Logged out in bed, now I can't interact with anything

Swordguy

Yesterday I logged out with character in bed, and today I logged in outside of my base under the spot where the bed is, and I cannot interact with anything. I tried jumping off high cliffs etc, no effect, dinos and other players don't see me or react to my punching them. 

Is this a common occurrence? 

I get that I can probably just keep my toon logged in for a while and eventually starve (like after hours and hours), but the other thing that concerns me is that I could use it to cheat in pvp and be able to relay to allies where the enemy is, and whether a base is being guarded. Seems kind of sploity if you ask me, but after a brief search, this bug is apparently a fixture in ARK going back years, and after 5000+ hours playing ARK this is the first time I've come across it. 

Anyone else experience this? Any solution other than waiting for days for support?

I've tried running the game on two separate machines, restarting game, but every time I log in I'm back in the same spot like nothing happened. 

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, Swordguy said:

Yesterday I logged out with character in bed, and today I logged in outside of my base under the spot where the bed is, and I cannot interact with anything. I tried jumping off high cliffs etc, no effect, dinos and other players don't see me or react to my punching them. 

Is this a common occurrence? 

I get that I can probably just keep my toon logged in for a while and eventually starve (like after hours and hours), but the other thing that concerns me is that I could use it to cheat in pvp and be able to relay to allies where the enemy is, and whether a base is being guarded. Seems kind of sploity if you ask me, but after a brief search, this bug is apparently a fixture in ARK going back years, and after 5000+ hours playing ARK this is the first time I've come across it. 

Anyone else experience this? Any solution other than waiting for days for support?

I've tried running the game on two separate machines, restarting game, but every time I log in I'm back in the same spot like nothing happened. 

Your client is de-synced and the server still think you are on the bed. Fast travel from the bed you were to another bed.

1 minute ago, invincibleqc said:

Your client is de-synced and the server still think you are on the bed. Fast travel from the bed you were to another bed.

I can't interact with anything, or get into my base to do that. Any suggestion as to how to interact with the bed?

Nevermind, I finally logged back in sleeping in bed. Guess I just had to log out for a while. Thanks for quick response, much appreciated.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, Swordguy said:

I can't interact with anything, or get into my base to do that. Any suggestion as to how to interact with the bed?

You can't interact with anything because you are too far. You will be able to interact with stuff that are close to the bed the server think you are.

• Volunteer Moderator
54 minutes ago, Cowgirl said:

So if he had swam out into the ocean and drowned would it have reset or was that not possible as well?

Nothing would have happened, since the server thinks he is still peacefully sleeping in his bed. Some players are even trying to force their client to de-sync so they can freely scout their enemy's base without being targeted by their defences.

49 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

Nothing would have happened, since the server thinks he is still peacefully sleeping in his bed. Some players are even trying to force their client to de-sync so they can freely scout their enemy's base without being targeted by their defences.

Weird, I thought I was being de-synched years ago but it was while online and things were still eating me. My wyvern almost died to a stupid level 20 rex. The only way I saved him was from forcing the game to shut down so I could dismount and he could defend himself. I could not attack or fly!

Happened to me as well. Actually, it happens almost every time I join the server.

I can recognize this state - I'm standing on the bed instead of laying. Fast-travel to another bed solves the problem.

But sometimes (very rarely tho) it happens after few hours of playing. It looks like my character left his body (I receive fall damage while riding a dino for example). Then I know that I fell of my body and have to quickly re-log. Quite dangerous if happens mid-battle...

10 hours ago, EuphoricMarrow0 said:

Often happens to me, I just log out and back in to see if I am back in bed.

Qft.

Fast travelling if desync is risky if you are carrying vital/valuable stuff, because chances are, the bag will not be at the bed when you return back

Thats how i lost 50 element and full tek set.

12 hours ago, H3adSt0mp3r said:

Here is a hint for you, Do NOT log out while laying in your bed.

This problem has been around since the beginning of ark days, it's no secret.

Personally I would not recommend that cause if you don't logout on the bed you have a chance for another bug that randomly makes you fall through the floor and kill you for no reason. Having to teleport from time to time on login (or destroying the bed - that also helps) is the lesser evil usually. If you are worried of your stuff just put it in a box next to the bed before logging out :)

On 12/17/2019 at 2:25 PM, H3adSt0mp3r said:

Here is a hint for you, Do NOT log out while laying in your bed.

This problem has been around since the beginning of ark days, it's no secret.

I've been playing since early access, although only recently did I decide to log out in a bed and it happened on the first try, and i have never seen it discussed ingame. I don't play ark forums, just the game, so maybe it's common knowledge here.

Archived