Tek dinos

Pubbyxd

2 minutes ago, Pubbyxd said:

Tek dinos

A few random questions about tek dinos:

Where is the best place to find tek dinos? (Tek rexes and quetzals)

Is breeding tek dinos the same as normal dino breeding?

Do any of the tek dinos need special saddles?

Is it even worth looking for over levels over 150?

TEK dinos spawn at a rate of 5% of normal spawns, and are found anywhere their non-TEK counterparts are found.  So anywhere you'd expect to see a Parasaur, Raptor, Rex, Quetz, etc...  You have a 5% chance of seeing a TEK variant.

TEK only breeds with other TEK, as you probably gathered, but on identical timers to the non-TEK counterparts so no worries there.  Just look up non-TEK breed-timers and you are good.

No special saddles needed!

Levels over 150 have a better chance of giving you a great pre-mutation boost to a breeding line of TEK dinos, so yes they are worth looking for.  Speaking in averages for a second...

A normal 150 (doesn't matter what dino) has 7 stats it can invest points into.  A 150 earns 74 bonus levels on a kibble tame in most situations.  74 divided by 7 is ~10, meaning the AVERAGE distribution of levels is usually (for a single stat) 9 to 11 points, roughly.  A 180 earns 89 bonus levels, and 89 divided by 7 is almost 13, meaning the average distribution there is 12 to 14 levels of the taming bonus per stat.  This is just an estimate though.  The other thing is the potential a 180 has for a very high pre-tame stat over a 150.  30 more levels is a lot more to distribute pre-tame, and a 180 can regularly have much higher pre-tame stats than a 150.  Finding a near-50 pre-tame 180 TEK dino isn't that insane, meaning your rare cases of looking for 150s and getting 40-45 points post-tame in a stat are now looking for 174-180s and getting almost 60 pts in a stat post-tame.

In my opinion, yes.  They are worth it.

44 minutes ago, TheDonn said:

TEK dinos spawn at a rate of 5% of normal spawns, and are found anywhere their non-TEK counterparts are found.  So anywhere you'd expect to see a Parasaur, Raptor, Rex, Quetz, etc...  You have a 5% chance of seeing a TEK variant.

TEK only breeds with other TEK, as you probably gathered, but on identical timers to the non-TEK counterparts so no worries there.  Just look up non-TEK breed-timers and you are good.

No special saddles needed!

Levels over 150 have a better chance of giving you a great pre-mutation boost to a breeding line of TEK dinos, so yes they are worth looking for.  Speaking in averages for a second...

A normal 150 (doesn't matter what dino) has 7 stats it can invest points into.  A 150 earns 74 bonus levels on a kibble tame in most situations.  74 divided by 7 is ~10, meaning the AVERAGE distribution of levels is usually (for a single stat) 9 to 11 points, roughly.  A 180 earns 89 bonus levels, and 89 divided by 7 is almost 13, meaning the average distribution there is 12 to 14 levels of the taming bonus per stat.  This is just an estimate though.  The other thing is the potential a 180 has for a very high pre-tame stat over a 150.  30 more levels is a lot more to distribute pre-tame, and a 180 can regularly have much higher pre-tame stats than a 150.  Finding a near-50 pre-tame 180 TEK dino isn't that insane, meaning your rare cases of looking for 150s and getting 40-45 points post-tame in a stat are now looking for 174-180s and getting almost 60 pts in a stat post-tame.

In my opinion, yes.  They are worth it.

Thanks for all the info! I want to try to find a tek rex or quetzal, but the only 2 tek rexes I've ever seen were destroyed almost instantly. I have seen about 15 quetzals and never seen one tek variant. The reason I was wondering if there was a particular spot to have a higher chance then normal is because I know theres a spot on the center that have higher chances for a tek rex then normal.

8 hours ago, Pubbyxd said:

Thanks for all the info! I want to try to find a tek rex or quetzal, but the only 2 tek rexes I've ever seen were destroyed almost instantly. I have seen about 15 quetzals and never seen one tek variant. The reason I was wondering if there was a particular spot to have a higher chance then normal is because I know theres a spot on the center that have higher chances for a tek rex then normal.

I think that spot on the Center is just an extremely concentrated Rex spawn area.  So by virtue of many more active Rex spawners, TEK variants are seen there more often.  The Quetzal spots on Ragnarok I've seen are 3 places:  Heading south from Highlands to the Redwoods (near SnowCherub Lake), also the Volcano area stretching down to the Burning Mists, and the Mithrim's Fall area over the Beaver Spawns.  They pop up other places too while migrating, but if I'm trying to kill lowbies to cycle the spawners, I go to those places first.

Just gotta get lucky a few times, and boom:  You got baby TEK flappers.

Archived