Lack of enforcement

Poppet

Lack of enforcement

Dear Wildcard,

I have been thinking of how to write this to best communicate the problem. We all know there has been a problem with duping and owl glitching. We know you are working on a solution. 

But it is what is happening on the enforcement side that upsets me on Official PVE. Multiple people on each server I play- other than Ab of course- have been using the Owl glitch to raise babies. As a largely single player that does it right- setting alarms, hunting exhaustively to support the babies I am raising I can't tell how discouraging it is to fly around a map and see folks on the 5th set of owl glitched babies- and nothing is done.

So I ask you what is the official word on this? Is this a glitch and a bannable offense...or not? Why are these serial offenders not being nuked?

You have to realise that more people will do this if you fail to enforce your owl rules. And the next glitch that comes along will find many more players willing to partake given your failure to crush the people who are openly cheating. 

As it is I have no desire to get on right now and raise babies. And that is unfortunate as that is a large part of PVE for most folks.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Poppet said:

Lack of enforcement

Dear Wildcard,

I have been thinking of how to write this to best communicate the problem. We all know there has been a problem with duping and owl glitching. We know you are working on a solution. 

But it is what is happening on the enforcement side that upsets me on Official PVE. Multiple people on each server I play- other than Ab of course- have been using the Owl glitch to raise babies. As a largely single player that does it right- setting alarms, hunting exhaustively to support the babies I am raising I can't tell how discouraging it is to fly around a map and see folks on the 5th set of owl glitched babies- and nothing is done.

So I ask you what is the official word on this? Is this a glitch and a bannable offense...or not? Why are these serial offenders not being nuked?

You have to realise that more people will do this if you fail to enforce your owl rules. And the next glitch that comes along will find many more players willing to partake given your failure to crush the people who are openly cheating. 

As it is I have no desire to get on right now and raise babies. And that is unfortunate as that is a large part of PVE for most folks.

I also don't use glitches but why would the owl glitch upset you on PvE? There's no competitive advantage gained since there's no player vs player competition except in your own head.

No desire to raise babies? That's on you. The owl glitch has zero effect on your experience as a PvE player, just like the last owl glitch, or the legacy water glitch. 

Focus on your own stuff. Focus on your player vs the environment. 

5 minutes ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

I also don't use glitches but why would the owl glitch upset you on PvE? There's no competitive advantage gained since there's no player vs player competition except in your own head.

No desire to raise babies? That's on you. The owl glitch has zero effect on your experience as a PvE player, just like the last owl glitch, or the legacy water glitch. 

You are a trader. So am I. The real thing we trade is TIME. If I am spending that much more time working to do it right, and you are trading babies you sit and forget due to glitching it is an enormous imbalance.

I knew folks would chime in with your attitude. I can't help that you think cheating in a game is ok- that's about you and your world view. But it should absolutely bother everyone that some people have been banned for this sort of thing and now it seems to be no big deal at the very least. What I count on in official servers is a level playing field with equally applied enforcement. If you are going to have rules, enforce them.

6 minutes ago, Poppet said:

You are a trader. So am I. The real thing we trade is TIME. If I am spending that much more time working to do it right, and you are trading babies you sit and forget due to glitching it is an enormous imbalance.

I knew folks would chime in with your attitude. I can't help that you think cheating in a game is ok- that's about you and your world view. But it should absolutely bother everyone that some people have been banned for this sort of thing and now it seems to be no big deal at the very least. What I count on in official servers is a level playing field with equally applied enforcement. If you are going to have rules, enforce them.

I don't think cheating is ok. I don't do it. If I thought it was ok, I'd do it. I rail against it if it affects other players but it doesn't truly affect you in PvE. It's not getting kited. It's not duping that affects the server. It's not someone blocking an artifact cave. It is simply a glitch that affects dino's eating and it has 0 effect on what you do. 

I raised my dino's right and with quality and still made quite a bit of the tek structure, etc. I wanted to make because my trading name was good. If you have a loyal customer base, they will still come to you. 

I also stopped playing to trade awhile ago. I play for me and my friends and if a trade comes along, cool. 

You want a level playing field on official? Then give your top stats and structures away for free. Only way there will be a level playing field. 

Most importantly, in PvE, there is 0 field because there is no true competition except against the environment. 

If you want to let something that has 0 effect on what you can do in this game, take away from your enjoyment, that is a personal choice.

You have some really odd logic constructs going on here. You don't think cheating is ok....but you are jumping into an argument to support cheating.

