Electric Generator out of gasoline still runing on stasis mode?

SpCowboy

I tried to incubate eggs using 5 gasoline into a Generator, it suposed to consume them all in 5 hrs, but for some reason afther 5 hrs the genny still runs on officials, tried several times, even with 4 gasoline with eggs that had 5 hrs to hatch, but always the eggs hatched while i was offline.... anybody else tried this temporized incubation using a fixed amount of gas? I know this eggs hatched because i have the online notifications turned on, maybe the ofline protection reduce the gas consumption?

• Volunteer Moderator
8 minutes ago, SpCowboy said:

I tried to incubate eggs using 5 gasoline into a Generator, it suposed to consume them all in 5 hrs, but for some reason afther 5 hrs the genny still runs on officials, tried several times, even with 4 gasoline with eggs that had 5 hrs to hatch, but always the eggs hatched while i was offline.... anybody else tried this temporized incubation using a fixed amount of gas? I know this eggs hatched because i have the online notifications turned on, maybe the ofline protection reduce the gas consumption?

I believe Incubating Eggs are like taming creatures; they don't go in "stasis" and continues to tick regardless. However, generators do go into stasis so I believe this is pretty much the same concept as the following thread:

Where only the state of when your incubating eggs entered stasis matters. I know for a fact generators only consumes fuel when they goes out of stasis, and you can easily sees it when looking at your generator when you log on:

As you can see, it consumed shards rapidly until it was no longer in fuel debt (basically, 1 shard every server tick). If you want a tip; turn your generator off and back on whenever you log on after a few days and you will save a lot of shards. ?

Either way, even if the generators were ticking and turning off while in stasis, relying on that to incubate eggs would be a terrible idea. I mean, unless you are uncubating eggs that spawned in the wild (Wyvern, Rock Drake and Deinonychus), your eggs would becomes too cold to incubate and would gradually lose health and spoils if your air conditioners are shut down.

Archived