Winter wonderland 4

Pubbyxd

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, JustAnotherBeachNoob said:

I am excited bu do you know what these Chibi creatures are?

https://ark.gamepedia.com/Chibi-Creatures

ARK chibi pets are cute miniaturized versions of the creatures you have become familiar with in your travels across the ARK universe.  Chibi's pets pets can be leveled up by killing specific alpha creatures and in return, you'll be granted additional player levels .  Some chibi pets may be harder to find so you'll have to visit GachaClaus and RaptorClaus to find all the chibi pets!  Can you collect them all?
Chibis:    Over 50 chibi pets from various DLC - including Genesis    Randomized coloring    Can be 'leveled' to increase character player level

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, caleb68 said:

and i supose steam can't say it wasn't released till 2017 as well? lol...

Well yes it can say it was released in 2017 because that was official release out of EA. Not sure what point you are trying to make. Everyone knows there are two release years for ARK on Steam, 2015 and 2017.

2014 was at no point involved in ARK.

23 minutes ago, GP said:

Well yes it can say it was released in 2017 because that was official release out of EA. Not sure what point you are trying to make. Everyone knows there are two release years for ARK on Steam, 2015 and 2017.

2014 was at no point involved in ARK.

Maybe he is getting confused when Wildcard began developing Ark, which was 2014.

• Volunteer Moderator
5 minutes ago, LEDminer said:

If I am not wrong, only one pet is needed for you to level yourself up. Getting multiple is just like getting all the skins, they're just cosmetic.

That's assuming people will only be interested in getting the extra 5 levels. I suspect the reality will be people will want to get as many variations of the Chibis as they can before the event is over and they miss out.

9 minutes ago, LEDminer said:

Is the update out yet? I haven't seen anything being downloaded on Steam.

Also, the Community Crunch mentioned the skins being found in Raptor Claus drops, so they might not even be made in the pot.

And the Community crunch just says Added, doesn't say it is in the Raptor Clause at all.

Just now, LEDminer said:

From the Crunch:

Raptor Claus:
        Will spawn at midnight and drop gifts across the island.
        Gifts some special items like holiday structures, some skins, color candies, and chibis.

This is the first time we get the skins for Christmas, so they might be found instead of made.

Also, as @GP said, the update isn't out yet, so your server is running last years event.

Yes, but that is not definitive as it has always dropped some skins. The rest has always been made in the cooking pot.

5 hours ago, Zen00 said:

I'm very concerned about these chibis :/

I feel there's going to be more competition for Raptor Clause presents than ever before as everyone is going to want coal to get their miniatures, and it's going to end up badly for everyone like usual.

haha salt incoming!! im going too low pop servers lol less salt hehe more gifts :D good luck everyone on their chibis collections!!

• Volunteer Moderator
19 minutes ago, CyberAngel67 said:

Typical WildCard drop an update and never update the patch notes!!

The patch notes are up-to-date, there just seems to be a mismatch in the versioning; that's all. version.txt says 303.1, while the process says 303.5. Either way, an event requires a client update so once the event drops it will be at least v304+.

3 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

The patch notes are up-to-date, there just seems to be a mismatch in the versioning; that's all. version.txt says 303.1, while the process says 303.5. Either way, an event requires a client update so once the event drops it will be at least v304+.

If it requires a client update, then how come I was still running the Halloween event?

• Volunteer Moderator
4 minutes ago, CyberAngel67 said:

If it requires a client update, then how come I was still running the Halloween event?

Because they implemented an event system, which makes the event permanently added to the base game allowing players to switch to them whenever they wants. Past events were branches that they were switching back and forth meaning unofficial had no control over when they were starting or ending and a lot didn't want these events so now they are not obligated to participate, etc.

1 minute ago, invincibleqc said:

Because they implemented an event system, which makes the event permanently added to the base game allowing players to switch to them whenever they wants. Past events were branches that they were switching back and forth meaning unofficial had no control over when they were starting or ending and a lot didn't want these events so now they are not obligated to participate, etc.

So you don't need a client update to run an event.

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, CyberAngel67 said:

So you don't need a client update to run an event.

For already released ones you don't. For new ones you do. Your client will needs the new assets, etc. in order to render them. Minor version = server-side only. Major version = client side incompatible with previous version. New assets, creatures, etc, etc. is a major version.

Archived