to level 6 for the +5 player max level. I am still level 130, XP bar is showing max, and I have not gained any levels past what was already my max. 

I have seen multiple posts about XP gains being broken right now. I am assuming that is the issue and what is causing all of the confusion with the chibi and max levels. We just have too many people overly eager to be sarcastic and insulting to have their internet tough guy ego fed rather than try to understand the issue and find the correct answer.

34 minutes ago, Legislator said:

yeah I got the same feeling. I've only seen about 20-30 alphas in the past 2 days on the island, not a single one around my base. Try to get some high lvl under water alpha. Might do brute cave a few times.

The alpha population does seem to have decreased for this. I am lucky in that the unofficial server cluster I play on is mostly uninhabited right now so I get first pick of all alphas. I found that the most XP came from high level alpha mosas at about 180-300k xp each. Alpha sharks and carnos were about 60k each, raptors about 20k each. I just went around with my high hp and melee mosa with a platform and s+ transmitter for dino scan and farmed up the underwater alphas. RK was the best map for it as the you don't have to deal with guessing if the alphas are in caves or not.

A lot of these questions have already been answered in other threads.

Can't be killed, they are a skin just like HLNA

In theory you should be able to level up to 105 now, but xp gains appear to be broken and not working. After all alpha boss kills you can get up to 140.

Colors are random

Max level 6 for max of +5 char levels.

• Volunteer Moderator
7 hours ago, PsychoWo said:

The question was not does it show up on your record, it was does it allow you to level up. There are a lot of posts about having the + levels show up on the records but XP is max and no levels being gained.

I also play on unofficial, have level 130 (Alpha overseer, Alpha Rockwell) and have gotten my chibi to level 6 for the +5 player max level. I am still level 130, XP bar is showing max, and I have not gained any levels past what was already my max. 

I have seen multiple posts about XP gains being broken right now. I am assuming that is the issue and what is causing all of the confusion with the chibi and max levels. We just have too many people overly eager to be sarcastic and insulting to have their internet tough guy ego fed rather than try to understand the issue and find the correct answer.

Unofficial server owners will need to add the extra 5 levels to their game.ini if they've overrided the XP ramp. That is likely to be the issue for you. Once those 5 extra lvls are added to the INI you should get those levels.

• Volunteer Moderator
4 hours ago, Cowgirl said:

So if you complete 1 chibi (max level it and get access to your other levels) can you change it out to get 5 more after that 5 or is that it? Also do the levels only remain unlocked if you have THAT chibi on?

5 lvls is the max, you can't get any more than that.

• Volunteer Moderator
5 hours ago, JetJaguar said:

Chibi questions

• Can these be killed?
  • If Im level 100 and get a chibi max level, do I get to 105 or does it mean I can now get to 140 when leveling?
  • Do they come in set or various colors or will all dupes be the same color?
  • Whats the max lvl a chibi can reach?

Chibi's are classed as items. They work the same way as HLN-A does.

Chibis will add 5 extra lvls to your max. If you are (on official) at max lvl 105 then lvl a Chibi 5 times you will be able to get to 110. On top of that you still have the ascension lvls meaning you can reach 140 if you've done the ascensions and lvl'd a Chibi.

Colours are random. There's little point in duping Chibis.

• Volunteer Moderator
21 minutes ago, nameless said:

Is it possible to gain alpha exp on extinction?

I've heard it is possible with the enraged Rex, but from reports I hear it's not possible with the enraged Trike. I suspect because the enraged Rex is the equivalent of an Alpha rex but the Trike has not alpha to be an equivalent of.

10 hours ago, Cowgirl said:

So if you complete 1 chibi (max level it and get access to your other levels) can you change it out to get 5 more after that 5 or is that it? Also do the levels only remain unlocked if you have THAT chibi on?

Once you leveled one chibi with your char the information gets branded into the crystal in your arm. So you don't need the chibi later on anymore.

On the island it is hard to level the chibis lvl 2+ as not so much alphas are spawning anymore. I didn't even see alpha tusos and mosas yet.

On 12/18/2019 at 9:20 PM, Piffguru said:

Ok, I am aware of this but I would think it would be normal to default your responses to the standard way of playing this game which is on official servers. Which would mean the dinos max wild level is 150 since the OP never mentioned single player nor dedicated servers nor did anyone even mention dino levels in the first place lol.

I'm actually not sure Official servers are the standard way. My guess is that Unofficial or even Single Player is way bigger than the Official server population. But without data to support it, both of them are just guesses.

He didn't mention it no, but as I stated, the mention of 120 made me think it could be an issue and I tried to help by clarifying a thing they might not have thought to ask. Have you never been in the situation where you don't understand something to the degree you don't even know what questions to ask to find out what you need to understand it? That's what I'm talking about. What else do you think the mention of 120 meant?

15 hours ago, afterglowpt said:

Hey survivors, here are some really cool chibis. You can only level them up by killing alpha dino's.

BUT!! We are going to reduce the number of Alpha's on your map by 95%....

So, if you normally have an alpha around every corner, now you'll be lucky to have 3 or 4 on the whole map.

15 hours ago, Legislator said:

I find it hard to believe they lowered the amount of alphas... could it be that you're just feeling like there's fewer of them because you're looking for them instead of just passing them by? It's a very common way of getting the wrong impression. Or could it be that everybody and her mum are looking for alphas right now to level their chibis and that's why there's fewer of them? Or, hey, a combination of both, maybe? :)

13 hours ago, JetJaguar said:
  • If Im level 100 and get a chibi max level, do I get to 105 or does it mean I can now get to 140 when leveling?
12 hours ago, PsychoWo said:

In theory you should be able to level up to 105 now, but xp gains appear to be broken and not working. After all alpha boss kills you can get up to 140.

Just a clarification: if you didn't change anything on the servers you play, max level is 105 without ascension and 110 with chibi, 135 with ascension and 140 with ascension and chibi levels.

Private dedicated Extinction server here.

I've collected a ton of the chibis on our Extinction server, but I only have 16 different ones. I believe there's supposed to be 50 different ones available? So are some only available on certain maps, or released at different times? Do the Raptor Claus and Gacha Claus both give the same ones? 

Also, I've hunted high and low on Extinction, and have found many, many regular Gachas (in the sunken forest) but not a single Gachas Claus with the red cap... where the heck are they? I've slayed a lot of parasaurs and regular Gachas thinking it might promoted Gacha Claus spawning, but... nothing.

Some people report a problem with the white phoenix chibi not opening up but giving a popup saying it requires the dlc.  Since chibi's are just skins they should not be bound to a dlc.  Don't know where to post a chibi bug and I don't have the chibi phoenix just know of others who have problems.

Also, many people are treating these like they are real pets and don't seem to get the concept of "skins."  Comments like "make chibis breedable" is kinda silly.  This is not the pets you are hunting in ark.  You are more likely to get a breedable raft than a breedable chibi.  

I have tons of trikes and thylas, but zero drakes for example.

Is chibi rarity defined per specie - say probability of getting drake is lower than getting a trike? Or chibis from other maps have higher rarity and I would be drowning in wyverns if I collected gifts on SE?

If it's per specie, can I check the list somewhere?

Archived