PS4 Host Connection Timeout

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Damn man...  I'm about done.  I love this game.  I have put so much time into it.  But every update seems to break something and this is a high maintenance game.  As a Win10 user here I am yet again,

All very good questions but the main one is why no one from wild card will answer any of your questions............ ever

Try reading the times!  No "Official word in 16 hours of the servers being down. Suck up all you want mate but you know the truth

Posted Images

Damn man...  I'm about done.  I love this game.  I have put so much time into it.  But every update seems to break something and this is a high maintenance game.  As a Win10 user here I am yet again, unable to connect to my server and play after days of outage a day or two ago.  I am literally wishing they would just stop updating the game so that I can at least play it.  Why are updates not tested in a test environment to ensure they work as expected?  Why can't updates be scheduled to deploy at the same time?  Why do we have constant little fix updates instead of periodic "substance" updates?  Why is it even legal to entice people to buy expansion packs with awesome dinos just to nerf the crap out of them until they are almost useless as an addition?  And why is there so little communication or support for the community?

• Thanks 2

Haven't been able to connect to any servers since Windows Store pushed an update this morning (~7-8 hours ago). I've tried reinstalling, checking video drivers, etc, but I still get the connection lost/timed out message. Trying to connect to an NA official crossplay server on a Windows 10 computer, and the game says version 793.2.

My xbox can connect to the server, just not my pc

Edited by makeshift

It's because every time wildcard adds something or does a update it messes everything up. If u look at ur ping when u press start its pegged at 255. Well at least it is for me on xbone. I can't get on after this update either. Well i can but i am having the same issue as u. They had a update last week that did the same thing. Last week's work around was have a friend or someone u know drag ur body to the water to drown u, then have ur friend aggro a wild dino to eat ur body. Then once ur body isnt on the map anymore try to join again. U will get a prompt having u spawn in bed or a random location. Pick a random location and then it should work. Problem I have is I dont have the gamer tags off the ppl on my server so they can't do that for me. If it's anything like last week's update u won't hear anything from WC and it may take a few days for them to fix it. They suck as a company but the game concept is great. Some people don't have the issue we are having but most are.

6 minutes ago, Jessieb said:

It's because every time wildcard adds something or does a update it messes everything up. If u look at ur ping when u press start its pegged at 255. Well at least it is for me on xbone. I can't get on after this update either. Well i can but i am having the same issue as u. They had a update last week that did the same thing. Last week's work around was have a friend or someone u know drag ur body to the water to drown u, then have ur friend aggro a wild dino to eat ur body. Then once ur body isnt on the map anymore try to join again. U will get a prompt having u spawn in bed or a random location. Pick a random location and then it should work. Problem I have is I dont have the gamer tags off the ppl on my server so they can't do that for me. If it's anything like last week's update u won't hear anything from WC and it may take a few days for them to fix it. They suck as a company but the game concept is great. Some people don't have the issue we are having but most are.

Ty for answer. I play solo that is the problem. No body can help me to die I will have to wait for them to fix that ? 

IMG_20191211_220905_compress66.jpg

IMG_20191211_220849_compress67.jpg

So I just tried a work around that worked during turkey trials.....  first go to a server you have never been to before (make sure it's a pve server) second create a new character then run to an ob doesn't matter what color then transfer to your server after it loads up it will ask if you want to overwrite your main character DO NOT OVERWRITE press the cancel button and it should load you up asleep in your bed base intact! I hope this helps....

2 minutes ago, maniac88 said:

So I just tried a work around that worked during turkey trials.....  first go to a server you have never been to before (make sure it's a pve server) second create a new character then run to an ob doesn't matter what color then transfer to your server after it loads up it will ask if you want to overwrite your main character DO NOT OVERWRITE press the cancel button and it should load you up asleep in your bed base intact! I hope this helps....

Understood I will try this ty

Maniac88 I tried that last week during Turkey trial and that didn't work for me xbone. So I tried to do what u stated in ur post but now it won't even load. It keeps telling me server lock. Man WC sux. Wish they would give us the option to update something or not. So that way we can wait patiently while others download it have this problem then wc fixes it. Now i can't join at all.

Ps4 unable too connect too official having issues on some unofficial

I’ve been playing ark for a while On ps4 had too play on unofficial pc too even play it. Was unable too experience official because it wouldn’t let me join them host error time out mess and it’s been doing it since I’ve returned again on unofficial on some too I’m thankful for this site I hope someone can help me get this figured this out would be awesome too enjoy the full experience of this game or at least the opportunity too and to be able to join some boosted servers that I was interested in. Thank you for any help I’ve tried looking up stuff all attempts failed so here I am...

v542.2 Networking Bug preventing login

Whatever caused v541.71 to be implemented has returned with v542.2.

Game appears to be loading but ends with the message:

Host Connection Timeout

Alternate ending involves you viewing your base as if you are in a post apocalypse senerio and nature has reclaimed a portion of your base. Just as you try to save your tames...

Host Connection Timeout

On one server a tribemate was able to find my body and bash my head with a pike allowing me to choose a bed to spawn in but on another server all tribemates are in the same doomed structure and we are unable to put each other out of our misery.

Please send reinforcements!

v542.3 perhaps?

Thanks,

Merrica

• Joebl0w13 changed the title to PS4 Host Connection Timeout