You are saying cheating is the same as a player working hard to breed up dinos and applying colors and not giving them away for free? Your critical thinking skills need some work my friend.

Owl glitching is cheating. Your words. You are then ok with the cheating epidemic plaguing the game. Good talk! :)

39 minutes ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

If you want to let something that has 0 effect on what you can do in this game, take away from your enjoyment, that is a personal choice.

13 minutes ago, Poppet said:

You have some really odd logic constructs going on here. You don't think cheating is ok....but you are jumping into an argument to support cheating.

You are saying cheating is the same as a player working hard to breed up dinos and applying colors and not giving them away for free? Your critical thinking skills need some work my friend.

Owl glitching is cheating. Your words. You are then ok with the cheating epidemic plaguing the game. Good talk! :)

What he's saying is that in the PvE mode, raising babies easier with a glitch isn't really that impactful for the game.  I mean, I guess it is if you are trying to be the server WalMart and then the server Target starts freezing babies and "selling" for cheaper while building up "in-stock" dinos faster because of the glitch.  But you are always going to run the risk of getting undercut on a server.  Salespeople have a good run ripping people off, and ripping themselves off, and then others join in.  Or someone from off-server with stronger breeds shows up and all of a sudden your dinos are old hat, but either way I mean that the "sales" game in ARK is dynamic and eventually people won't want to buy your poop.

He was gently saying that a "level playing field" in PvE ARK isn't the same as other game modes, because the environment will fight you in predictable ways.  All you need are some God-Rexes, or one raised Giga, and it's about as level as you can get, pre-bossfight.  Even then, its a matter of a bit of persistence, and most bossfights are a joke even with dumpy saddles.  I dunno.

I don't agree with the cheating, but for the same reason I don't agree with dino sales.  Yes, the situations have differences and I can understand the distinctions for sure!  But they are quite literally both examples of people wanting to find a way to circumvent what the game wants you to do to enjoy the benefits.  Either way, sure.  Ban the cheaters!

I have exactly 3 hours today to play the game. (This is an example by the way, not an actual measure of my time.)
I can unpod these babies I have in my projects fridge and sit and hand feed them. I can also maniacally run out occasionally to grab meat so they do not die...even worse when it is not 2x. This will take several hours of my time. For babies like Gigas? It will take days of my time.

OR...

I can owl glitch these podded babies. Go out with friends and run drops/veins on extinction while they sit and mature without me actually doing the work. Gain  all the ele I need for various projects or to buy those dinos I have my eye on that other traders are offering. 

Look at it another way:

Hey go ahead and mine that metal ore over there as much as you like but if you use anything other than this grey metal pick we are gonna ban you for breaking our CoC.

I go and happily mine my ore with the metal pick and slowly gain what I need for my projects.

Player 2 decides to screw all of that grey pick mess, busts out a 700 base melee anky and goes to town on the orefield.

But it's cool...it's just PVE and doesn't really impact anything important, right?

You can 'not agree with dino sales' all you like. Just like you can disagree with me that chocolate is the best flavor for any cake. I don't really care about your opinion. What is important here- is if the game we are playing is administering the rules they created fairly or at all so we all have the same parameters to work from.  Every player out there has the same opportunity to breed up super dinos. But I expect you to do the work and sink those thousands of hours into it I have in order to get there.

2 minutes ago, Poppet said:

I have exactly 3 hours today to play the game. (This is an example by the way, not an actual measure of my time.)
I can unpod these babies I have in my projects fridge and sit and hand feed them. I can also maniacally run out occasionally to grab meat so they do not die...even worse when it is not 2x. This will take several hours of my time. For babies like Gigas? It will take days of my time.

OR...

I can owl glitch these podded babies. Go out with friends and run drops/veins on extinction while they sit and mature without me actually doing the work. Gain  all the ele I need for various projects or to buy those dinos I have my eye on that other traders are offering. 

Look at it another way:

Hey go ahead and mine that metal ore over there as much as you like but if you use anything other than this grey metal pick we are gonna ban you for breaking our CoC.

I go and happily mine my ore with the metal pick and slowly gain what I need for my projects.

Player 2 decides to screw all of that grey pick mess, busts out a 700 base melee anky and goes to town on the orefield.

But it's cool...it's just PVE and doesn't really impact anything important, right?

