vnla

Update broke canvas

6 hours ago, caleb68 said:

hahaha! wildcard, test? anything? hahaha that's rich. good luck getting them to test anything.

To be fair, this is something unexpected, and it's not like they would first think "let's make sure the painting canvas works" when testing the patch.

The rex problem on the other hand...

On 12/14/2019 at 12:54 AM, invincibleqc said:

The Canvas works fine for me;

1BF7817EEFFC70D10F1C1D7417E3A1E6F955F433

Perhaps they no longer render properly on potatlow graphics?

Respect us potato quality players :(

ydAmUfJ.jpg

Edit: I think I know what caused this. 

Edited by Joebl0w13
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, LEDminer said:

To be fair, this is something unexpected, and it's not like they would first think "let's make sure the painting canvas works" when testing the patch.

The rex problem on the other hand...

Exactly! If they made zero changes to canvas, then there would be no reason to test canvas. No-one can expect a company to test every single little tiny thing in the game with every single patch.

Now IF they had made changes to the canvas then i'd understand they should test it.

As for the Rex's, yes this should have been tested prior.

58 minutes ago, Oli4 said:

Respect us potato quality players :(

Ok! :(

Spoiler

98DF9020FE81FD6148BAB734482619579EE89597

3 minutes ago, Gelantious said:

Well, have this problem with canvases being backwards as well.

Are you guys on PC? If so, running any mods? I personally tested on Steam without mods so that issue might be console-specific or caused by a mod.

2 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

Ok! :(

Reveal hidden contents

98DF9020FE81FD6148BAB734482619579EE89597

Are you guys on PC? If so, running any mods? I personally tested on Steam without mods so that issue might be console-specific or caused by a mod.

PC, running my own dedicated server. And yeah have mods.

Only the original canvas is bugged, the ones from Eco RP mod works fine and those are the ones we mostly use.
I only tried the original one because of this thread so not really bothered but still something the devs should look at.

1 hour ago, GP said:

As for the Rex's, yes this should have been tested prior.

Tbh wildcard should bring back tester players, I'd happily volunteer to test updates before they are released. I'd rather have stuff break in a test environment than losing stuff on official servers.

24 minutes ago, Oli4 said:

Tbh wildcard should bring back tester players, I'd happily volunteer to test updates before they are released. I'd rather have stuff break in a test environment than losing stuff on official servers.

Wouldn't make a big difference. You think you'd have tested the canvas on a vault in a patch that has no change to the canvas or the vault?

Also would you test with every mod? Would you test everything on SP and servers? For example the Rex issues is specific to single player and non-dedi only. You would test everything on all modes and platforms?

Having players test opens the doors again to leaks.

Just now, GP said:

Wouldn't make a big difference. You think you'd have tested the canvas on a vault in a patch that has no change to the canvas or the vault?

Also would you test with every mod? Would you test everything on SP and servers? For example the Rex issues is specific to single player and non-dedi only. You would test everything on all modes and platforms?

Having players test opens the doors again to leaks.

I mean the rex issue, not the canvas. And stuff like disapearing tek vacuum compartments(when they changed stack size from 100 to 5 people have lost a ton of them on official PVE)

Edited by Oli4

1 hour ago, Oli4 said:

I mean the rex issue, not the canvas. And stuff like disapearing tek vacuum compartments(when they changed stack size from 100 to 5 people have lost a ton of them on official PVE)

So regarding this patch you would have tested it on single player, dedicated, and non-dedicated right? Everything you would have needed to test in that recent patch you would have tested across all 3?

2 minutes ago, GP said:

So regarding this patch you would have tested it on single player, dedicated, and non-dedicated right? Everything you would have needed to test in that recent patch you would have tested across all 3?

For the things that changed? Yes, shouldnt take long at all. We are not talking rare edgecases here, but the main parts of the update that broke the in the most basic way.

Edited by Oli4

1 hour ago, Oli4 said:

The best model in my opinion, was what they did with the Homestead update; public beta branch. A lot of bugs were flagged by players during that process and were fixed before release.

36 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

The best model in my opinion, was what they did with the Homestead update; public beta branch. A lot of bugs were flagged by players during that process and were fixed before release.

That might work for larger updates, but smaller updates it can be a pain for people to switch between the 2 branches in steam.