Is this game worth playing legit?

Starrbean

Is this game worth playing legit?

Has anybody noticed that every time you look up how to do something in ark all the comments or instructional video makers are always voicing their disappointment or dislike of whatever their talking about. I’ve put over 850 hours into the game on default settings and i still have made no progress.

Thought deep sea loot crates would be a good boost in progression but-

-only two on map at a time 

-Mostly garbage

-Lieoplueradon only lasts 30 minutes

Thought breeding would help but-

-Takes hours

-Takes tons and tons of meat and veg

-Air conditioners

-Useless mutations

Want to fight the bosses but

-They don’t scale with difficulty

-Still glitchy

-Impossible for default settings for alphas

I know Ark is a grindy game but 850 hours? And the game still keeps getting new glitches after four dlcs? The first of which still doesnt have an ending? The second of which is mostly reskins?

I’ve committed alot of time into this but this is just miserable at this point.

10 minutes ago, GrumpyBear said:

It just sounds like you doing something wrong.  I’ve been solo most of this year,  I still have more stuff than most.  I can get anything I want even without selling stuff off.

I have everything useful, thousands of metal n tons of rexes but its just the grind for good rexes and blueprints, aswell as trying to get the artifacts in the underwater caves that are packed with mobs, im on default settings and i dont trade or sell or anything.

6 minutes ago, Starrbean said:

I have everything useful, thousands of metal n tons of rexes but its just the grind for good rexes and blueprints, aswell as trying to get the artifacts in the underwater caves that are packed with mobs, im on default settings and i dont trade or sell or anything.

If you want the artifacts from the underwater caves but don't fancy doing them then get them elsewhere, brute is a freebie on Ragnarok and cunning is a freebie on Valguero, no need to run the water caves if you don't want to but the easy cave is worth it just for the higher chance of good loot and is easy on a tamed basi

11 minutes ago, Starrbean said:

Good thing about playing on officials is you can ask people questions. such as  "how can i get artifacts easily" move to the center. "How can i take an 8 day break w/o losing my dinos" get a cryofridge or maybe a tribe mate.

and just sayin, if making some air conditioners is on your "hard to do" list. you're doing it wrong.

I'm not sure why you are even asking this question for several reasons. For one, youve already played the game for 850 hours. I believe you are well past the point of asking "is the game worth playing legit". Secondly, it sounds like youve already anwsered the question for yourself stating, "ive commited alot of time into this but this is just miserable at this point".  Lastly, as another has stated, it does seem that you may very well be doing thing in very inefficient ways. This is not to say that, oh,  you must be some kind of idiot or a beach Bob scrub, but usually for people that have your kind of time in the game and beyond have started hitting large strides in doing things effectively. It may just simply be that the game isnt for you. Theres nothing wrong with that. Often, after the amount of time you've put in, if the game isnt doing it for you, its best to just let it go.

That being said, the obvious anwser is that it varies person to person based on what they want out of the game and what they are willing to put up with. Thats any game though. Clearly alot of people would say, yes, considering the amount of hours some invest in this game and vice versa. 

Rough times but default blows, go official for the real shafting ;)

Either way, if anything gives you misery then leave that thing alone whatever it is. Could be burnt out from playing which is normal. I took a break, came back and feel like a kid in the candy store. Ark is perpetual, and if you are not enjoying the ride, get off for a few, no harm there.

Best of luck Survivor!

Archived