You can 'not agree with dino sales' all you like. Just like you can disagree with me that chocolate is the best flavor for any cake. I don't really care about your opinion. What is important here- is if the game we are playing is administering the rules they created fairly or at all so we all have the same parameters to work from.  Every player out there has the same opportunity to breed up super dinos. But I expect you to do the work and sink those thousands of hours into it I have in order to get there.

It doesn't affect anything, that is absolutely true.  How much of something someone else has doesn't affect you in ARK.  This bullpoop competitive spirit in PvE ARK is a waste of breath because it means nothing and is not verifiable.  There is literally no reason for arguing about that anymore, so I'll let you get in the final word and let it go.

If WildCard decides to scrub all bases with owl-glitchers, they won't be coming to your base.  Or mine!  But if they don't, those other tribes still have stuff and will have glitched them to adulthood.  Yes, we non-owl glitchers will have our pride, but the glitchers won't enjoy the game any less.  It will, at that point, only be hurting our feelings (the feelings of the non-glitchers, that is) if we let it, and other than that amount to nothing.

I get that it is cheating.  I think many people do.  I'm curious to see what they will do, if anything, to handle it.  Personally Poppet, I expect nothing other than a patch to fix the exploit with absolutely zero enforcement action taken.

If that is the case, then this right here is garbage.

Introduction

The Code of Conduct is subject to change without notification, though Studio Wildcard will do its best to ensure that changes are communicated clearly to those on the Official Network.

Failure to abide by our Code of Conduct can result in the removal of your structures, creatures, items or banning of your account from the Official Network and all BattlEye Protected Servers. Studio Wildcard reserves the right to immediately suspend player accounts as it deems fit. Action taken is at the sole and absolute discretion of Studio Wildcard and its employees.

This list is not exhaustive but represents clear guidelines for players to adhere to when playing on our Official Network. For something you’re unsure of, please use your best judgement. When in doubt, reach out to us here and select "Report Abuse". Ensure you’re acting with some semblance of decency when conducting yourself on our Official Network.

Hacking and Exploiting

Hacking and Exploiting

Hacking or exploiting game mechanics to gain an unfair advantage over other players is not tolerated.

They don't care for the Owl Exploit and they don't ban people for it.

ARK streamers stream themselves using the exploit and mass maturing in PVP where this bug is really damaging. I started to ignore all the people who use it on PVE because I reported many and nothing ever happened. No one cares and after thinking for a while, I realized that I shouldn't care either and started to understand why so many people started abusing it.

No one in their right mind wants to handfeed a Giga for 30 hours anymore (I have done it countless times). Such a playstyle is outdated IMO and the ''old ARK players'' who dream about the nostalgic past were people struggled with a Rex or to feed their babies, stacking troughs with cooked meat and hoping your giga survives the night are things that will never happen again, unless you force it yourself. 

It always reminds of World of Warcraft nostalgia, you had fun back in the day grinding away your life and many people longed so deeply for that sweet feeling but after playing Classic 14 years later, only the most hardcore (nerds) players stayed because everyone else had better things to do. You will never experience that feeling again, you changed and the game changed.

IMO many dinos need a rebalancing, 2 weeks maturing and imprinting for a giga, mosa or tuso? That's an absurd time investment and people have sunk in 10000 hours or more into ARK which are 400+ days just in ingame time, for me that number seems absurdly large. You have spend over a year of your life in this game feeding your stupid giga babies. With this I realized why people adore the Owl bug so much or why people love the Nanny mod. (I would instantly pay for a Nanny Mod DLC)

I'm not supporting them. I'm nothinging them. Their cheating does not impact my enjoyment. I am saying, I think it is foolish you are letting it.

I will say your Anky scenario would constitute them affecting my game. We have equal rights to that field. If they break out an Anky, they then impact my rule following way to get that metal based on their unfair advantage to get it quicker. It wouldn't be the amount they get but the ability to one shot nodes and move on by using an illegal method. 

Then again, if I see someone farming an area, I come back later.

PS: According to every test I've ever taken that measures it my critical thinking is one of my best attributes only surpassed by my spatial reasoning. So...that hurt a little. Lol

Also like @TheDonnsaid, no one should care for competition in ARK PVE. I have argued with my friend over this a couple times because the wants the ''old ARK feeling'' back which he experiences when new server come out. Where everyone starts at 0 BUT why do you need this feeling? Do you really want to feel superior over others in ARK PVE because you managed to kill the Alpha Boss, does this boost your ego?
It just seems so valueless and when I told him to just start breeding his own dinos, have a nice little project and fight bosses with his own work he declined because it's not the same.

