tbfrnritunbv6

Boss Battle Unplayable - Rexes Don't Deal Any Damage!!

Boss Battle is Unplayable - Megapithecus Doesn't Take Damage!!!

Just did Alpha Megapithecus. Aside from the other apes getting way too much knockback and even knocking back Rexes, the Megapithecus doesn't take any damage from my dinos. It's as if he's not even there, the rexes attack all the smaller monkeys, but don't target the main boss at all and when I use the 'Attack this Target' command, I can see the attacking animation, but the boss isn't getting any damage at all.

The dino I'm riding can damage him and I can damage him with weapons, but it's completely broken obviously if dinos don't deal any damage. Tried the same thing with Beta and Gamma and he doesn't take damage there either. What's up with this?

Edited by tbfrnritunbv6
  • Facepalm 1

Rex can't hurt carnivores now, when to fix it

As you can see, Tyrannosaurus can't hurt carnivorous creatures since the last game update. Until now, this problem has not been fixed, which greatly affects the game experience

• Facepalm 1

Okay, so indeed this isn't a problem with the Megapithecus per se, but with all my rexes. Well, that kind of makes the game unplayable right now, since I planned to do a bunch of boss fights with my rex army. Hurray!

I hope a fix is coming soon? Would be a shame if people didn't know about this stuff and actually lost their armies because of something silly as this. Lucky I'm a SP player and could revert to a save not too long ago..

Well, the 15% increase was supposed to be to herbivores only. I can't check whether that change is in effect, because I have no idea how to check it. There should have been no change in damage to carnivores, but somehow that has happened. Very weird indeed.

What I don't understand is that they claim to have a fix ready two days ago, yet don't implement it.

31 minutes ago, Oli4 said:

Love how 15% increased damage bonus results in -100% dmg somehow

My guess would be that since SP/non-dedicated sessions have special multipliers already, adding a new one into the mix resulted into 0.0 multiplier being applied for non-herbivore creatures as a default.

2 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

My guess would be that since SP/non-dedicated sessions have special multipliers already, adding a new one into the mix resulted into 0.0 multiplier being applied for non-herbivore creatures as a default.

direct result of quality testing im sure.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, tbfrnritunbv6 said:

I hope a fix is coming soon? Would be a shame if people didn't know about this stuff and actually lost their armies because of something silly as this. 

Too late... 🤣

Didn't see this thread and took my half rex half megatherium squad over to do my weekly beta broodmother battle and I was wondering why it was taking so long to kill her. Luckily we killed it and all the megas made it back but RIP rexes... 

On a positive note I think I'll change to a full megatherium squad for future battles. They are beasts...

T-REX

Since last fantastic update T-rexes are broken in SP, they cant attack carnivores, there is a no way to make boss fights anymore. I wonder if WC would ever fix it. Cant say anything but its shame and very very disapointing how much brooken is this game

• Like 1

On 12/14/2019 at 11:54 AM, tbfrnritunbv6 said:

What I don't understand is that they claim to have a fix ready two days ago, yet don't implement it.

I find this baffling, honestly. There's probably lots of people out there who have no idea that this is a current bug, who might lose stuff due to this and even though the devs have something ready, they don't patch it out right away? Why would you do that?

So, I just didn't play any Ark over the weekend, because what I had planned to do (beat bosses with my rexes) is impossible right now.

Sooo... after a lot of planning, breeding and crafting I finally decided I was ready for my first ever Broodmother fight this morning. Minus 15 saddled Rexes. Perfect timing🤣 Good to know what happened though - those weren't my best Rexes, but the fact they didn't take out even a single araneo scared the crap out of me😅