Why do you still play?

Lycan187u

So I'm not rusty when Genesis comes out. I've been let down by this game countless times, but it's still one of my favorites. 

A little bit of nostalgia too. I dearly miss being a clueless beachbob getting killed by everything, the world so was threatening and exciting. Things like my first mount, Rex, hatched baby, big base, etc. are far behind me, yet I still miss them. 

I play games for stress relief from real life.  I get anxiety attacks, helps to redirect my thoughts off my problems until I can calm down and focus.  Not worried about the problems that come up in game.  Every game has glitches especially ones with larger dynamics to upkeep.  Ark is always growing.  I've played dead mmos before.  This one is definitely alive.  I like what ark offers in pet system, housing, wyvern riding (got bored of Skyrim even with mods).  Played Dragons Dogma Dark Arisen for a long time but cried that every single player I like did not allow us to swim.  Played GW2 just to do swimming and no one would join me.  I like survival games not themepark.  Ark is not boring.

6 hours ago, Qwertymine said:

So I'm not rusty when Genesis comes out. I've been let down by this game countless times, but it's still one of my favorites. 

A little bit of nostalgia too. I dearly miss being a clueless beachbob getting killed by everything, the world so was threatening and exciting. Things like my first mount, Rex, hatched baby, big base, etc. are far behind me, yet I still miss them. 

This - all this... Best response ever and all true. 

Archived