Lack of enforcement

Poppet

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would prefer them to actually enforce theri CoC with people harming other people on PVE than them dealing with frozen babies, frozen babies dont hurt other players, everyone knows atleast 2-3 methods by now, and raising babies can be kinda painful anyway. Bigger problem in my opinion is stuff like people building over oil nodes/luring aggro dinos on ext/stuff like that that actually negatively impacts other players game.

13 hours ago, Poppet said:

Wow. So now not supporting cheating and playing by the rules...and expecting that in the official server I play on....is about feeling superior and boosting folks ego? okaaaaaay.....

This is simple folks. What modality is being used in the application of enforcement? The rules lay out very specifically what will happen if you break these rules, and instead the same perpetrators are pumping out several generations of babies with no action from Wildcard curtailing their activities. This is INCREDIBLY damaging to a community...especially as I personally know people who were nuked for it before.

Look I am well used to these forums being about how PVE doesn't matter, and I know wading into this morass will always result in that particular flavor in responses. I love the mindset here that the rules just don't apply because 'oh well'.

No offence dude but official is plagued by duping and meshing just now. Your little whining about how easy it is to raise babies just now is almost irrelevant in the bigger picture. We have been meshed 6 times this past week, if the worst thing youve got to worry about is it being too easy to raise life is sweet

@Oli4they do enforce heavy on such matters. I have reported countless people for building in Charge Nodes. 80% of all charge Nodes in the green and blue area were build in by different tribes and the enforcement team wiped all of that garbage away. 

The server was also heavily pillared by some tribes which I also reported and all those pillars vanished over some days making place for new tribes to build on those spots.

Just an example: One tribe pillared nearly the whole ''starting area'' of the blue zone. The bridge that leads upwards and spreads to many sides, everything was pillared. Every plateau was pillared and the GM's removed all those pillars.

One tribe that I have never seen on the server had a big area in the green pillared, they had no base and I have never seen them online but the pillars always got refreshed over months and months. The enforcement GM's removed them all and I'm very thankful for that.

I may talk a lot of s**** on Wildcard and how they handle many other matters but pillaring and building in resources like oil vains, charge nodes and city terminals get heavily enforced IF reported.

People just need to start reporting, there are still so many people who think ''first come first serve'' is still valid in ARK and pillar gigantic areas like the guy on Valguero who pillared the whole square from 10/10 to 20/20. A single report will wipe it all away and if they have that many pillars scattered around they will simply remove everything up to a clip count, removing all their behe gates, 1-3 tek storages and so on.

They enforce this heavily BUT sometimes it goes the wrong way, pillared big recourse spots that everyone knows about (metal, obsidian, crystal, salt and others) should be kept pillared or provided with way, way more ''no building'' zones by Wildcard.

16 hours ago, Vaculity said:

Actually, any form of exploits counts as bannable offense, its how they handle it is another question. Owl freeze baby is techincally against code or conduct.

I am not going to bother on writing on a wall of text here (and i wont bother to respond like that either if you are gonna quote me on reply like that as well), but few days ago few of the tribes in Pve had been devwiped for using this method In several servers, including my own.

You aren't wrong Vac.  It's just, we can only make a report and move on.  I know hoping for results is a poor substitute for seeing actual results, but that is the extent of our control as players.  Sorry for the wall of text, just that this is a kind of subject that I felt needed a more verbose response.  Some conversations can be fully dead-ended with 2 sentences, some can't.  So again, sorry.  :)

9 hours ago, GrumpyBear said:

Just because they don’t eat doesnt mean their food doesn’t go down,  or the server isn’t busy keeping the attack ongoing permanently.  The animation, syncing the information with every player.  It all counts towards cpu load.  Even if they don’t need to eat because of the effect.  I hatch 100s of eggs all at once occasionally.  Other players on the server definitely feel it.  You get everyone doing the same thing we can easily get back to tame capped servers as everyone ramps up production.

I think that's only true if every player on the server is rendering that base at the same time, which I feel is highly unlikely.  Syncing one-hundred babies with the server would indeed cause some lag, no argument there, but if you aren't in render, your client isn't calling the server for that data so the only effect on your playability is the one person who is loading all those darn babies.  Now I'm not a full-fledged computer scientist or UE4 developer so I can't say for sure, but I don't know that any of us are computer scientists or UE4 developers and are just making our most educated guesses about the possible effects of this owl-glitch.

