Egg Laying Stasis Suggestions?

sphbecker

Egg Laying Stasis Suggestions?

My son and I are doing an ARK play-through, trying to experience all the existing game content before Genesis comes out. I setup a dedicated server so that we don't have to worry about tether distance and some of the other issues with non-dedicated.

I recently setup an egg farm for kibble production and ran into an issue with the way the game handles stasis. If no players are nearby, the section of the map is put into status and egg laying stops. That means we basically need to spend hours AFK at the base (checking for eggs every 30 minutes) in order to produce them. Ideally we would be able to pickup eggs as we come and go, but they are never there unless we stay at the base a long time.

Is anyone aware of a good mod to help with this situation? We are trying to keep the game vanilla as possible, but I am willing to consider a mod if it isn't too game changing/cheaty.

I have already looked for mods that would set a section of the map to never enter stasis (that would be ideal) but haven't found anything.

Either use a mod like egg and poop collector or the Structures plus egg collector, so atleast it will collect any eggs that you miss. Or you can edit the INI files to increase egg laying rate, if you google ‘ark server config’ youll find all the settings with descriptions of how to use them. 

Also try and build your egg farm near the main part of of your base that you use the most for obvious reason. 

Thanks but S+ is too game changing for my taste. I am not sure it would even fix the issue of eggs not being laid. I have the farm at my base, but unless I am working on a project there, I don't actually spend much time there. I will probably just tweak the egg laying rate like you suggested. Doesn't exactly fix the problem, but makes the farming less annoying.

This is what I ended up setting for now. I get eggs twice as fast and they stay on the ground 4 times longer. I still have to go AFK, but it doesn't feel nearly as much of a chore. I can come back hours later and find a good amount of eggs.

LayEggIntervalMultiplier=0.5
GlobalItemDecompositionTimeMultiplier=4.0

18 hours ago, sphbecker said:

This is what I ended up setting for now. I get eggs twice as fast and they stay on the ground 4 times longer. I still have to go AFK, but it doesn't feel nearly as much of a chore. I can come back hours later and find a good amount of eggs.

LayEggIntervalMultiplier=0.5
GlobalItemDecompositionTimeMultiplier=4.0

Glad you sorted it out. Theres always a way :) 

Archived