Jump to content

Genesis should be for free


Recommended Posts

Genesis should be for free

Artifacts dont respawn. Dinos sometimes do what they what. They run different directions. They try to attack  creatures who are one mile away.  By this you sometimes lose them.

Creatures spawn in each other or in rocks or trees. Some creatures never respawn after you killed them all on map. and some respawn too much (its no fun when on nearly each tree in redwoods are 2-3 thylacoleos).

it is not possible to play the endgame for years without cheating.

and today i lost my rexarmy in bossfight because of the last update.

why isnt there any ingamewarning ? it should be no big deal to implement this within a few hours.

it is so much time i lost. so much hours of WORK to build the army and equipment for bossfights.

if i lose my army because im stupid then its my problem. but i lost it because you made the mistake.

you want get paid for the hours of work you spend for this software. and i want get paid if i lose hours of work/fun by mistakes of others.

again i have to cheat to get my army back because of ingamebugs ?

  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Most of what you say is part of life in Ark.  If you don't like the game, then walk away.  If you do like it, then you have to find ways to live with the issues.

However, I do agree that short notice for shutdowns is avoidable and the management team need to give more notice.
They could introduce a system where you can't start a boss fight in (for example) a two hour period before a planned shutdown.

Or (if that's too difficult) then don't allow boss fights to start within a fixed time period - and that time period can be used to shut servers down if necessary.
It could even be part of the lore, that the bosses need to sleep at specific times ?
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, Larkfields said:

Most of what you say is part of life in Ark.  If you don't like the game, then walk away.  If you do like it, then you have to find ways to live with the issues.

However, I do agree that short notice for shutdowns is avoidable and the management team need to give more notice.
They could introduce a system where you can't start a boss fight in (for example) a two hour period before a planned shutdown.

Or (if that's too difficult) then don't allow boss fights to start within a fixed time period - and that time period can be used to shut servers down if necessary.
It could even be part of the lore, that the bosses need to sleep at specific times ?
 

I think OP was talking about the rexes not dealing any damage in SP/non-dedicated sessions and not referring to short notices on officials. Either way, I remember proposing a system that would prevent losses when being in an arena at the time of a shutdown/crash:

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Glydyr said:

Everytime you do a boss fight press save, if this happens, reload it. If you were playing official i would understand. 

what?

 

 

i do like the game. thats the reason im raging.

but there are some bugs since release which never got fixed.

but meanwhile they throw 3 addons out. i understand they have to earn money. i bought all addons even if i dont like abberation and extinction (too much scifi for me).

but still they could not fix some really annoying bugs. and now there is another big bug for soloplayers.

i like soloplay. i like a hard difficulty. i play with 1x taming, 1x exp etc.

it takes so much time to build up an army. the taming, the resources and all the caveruns (i do explore by myself. not by youtube guide).

and then you lose the "work" of 3 weeks by one stupid bug.

 

it is annoying you cant play the endgame without cheating (artifacts, creatures and resources dont respawn).

the request for free genesis is ofc not seriously. but wildcard should really think about costumers who paid for something that is still not working correctly.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nostupideventsplz said:

what?

 

 

i do like the game. thats the reason im raging.

but there are some bugs since release which never got fixed.

but meanwhile they throw 3 addons out. i understand they have to earn money. i bought all addons even if i dont like abberation and extinction (too much scifi for me).

but still they could not fix some really annoying bugs. and now there is another big bug for soloplayers.

i like soloplay. i like a hard difficulty. i play with 1x taming, 1x exp etc.

it takes so much time to build up an army. the taming, the resources and all the caveruns (i do explore by myself. not by youtube guide).

and then you lose the "work" of 3 weeks by one stupid bug.

 

it is annoying you cant play the endgame without cheating (artifacts, creatures and resources dont respawn).

the request for free genesis is ofc not seriously. but wildcard should really think about costumers who paid for something that is still not working correctly.

Well like you said, you cheat to get artifacts, so just do a back up before you do anything and if you lose stuff to a bug go back to a previous save. 
 

this game has been playable for years, at this point its just a cash cow, so when things dont get fixed its not really surprising. But if you play on your own server you can fix almost anything with the console. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is honestly the worst suggestion.

 

They are already cash cow, but they are a company. And company need money to continue keeping the server and game running, server that they are terrible at maintaining, but server for non hosting players to play for free with the base game.

 

Asking for genesis to be free because of these bugs are just whining about their costly dlc. If you cant afford, dont buy it (now). Plus, you are on your own server, you can fix this yourself.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The rex army wouldn't be hard to get back if you had several breeding pairs, by what you said on a post above you're planning on taming them again.

Seriously bud, it's way easier to just tame a breeding pair and breed the heck out of them, and if you have the time you can even go for a mutated pair so you can then breed a mutated rex army.

By any means do not take your main breeding pair into the boss fight, they are just for breeding so keep them as safe and out of danger as possible.

