Useing Transmitter Charactor Deleted

BaconBurger

Useing Transmitter Charactor Deleted

I was using my tribes transmitter at Extinction1056 to take some gates to Aberration905,i got to aberration905 map where you highlight where you wanna spawn at right..i highlighted the bed..then error message >transferd character failed and a bunch of numbers..game locked up..i had to relog and no download character in download character page..my lvl102 character is gone..can someone help me or tell me how I get my character back please?

Put in a ticket, that's the only way.    Here's the rundown on this, so bear with me;

Statement: 

THIS SHOULDN'T BE HAPPENING WILDCARD.

Backing it up:

Character files are your bread and butter, screw with them, screw with your income.

That being said, you have to put in a ticket. Keep in mind, you won't get your character back, instead you'll have to create a new character, then schedule a GM visit through a very clunky and highly abnormal scheduling system and multiple emails, and then and only then will they grant you the levels you lost. Assuming you have  a screenshot of your old toon and the level and engrams you have unlocked.    If you haven't any screenshots, don't bother.  Level back up, know that you won't get your stuff back, and start all over.  No proof, no limited compensation.   

P.S - They do not restore all your engrams either, they'll give you a handful of the main ones like the transmitter, replicator, etc.  But they don't do all of em.

7 minutes ago, Rio4201 said:

Put in a ticket, that's the only way.    Here's the rundown on this, so bear with me;

Statement: 

THIS SHOULDN'T BE HAPPENING WILDCARD.

Backing it up:

Character files are your bread and butter, screw with them, screw with your income.

That being said, you have to put in a ticket. Keep in mind, you won't get your character back, instead you'll have to create a new character, then schedule a GM visit through a very clunky and highly abnormal scheduling system and multiple emails, and then and only then will they grant you the levels you lost. Assuming you have  a screenshot of your old toon and the level and engrams you have unlocked.    If you haven't any screenshots, don't bother.  Level back up, know that you won't get your stuff back, and start all over.  No proof, no limited compensation.   

P.S - They do not restore all your engrams either, they'll give you a handful of the main ones like the transmitter, replicator, etc.  But they don't do all of em.

hey Rio

I already put in a ticket to wildcard 2 days ago..still waiting on reply..oh I got no screen shots of my character..so cant they check database for entries by that character?

They immediately ask for proof and if you can't provide it, they won't reimburse ya.   You would think they could look it up, or that they'd have a way to see (which they technically do) but for whatever reason, the people who decide policy on this, the people who came up with such an asinine process and requirement list, they are the real problem and why you will not get your character back.  It almost looks like they did that just so they didn't have to actually work for a living.

As you can imagine, I just went through this crap myself and 3 of my friends previously did as well.  It's completely backwards.

well whats the point of playing this broken game..after all that time I wasted on my lvl102 toon just to have it deleted for no reason at all by a game you payed real money for..looks like wildcard just wants your money and they do nothing about fixing major problems..im still reeling after losing my toon..all the imprinted animals I got with that toon freakin useless now..i will not be buying genesis I`ll give you the flying tip..oh thank you Rio for your help in this matter.

I know we are all venting here, but really....  This bug is brand spankin new.  They just broke this last night. And it's an epic F' up .   I'm afraid to go visit ab, but I'll have to before ORP blanks my stuff....  If they don't fix this asap, this game will fall apart.  We'll lose half the player base in less than a week.

3 minutes ago, GrumpyBear said:

I know we are all venting here, but really....  This bug is brand spankin new.  They just broke this last night. And it's an epic F' up .   I'm afraid to go visit ab, but I'll have to before ORP blanks my stuff....  If they don't fix this asap, this game will fall apart.  We'll lose half the player base in less than a week.

Nope and nope and did I mention nope?

This bug has been around for YEARS it's only recently gotten worse as of 2 big patches ago, the last 2 months have been awful for this particular character deletion bug.  

Just now, Rio4201 said:

Nope and nope and did I mention nope?

This bug has been around for YEARS it's only recently gotten worse as of 2 big patches ago, the last 2 months have been awful for this particular character deletion bug.  

ok, while yes, characters have been deleted for awhile, this is a new one, in that - I also had 2 characters deleted.  In neither case, nor any of the others I've heard of in the past, had an error message like the one you just had.  I've heard multiple poeple getting this new error like the one you got, only as of last night.  Maybe there have been others, but there's something else going on w/ the delay timer in transfering that is very new.

