Ice Cave

Muki19

Ice Cave

I play alone on public servers. must still make the ice cave in the north to kill the dragon. i play alone! I have tried to get into the cave with the shotgun and tek rifle, but I can't make it because of the pulovia. the tek rifle can lure you from the ground, but you will still get caught. because wildcard was so stupid and make every animal unusable at the entrance of the cave because you can't take anything with you. is there a dino that fits through the narrow column? how did you wildcard idiots imagine this cave? the whole game has a catastrophic balance, but it becomes unplayable in the ice cave.

• 4 weeks later...

I also use grappling hooks, but there are sections in the cave where you have to go through tunnels and it is the hardest because of the pulovia.

I recently had the tek rifle to lure fie pulovia out of the ground.

I play on public server because you can't build you in the caves.

I have already passed through alpha broodmother and alpha megapithecus.

Now it's the turn of the dragon and the ice cave is the last artefact that I'm still missing.

I have now looted the underwater caves and the loot boxes underwater. I found a pumpgun blueprint with 210 dmg and so far got out 250dmg with craftingskill.

the ice cave would not be so difficult if the pulovia were not there.

I play alone, it is easier in a team. but now i have found many high quality blueprints and can replace my equipment at any time if i should not make it.

is it maybe possible to make the cave solo if you don't kill the animals but lure them into areas where you don't have to go? the animals should stay there and not respawn. unfortunately the cave has very narrow areas, but would it make more sense not to kill the animals but just to lure them away so that you have free access? one would only have to sacrifice oneself in the caves and be able to entice animals away from the actual way.

It’s fairly simple to run the hard ice cave with a strong imprinted yuty. The fear roar makes all the purlovia come out of the ground without stunning you. Our tribe ran it with a couple strong theris in front and me on the yuty fear and boost roaring right behind them. I snuck a transmitter in the entrance past the crouch point and transmitted dinos in to clear and spawn block the first room. But you could use torches to hatch an egg if you don’t have access to transmitters.

I've also read that a swarm of 20 or so dimorphs with 3,000 HP rest melee gets other people through the hard snow cave. The purlovias *apparently* hit the dimorphs instead of you.

Archived