This way if something goes wrong you don't have to go on a taming grind again.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm on Xbox play single player. I have to cheat in the skylord artifact it is never in the cave but I still run the cave to warrant that. All the others show up fine for me. 

I tame each set of boss fighters as a breeding pair and build from there. I always raise spares. Megs, rexes, therizino, yuty etc.

I'm not sure saving is an option for console users but before a boss fight I get set up log out and rejoin so technically a save.. if anything goes wrong I dashboard. Log back into previous load without the problems.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Bugs are a part of life with ARK.
Most of us have still sank hundreds, if not thousands of hours into the game regardless.

Ark is not perfect, but its a damn good bit of fun anyway.

 

HOWEVER,
I, like many others, was quite shocked when they announced that the new expansions would'nt be covered by the season pass and you'd need to buy a NEW GENESIS SEASON PASS to get the upcoming content.
Did i think that was'nt fair? Maybe a little.
Did i still buy the genesis season pass?
YES.

Because i know i'm going to get a couple hundred hours of play out of genesis's expansions.
And even though ARK can be a glitchy polished turd, i still enjoy it.

 

I think anyone who buys ARK knows what they're getting into, just by reading steam reviews for the game, or heck, any reviews of the game.
If your that upset by how buggy ark is, theres plenty of other games out there~

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know when genesis is going to release?  I heard January,  but we were also told December.  I never believe these turds.  The game in vanilla is a terrible mess, luckily the nodding community makes the game better than the developers did.  I only really play because friends play.  What kind of game that has been released this long still has awful bugs.  You have to rent a server because their servers are junk and have terrible ping.  When I finally get to play genesis in april of 2020, and then the end map in August of 2022, I'll poop on these idiots again.  Pathetic excuse for developers.  I hope any future games fail and they go bankrupt.    Later fanboys 

  • Facepalm 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

We buy a game really cheap play it for 1000's of hours and then complain because something doesn't work. To top it off the developers for new content is not same people that work on servers, or handle public relations or even do security stuff. Its like you yelling at the guy who is painting the building when the toilet doesn't flush.

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

@OP

I think any Ark player can understand your frustration, we've all been there, we've all experienced the frustration of bugs, and in some cases, chain of bugs, that ruin our day in the game. It's a part of life in Ark as many have said. It doesn't make it right, it doesn't satiate the irritation, but you only really have 2 choices. Choice 1, walk away like others have suggested, find a new title. Choice 2, accept that the game isn't perfect and when bad doo doo happens to ya in Ark, turn it off, go play something else for awhile, and come back when you aren't as angry.  

DLCs, Expansions, whatever you want to call em, fund their development and keep the Devs working and doing what they are required to do for the gaming communities who play the title. Would I have them pumping out new expansions? Ultimately, yes I would, but I'd bring a balance to that between having the team fixing known issues and bringing new content in a little better.  In truth, I think they are doing that this expansion, there's been a ton of work put into QoL, the patch notes (while still flimsy and barely awe inspiring) do show they are working on addressing issues, so give em some time and let em do their thing. 

Free expansions aren't free, they may be to the player, but someone has to pay the studio employees, and unfortunately money doesn't just manifest itself.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Rio4201 said:

@OP

I think any Ark player can understand your frustration, we've all been there, we've all experienced the frustration of bugs, and in some cases, chain of bugs, that ruin our day in the game. It's a part of life in Ark as many have said. It doesn't make it right, it doesn't satiate the irritation, but you only really have 2 choices. Choice 1, walk away like others have suggested, find a new title. Choice 2, accept that the game isn't perfect and when bad doo doo happens to ya in Ark, turn it off, go play something else for awhile, and come back when you aren't as angry.  

DLCs, Expansions, whatever you want to call em, fund their development and keep the Devs working and doing what they are required to do for the gaming communities who play the title. Would I have them pumping out new expansions? Ultimately, yes I would, but I'd bring a balance to that between having the team fixing known issues and bringing new content in a little better.  In truth, I think they are doing that this expansion, there's been a ton of work put into QoL, the patch notes (while still flimsy and barely awe inspiring) do show they are working on addressing issues, so give em some time and let em do their thing. 

Free expansions aren't free, they may be to the player, but someone has to pay the studio employees, and unfortunately money doesn't just manifest itself.

I wish the entire ark community would understand that this is 100% true, Funding doesn't just come our of the devs pocket.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel like i spend a ridiculous amount of time on these forums explaining to people how being an adult works and how functioning in a capitalist society works because they didn't get the adulting lessons they needed from their teachers, professors, and/or parents. but i am not gonna do this this time because a few others already did it.

If 39.99 USD is more than you can afford for another thousands of hours of entertainment, then you should not be spending the immense amount of time this game can sometimes require playing the game.  FYI i am in an economically depressed region and a night out with friends can be upwards of 50 dollars and that's like 4-6 hours of entertainment.

They should fix the bugs not give us free content.  They need money to pay people to do that.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...