So he and others want that feeling of superiority were people come to you for boss tips/mature tips/breeding tips or simply your lines. I normally don't want to devalue this because such people maybe have some issues IRL of not being accomplished or happy but I hear it a lot.

PVE is IMO a place where everyone should play as they want as long as it's not directly damaging to others. 

As @Poppetmentioned ''others'' could buy those new sweet breeding lines but you couldn't because you would have to decide what to do.

Why not rather ask yourself ''why do I need those new lines and why do I care if others use them and I don't?'' 

Edit: Also as said before, Wildcard doesn't care for the owl bug abuse. I have reported it when I noticed it, nothing will happen because livestreamers use it daily on their streams. I was also angry and found it unfair at first but who really cares? People have better things to do. :)

Wow. So now not supporting cheating and playing by the rules...and expecting that in the official server I play on....is about feeling superior and boosting folks ego? okaaaaaay.....

This is simple folks. What modality is being used in the application of enforcement? The rules lay out very specifically what will happen if you break these rules, and instead the same perpetrators are pumping out several generations of babies with no action from Wildcard curtailing their activities. This is INCREDIBLY damaging to a community...especially as I personally know people who were nuked for it before.

Look I am well used to these forums being about how PVE doesn't matter, and I know wading into this morass will always result in that particular flavor in responses. I love the mindset here that the rules just don't apply because 'oh well'.

4 hours ago, Poppet said:

Lack of enforcement

Dear Wildcard,

While a glitch/exploit should always be fixed asap, its inevitable that until it is people will take advantage of it. That said you are playing PVE, what does it matter to you what your neighbour is doing. It has zero impact on your game. This seems like another case of a PVE micro aggressiveness, a common trait in lieu of actual combat.

34 minutes ago, ForzaProiettile said:

While a glitch/exploit should always be fixed asap, its inevitable that until it is people will take advantage of it. That said you are playing PVE, what does it matter to you what your neighbour is doing. It has zero impact on your game. This seems like another case of a PVE micro aggressiveness, a common trait in lieu of actual combat.

Very, very, very, very common.  "What little thing can I do that can piss off other players while I know they can't do anything in response other than get pissy?"  I don't agree that this is what Poppet is doing (if that's what you are saying), but it is an extremely common occurrence in PvE ARK.

47 minutes ago, Poppet said:

This is simple folks. What modality is being used in the application of enforcement? The rules lay out very specifically what will happen if you break these rules, and instead the same perpetrators are pumping out several generations of babies with no action from Wildcard curtailing their activities.

I agree, and would love to know more about enforcement action too!  I have extremely low expectations of learning anything more about their process, but I can always dream.  But again, I don't share the opinion that it is that damaging to the overall Official PvE experience.

49 minutes ago, Aylana314159 said:

Then why play PvE on a multiplayer server?

Because it is better than singleplayer as it is more reliable, it is better because the world is persistent, and it is better because you can do things with other people.  For other reasons too, but I hope that's enough.  Those 3 have nothing to do with an attitude of constant competitive spirit, I dunno. EDIT:  Also, not everyone has a nice set of hardware to run their own server.  Figured you might read the above and think, "Just run your own" and for a lot of people that isn't an option.  Definitely isn't for me.  It doesn't matter how cheap server hardware is, it just isn't practical for me right now.

47 minutes ago, Poppet said:

I love the mindset here that the rules just don't apply because 'oh well'.

For me, it's less about "oh well" and more about just focusing on things I can and can't control.  I can't stop people from meshing and duping.  I can't stop people from owl-glitching.  I can't make WildCard come to my server when and where I choose to enforce stuff.  I CAN play ARK and enjoy myself, go for a stroll on an unstoppable MeatGrinder, a dash on a bright yellow Gallimimus, fire up the Therizinos or Rexes and go trash some bosses, get geared/suited up and go cave'ing, or tear down and tweak my base (or part of it).  Those things (among others) make the game fun.  Constantly hoping that exploits will get fixed or that some good quality enforcement will roll out just makes me friggin irritated.

Actually, any form of exploits counts as bannable offense, its how they handle it is another question. Owl freeze baby is techincally against code or conduct.

I am not going to bother on writing on a wall of text here (and i wont bother to respond like that either if you are gonna quote me on reply like that as well), but few days ago few of the tribes in Pve had been devwiped for using this method In several servers, including my own.