Yeah this login lock crap has really just pissed me off at this point.  Part of the puzzle involves the latency in transfers which causes the download failures and transfer aborted crap, and now they've introduced something that exacerbates an already dangerous issue. They need to pull the servers down and fix this immediately before they lose even more people to this worsening situation.

I'm pretty sure this current state is going to end a huge amount of player trading on PVE.  Not to mention all the people who are now afraid to transfer but have to in order to preserve their tames and bases. 

.....Great, forget which server you park a character.... wait an extra 5min between tries finding it..... great start to this process.  Essentially kills most things I'd do in the morning before work in game.

If this mechanism stands, I'll be setting up backup generators on each server, pod every animal, and take a break.

They don't even restore tek engrams anymore @Cedricmade a statement some time ago when the big rollbacks happened but the policy seems to have changed.

The only thing you will get back is a lvl 105 character without anything IF you have proof you had a former character. It's probably is too hard for them to check the tribelog and pull out what char you had before the game deleted him. /sarcasm

3 minutes ago, Fukushu said:

@GrumpyBearthe good thing is that you sometimes get a duplicate character from transfers, just hold on to them. Those duplicate character are 1000 better than anything a GM could/would restore you.

oh i know.  I'm told there a certain map that is known for that.  Unfortunetly for me, I don't play on that map much at all.. :(  I've dreamed of having my own backup for awhile now.

I'm so glad I didn't prepurchase Genesis.  There's no way in hell I can manage 2+ servers on my own while my tribemates finish up school.  And there's no way in hell I'm gonna buy into the game further If I can't even switch characters w/out waiting an extra 5min on top of waiting 15min for a transfer timer, to then wait for another 15min and another 5min to go back.

and yet... this clearly isn't a big issue worth addressing by Studio Wildcard.  That's alright, if Genesis hadn't been forced on me by a friend who insisted I keep playing,I'd be playing Conan or waiting on an upcoming survival mmorpg title instead.  Ain't getting anymore of my money until they start showing me it's worth my investment.

@GrumpyBear I only switch from abe to ragna or ragna to extinction and back. 

I had it happen multiple times but I only have one backup char at this point and IMO everyone should have one because it would solve a lot of issues for Wildcard and I can't see it doing any damage.

I had 3 at some point because of server transfers but after the whole huge rollback in april and the gigantic issues Wildcard (Chinese Snail Games) had they for some reason deleted all the clones.

I was just lucky because some weeks prior, I had lost my main character and just used another one.

I'm currently not transferring to any server anymore and if I have to trade, I just make level 1 characters on other servers. 

One thing that always makes me laugh is that some people actually believe that they can prevent such things from happening and that they only do ''smart and safe transfers''. My character got deleted at 4 in the morning with no players on both servers. Those idiots really believe that they understand the servers and that it's not based on luck.

How do you foresee the one time your  target server crashes and you also miss the server save, laughable.

6 hours ago, GrumpyBear said:

yeah I hear ya man..but to lose a toon using a transmitter is a big thing in my books..people who build and use transmitters on a regula basis will be thinking twice about using them if they going to lose a toon..i realy hope wildcard fixes this problem quick smart.

3 hours ago, BaconBurger said:

yeah I hear ya man..but to lose a toon using a transmitter is a big thing in my books..people who build and use transmitters on a regula basis will be thinking twice about using them if they going to lose a toon..i realy hope wildcard fixes this problem quick smart.

Never transfer your character if you can avoid it. Just make another on the other server. 

Also did you log back into BOTH servers to see if your character might be there? Sometimes the toon does not actually transfer. Just do NOT create a new character on the server until you have no choice.

4 hours ago, Cinnamongod said:

Never transfer your character if you can avoid it. Just make another on the other server. 

Also did you log back into BOTH servers to see if your character might be there? Sometimes the toon does not actually transfer. Just do NOT create a new character on the server until you have no choice.

mate I did everything..see usely when you dc when you use transmitter..9 times outa 10 you will always find your toon in download character page either in the server you trans to or the server you trans from..when my toon was deleted heading to Ab905..there was a error message saying your character transfer failed and a bunch of numbers see..there was no download character anywhere..charactor is gone..like I never had a lvl102..and the kicker is > I got transmitters in prolyl 3 other servers and I can`t use them now lol.

• 4 months later...

Archived