Bonsoir à tous, hello everyone,

people cheat, people ping the servers, in the community there are different types of players, of course those who use bugs in their personal interests, however ark sanctions the breeding of rollrat and mesopithecus and removes your dinos. some have the merit of spending an incalculable number of hours without cheating and have the merit and pride, the cheaters or the clever ones who use each update to take advantage of a bug, battleye is useless and ark do not investigation, wc prefers denunciation.

Bref tout ça est bancal.

Bonne continuation.

3 hours ago, Fukushu said:

@Oli4they do enforce heavy on such matters. I have reported countless people for building in Charge Nodes. 80% of all charge Nodes in the green and blue area were build in by different tribes and the enforcement team wiped all of that garbage away. 

The server was also heavily pillared by some tribes which I also reported and all those pillars vanished over some days making place for new tribes to build on those spots.

Just an example: One tribe pillared nearly the whole ''starting area'' of the blue zone. The bridge that leads upwards and spreads to many sides, everything was pillared. Every plateau was pillared and the GM's removed all those pillars.

One tribe that I have never seen on the server had a big area in the green pillared, they had no base and I have never seen them online but the pillars always got refreshed over months and months. The enforcement GM's removed them all and I'm very thankful for that.

I may talk a lot of s**** on Wildcard and how they handle many other matters but pillaring and building in resources like oil vains, charge nodes and city terminals get heavily enforced IF reported.

People just need to start reporting, there are still so many people who think ''first come first serve'' is still valid in ARK and pillar gigantic areas like the guy on Valguero who pillared the whole square from 10/10 to 20/20. A single report will wipe it all away and if they have that many pillars scattered around they will simply remove everything up to a clip count, removing all their behe gates, 1-3 tek storages and so on.

They enforce this heavily BUT sometimes it goes the wrong way, pillared big recourse spots that everyone knows about (metal, obsidian, crystal, salt and others) should be kept pillared or provided with way, way more ''no building'' zones by Wildcard.

image.thumb.png.e892e1560b4ecab370239dc44ba013fe.png

https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/code-of-conduct/

" Blocking access to important resources (ie. charge nodes, gas nodes, Extinction City Terminals, etc) "

Apparently it is allowed to block oil nodes

41 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

That's the exact intended use of an oil pump.

I mean build an entire building over the pump/oil node area, so that you can't demolish their pump or place your own pump on the node. I was not talking about the pump itself but placing an entire building over the oil pump/node. An oil pump will autodecay in 2 days, but if someone builds an tek building over it you can't place it there for 20 days when fully encapsulated.

Edit: pdJbhBv.jpg Here you see an oil node being blocked by a tek building, nobody but that tribe can place an oil pump on that oil node.

• Volunteer Moderator
3 minutes ago, Oli4 said:

I mean build an entire building over the pump/oil node area, so that you can't demolish their pump or place your own pump on the node. I was not talking about the pump itself but placing an entire building over the oil pump/node. An oil pump will autodecay in 2 days, but if someone builds an tek building over it you can't place it there for 20 days when fully encapsulated.

Working as intended.

• Volunteer Moderator
3 minutes ago, Oli4 said:

... I really dont want to get another warning but this is super tempting

Relax. Just lively banter. 

I wish I could give you a concrete answer. Sometimes I can get some good info from the enforcement team. 

Other times, not so much.

Just now, Joebl0w13 said:

Relax. Just lively banter. 

I know, but you are the one with a tek rifle and I am the one with a primitive slingshot...

If it is allowed what is stopping me from just building tek boxes on all SE servers over all oil nodes and just reset decay timer once every 15 or so days like in this picture? pdJbhBv.jpg

To me oil nodes(on SE) are the same as the things listed in the CoC

@CedricCould you perhaps clarify this?

1 minute ago, crazyhobo said:

cause it even states this in the coc 

Blocking access to important resources (ie. charge nodes, gas nodes, Extinction City Terminals, etc) < the lovely etc meaning it would be covered imo due it oil node would be important resource but meh I don't make the rules I just look at where wc doesn't 

This is one of those places where you shouldn't use etc to finish your list. There are not that many resource nodes in ark, only other ones I could think of would be plant Z on ab(although much more common than other resource nodes) and oil nodes on se/rag/val

Archived