59 minutes ago, Poppet said:

Wow. So now not supporting cheating and playing by the rules...and expecting that in the official server I play on....is about feeling superior and boosting folks ego? okaaaaaay.....

This is simple folks. What modality is being used in the application of enforcement? The rules lay out very specifically what will happen if you break these rules, and instead the same perpetrators are pumping out several generations of babies with no action from Wildcard curtailing their activities. This is INCREDIBLY damaging to a community...especially as I personally know people who were nuked for it before.

Look I am well used to these forums being about how PVE doesn't matter, and I know wading into this morass will always result in that particular flavor in responses. I love the mindset here that the rules just don't apply because 'oh well'.

Legit lad are you on drugs? The point most of the people here are making is yes cheating is wrong but it honestly isnt hurting you. So why are you letting it bother you so much? 

I mean even in one of your earlier posts you say you have 3 hours playtime today and can only get so much done in that time but if you abused the exploit you could accomplish more, the same can be said for that bob down the beach though who can play for longer than you everyday. So seeing as some NEET players have an edge over you all the time why are you letting this get to so bad?

54 minutes ago, FreelancerKnux said:

Legit lad are you on drugs? The point most of the people here are making is yes cheating is wrong but it honestly isnt hurting you. So why are you letting it bother you so much? 

I mean even in one of your earlier posts you say you have 3 hours playtime today and can only get so much done in that time but if you abused the exploit you could accomplish more, the same can be said for that bob down the beach though who can play for longer than you everyday. So seeing as some NEET players have an edge over you all the time why are you letting this get to so bad?

Hello again Mister Dudebro :)

Things you get wrong:

1. I am a female not a 'lad'. Crazy concept in an internet game, amiright? Please consider your default perceptions of who peoples your gaming communities. 
2.I chose to play a game on official settings- meaning the fact I am not playing on my own availability curve is part of that. If I can't spend the time to play the game per the rl time investment, I can play on unofficial at my own pace. That is NEVER a legit reason to cheat.
3. I am very bothered by a setting where a clearly defined set of rules is haphazardly applied on a whim, as should we all be, in and out of a game environment. Laws should be enforced in an even-handed manner or not at all- and the not at all bit equally communicated to everyone affected.
4. The only regulation any population can exert upon a regulating body, is to speak out against inconsistencies. Silence is consent.

9 hours ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

There's plenty of reasons why using the owl glitch effect other players.   First off, there's usually a certain amount of animals one person can raise at a time.  They have some natural constraints like , time needed to farm food, filling them all before they start to starve.....   If this regulator is removed, I can raise 400+ animals all at once.  400 animals raising all at the same time would definitely suck up more cpu time than 400 fully raised tames in a base,  since these animals are far hungrier than a full grown dino.  When one player can have an outsized influence on game processes on one server, it will definitely effect everyone else on the server.

Someone earlier also mentioned raising stuff to sell, this most certainly would effect market prices on animal dna and colors out in the wild.  It would definitely make a cheater feel that it would be super easy to discount the costs of raising since they pretty much cost nothing to raise.  Thereby making resellers help to kill original breeders desire to work the bloodlines further.  Great example, I have dozens of people asking for higher anky melee.  I'm not releasing any after I saw someone reselling the eggs so cheap that I didn't even feel the price was worth logging into the server to set up the vaults for a trade.  WHy should I sell higher when that's what's going to happen in a relatively short time frame?

Lots of people have better dna than what's public, there's plenty of reasons not to release it into the wild.  The owl glitch is one of them.

To the OP of the thread, Take pictures of their frozen animals and report them all.  If they are out in the open, you could always use an owl and freeze them and free them from the frozen state.  If the cheater happens to be offline when that happens, they'll get a nice surprise when they login.

5 hours ago, Poppet said:

Hello again Mister Dudebro :)

Things you get wrong:

1. I am a female not a 'lad'. Crazy concept in an internet game, amiright? Please consider your default perceptions of who peoples your gaming communities. 
2.I chose to play a game on official settings- meaning the fact I am not playing on my own availability curve is part of that. If I can't spend the time to play the game per the rl time investment, I can play on unofficial at my own pace. That is NEVER a legit reason to cheat.
3. I am very bothered by a setting where a clearly defined set of rules is haphazardly applied on a whim, as should we all be, in and out of a game environment. Laws should be enforced in an even-handed manner or not at all- and the not at all bit equally communicated to everyone affected.
4. The only regulation any population can exert upon a regulating body, is to speak out against inconsistencies. Silence is consent.

