Character completely deleted

Character completely deleted

I hope I'm in the right forum. So the other day I went to transfer off rag, as soon as joining session appeared the game dashboarded me and forced me to update ark. We all know how the update went, but even after "issues have been resolved", I still have no character. I have checked on every map on the cluster, and get the character create screen on each map. Nothing in the download character section. The admin cant roll back servers because it wouldn't be fair to any players that have done anything since the other day, which I understand. But I just lost all my imprints on dinos, all my boss engrams, all my levels. This is the second time this has happened to me, the other time it was before extinction dropped.

Has anyone had this issue and been able to recover without a map rollback? Any ideas would be appreciated.

Also, I'm not a tech guy, but there's gotta be a better way to push out updates. Can't transfers be suspended or something leading up to the update? Can a blanket message not be sent out to all servers letting them know an update is incoming? Or even just a message to admins so they can hopefully prepare their playerbase? There's gotta be a better way than just forcing the update when people transfer. Not trying to be antagonistic, but it really sucks losing everything not because you were raided, but because of an update. Supposed to make the game better, not worse.

Archived