Battle Eye Install Loop

srfausto

• 1 month later...

I am having this issue as well.  I open the game, sit through a loading screen and then get prompted to install Battleye.  Installing does nothing.  I have tried uninstalling it, reinstalling it, running from the win64 folder, and everything I can find online.  Did a file integrity search, pretty much everything short of a full game reinstall.

Has anyone heard of a for sure fix for this?  The weirdest thing is I can load Ark Survival of the Fittest just fine and it launches Battleye successfully.  It is only Ark Survival Evolved that I get this issue with.  Would love to play Genesis... but if this isn't fixed I will be asking for my money back/

So i had same issue was not able to play for weeks. 

Solution I found. Turns out :

1 - uninstall battleeye 

2- Un install steam entirely ( yes) 

3- re-install steam but make sure to re-install in same drive as the games you will be downloading again afterwards. If its on ur 1tb hard drive for games, install steam there. 

Fixed my issues with this entirely. 

• 2 weeks later...

This worked for me.  I have an older laptop that I use to run a second Steam account so I can run solo quetz metal runs.  I was having this problem with the laptop, but not the desktop.  I noticed the version of the BattleEye file on the desktop was newer.  The version on the laptop was from August of 2019, and the desktop was February of 2020.  I went to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\ARK\ShooterGame\Binaries\Win64\BattlEye (or in my case the D: drive where I have Ark installed) and noticed that the date of the files were not updating after I went through the loop and was told BattleEye successfully installed.  I then deleted the entire BattleEye folder.  I then verified the integrity of Ark.  I was able to log onto the unofficial server where I was playing with my other toon on my desktop no problem.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I empathize my friends! This drove me crazy. Thanks to all who shared in this and similar threads for this issue. I tried a slew of suggestions, but they did not help sadly.

My issue was around joining Unofficial servers, not Official ones. Every time I tried to join any unofficial server, the Battleye installer popped up, and no matter if I re-installed (did that 6 times), or cancelled out, it would crash Ark, and I'd be back at the Steam menu.

Here is my fix (special thanks to my brother who is da man)...

- Authenticate to Steam 

- Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\ARK\ShooterGame\Binaries\Win64

- Right-click and Run as Admin the file "ShooterGame_BE.exe"

- Ark launched, and when I chose an Unofficial server, it loaded without issue.

Hope this helps!

• 1 month later...

Same problem - run ark, asked to install Battleye again, successfully installs but doesn't start Ark.

- Checked I'm on the latest drivers - Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti  = Version 26.21.14.4614 released 15/5/2020

-Deleated Battleye, verified files - which reinstalled the files

-Tried the manual install of both

-Running it as admin

- Run a full anti virus/malware scan

- uninstalled Gen, Ext, Aber and SE DLC packs

Any other ideas?  Start rolling back the Display drivers to earlier versions?

Help!

• 3 months later...

Archived