Wow lad you sound like you would be great at parties or anywhere really..... 

I'm still at a loss with mister dudebro

1. Everyone is a lad like it or not I couldn't care less bout your gender, if that is an issue for you then maybe dont use the internet.

2. I feel you missed my point and everyone else's for that matter. No one is saying cheating is okay or that the people doing it have a legit reason, however a person cheating and progressing faster than you and a NEET progressing faster than you aren't that different and neither of them negatively impact you.

3. Sure having a set of rules and not having them enforced by a god is annoying but the only way to see the rules acted on at all is to report the players with proof. Which funnily enough is not to different to laws irl, same as how punishments are dished out change depending on the GM also not unlike judges irl.

4. This one seems like more "fight the power" "if we want change raise our voices" mentality which is plan wrong. Have an issue with cheaters as above report them, if nothing gets done in the timeframe/manner you wanted well then DEAL WITH IT.

Seriously though with all things that could bother you that cheaters do I still cant see why this is a big one for you.

37 minutes ago, GrumpyBear said:

There's plenty of reasons why using the owl glitch effect other players.   First off, there's usually a certain amount of animals one person can raise at a time.  They have some natural constraints like , time needed to farm food, filling them all before they start to starve.....   If this regulator is removed, I can raise 400+ animals all at once.  400 animals raising all at the same time would definitely suck up more cpu time than 400 fully raised tames in a base,  since these animals are far hungrier than a full grown dino.  When one player can have an outsized influence on game processes on one server, it will definitely effect everyone else on the server.

Someone earlier also mentioned raising stuff to sell, this most certainly would effect market prices on animal dna and colors out in the wild.  It would definitely make a cheater feel that it would be super easy to discount the costs of raising since they pretty much cost nothing to raise.  Thereby making resellers help to kill original breeders desire to work the bloodlines further.  Great example, I have dozens of people asking for higher anky melee.  I'm not releasing any after I saw someone reselling the eggs so cheap that I didn't even feel the price was worth logging into the server to set up the vaults for a trade.  WHy should I sell higher when that's what's going to happen in a relatively short time frame?

Lots of people have better dna than what's public, there's plenty of reasons not to release it into the wild.  The owl glitch is one of them.

To the OP of the thread, Take pictures of their frozen animals and report them all.  If they are out in the open, you could always use an owl and freeze them and free them from the frozen state.  If the cheater happens to be offline when that happens, they'll get a nice surprise when they login.

Ok. I think all cheaters should be banned. I'm on board. Report them. However, them cheating affecting you doing what you are doing just makes no sense on PvE.

To your examples.

If they are glitched, they aren't eating. Means no harvesting which is one of the biggest drainage on server resources. Tribe limit is 500 dinos. So it would still be 400 dinos out whether grown or glitched and eating nothing. 0 difference.

Market shares. This is not a store simulator. I said that before. If you choose to play that way, that is fine. I did it too but I don't think rules should change just for that. In this situation a cheat is a cheat and should be dealt with as a cheat but cheating to lower the community driven market should make no difference. It's just cheating so should be dealt with as such. 

Therefore, their cheating does not reflect on the game in PvE from a competitive standpoint because there is no actual competition. It's self imposed competition. It just shouldn't ruin the game experience because the game is not about them, it's about you and your friends. 

Swaying opinion is futile in a forum. I usually know better so I'll just take my leave after this third reiteration of my point. 

Overall: Report and ban cheaters.  You did what you could. Play the game for you and your friends.

Just because they don’t eat doesnt mean their food doesn’t go down,  or the server isn’t busy keeping the attack ongoing permanently.  The animation, syncing the information with every player.  It all counts towards cpu load.  Even if they don’t need to eat because of the effect.  I hatch 100s of eggs all at once occasionally.  Other players on the server definitely feel it.  You get everyone doing the same thing we can easily get back to tame capped servers as everyone ramps up production.

@VaculityI have reported countless people when this bugged got more and more famous. Nothing ever happened, look on Twitch, streamers stream themselves using the exploit. Wildcard just simply doesn't know how they can fix it and at this point would have to ban way too many people if it got enforced.

The exploit 100% originated from PVP but I have never seen Wildcard do anything against those big popular PVP tribes that make youtube videos unless they would blatantly show themselves using a cheat/hack/dupe and then it would only ban that single person instead of wiping a mega.

Archived