qol More intuitive controls for dinos that allow rider weapons

Warrior7

Suggestion

More intuitive controls for dinos that allow rider weapons

For most dinos that allow using weapons while mounted, having the camera constrained to a front-facing view and having the strafe keys turn the dino isn't that bad, because the dino normally cannot turn in-place by rotating the camera or strafe side-to-side, and some dinos like the rock drake have a special movement mode (climbing) that requires being able to turn at all times.

However, for the dinos who can, for me at least, the controls feel extremely awkward and unintuitive when using a weapon while mounted. Being unable to rotate the camera to turn the dino and having the strafe keys suddenly rotate the dino feels wrong and unintuitive. I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way.

Therefore I propose that the following creatures that allow rider weaponry that also have the ability to turn in place by rotating the camera, have their control scheme reworked to allow the movement of the mouse to rotate the dino itself when weapons are drawn:

• Araneo
  • Beelzebufo
  • Karkinos
  • Mantis
  • Pulmonoscorpius

In addition, the following creatures that allow rider weaponry that can both strafe side-to-side and turn in place by rotating the camera, should have their control scheme reworked to not only allow movement of the mouse to rotate the dino itself while weapons are drawn, but also prevent the strafe left/right keys from being remapped to turning:

• Gigantopithecus
  • Griffin (Flying only; on the ground it moves like a Sabretooth. In addition, it would need to have the ability added to turn in place, since it can only strafe)

None of these creatures are top tier in pvp or "meta", but it would be nice to see them become a little more useful due to being a good weapon mount.

0 replies to this server topic

There have been no replies to this suggestion yet

Archived