I've already submitted a ticket but I want this to get fixed as soon as possible. And I truly hope I don't get in any trouble for this as I completely did it on accident. And I am not going to explain the process I went through of how this happened as I don't want this to become a more widespread problem but I hope the admin see this and get ahold of me ASAP so we can get it figured out and fixed and hopefully I can transfer back so my gigas won't die. Cus right now I'm freaking out that I might get banned for something I had no control over...

Edited by TheTwiztid1

5 hours ago, TheTwiztid1 said:

I've already submitted a ticket but I want this to get fixed as soon as possible. And I truly hope I don't get in any trouble for this as I completely did it on accident. And I am not going to explain the process I went through of how this happened as I don't want this to become a more widespread problem but I hope the admin see this and get ahold of me ASAP so we can get it figured out and fixed and hopefully I can transfer back so my gigas won't die. Cus right now I'm freaking out that I might get banned for something I had no control over...

This happened to me yesterday. Just download your duped character on a random server, die, then create a new character. Log out, go back to where your main character is and you'll be free to transfer.

They know duped characters are mostly accidents and if you get rid of the one the game shouldn't give you an issue.

Submit what occured in a ticket so perhaps they can fix it and enjoy the game.

ALso, if your character has engrams already, you now have a backup of your character.  Park it on a server you dont' use and just leave it alone.  The day your character gets lost one day, you will be glad your backup is infinitely better than waiting for a gm appointment to restore imprints to a rerolled character.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GrumpyBear said:

ALso, if your character has engrams already, you now have a backup of your character.  Park it on a server you dont' use and just leave it alone.  The day your character gets lost one day, you will be glad your backup is infinitely better than waiting for a gm appointment to restore imprints to a rerolled character.

I heard that there could be consequences with their new duping technology if keeping the duped character and it is better to overwrite it.

I believe that came from @invincibleqc so I trust the judgement.

6 hours ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

I heard that there could be consequences with their new duping technology if keeping the duped character and it is better to overwrite it.

I believe that came from @invincibleqc so I trust the judgement.

Engrams and imprints should be tied to accounts, not characters. Unfortunately, Wildcard doesn’t see it that way. Would save thousands of tickets/reports/GM visits. That way they could focus on the rare lost tribes issues, and majority is spent on griefing/meshing/duping. 

I know people with duped characters (no fault of their own) and its pretty neat knowing they can imprint on one server and move to another and have the same. Not intended, but man what a QOL that would be!