Heavy Kapro? Please reverse changes!

bigfish502

Heavy Kapro? Please reverse changes!

In xbox patch v793.2 Wildcard changed the drag weights of the kapro, procoptidon, megalosaurus, and gallimimus so that they can no longer be carried by a quetzal or a karkinos. This change makes logistically no sense as creatures as large as mammoths can still be carried by a quetz. It has been suggested that this is an attempt to prevent meshing on PVP servers, and if that is true I would have to agree with others that it is a lazy fix. This change hurts legitimate players on both PVE and PVP, especially PVE players that play on unofficial servers that allow wild dino pick up. Don't let cheaters ruin the game for legitimate players on PVP and PVE Wildcard!

1 minute ago, LEDminer said:

It's sad, but it's the quickest fix they can do for now.

But the question is, can the argy pick up them? I see no mentions of that removed, and I believe the argy can (or could) pick up three of those creatures.

No, it cant... Quite obvious.

The quetz can carry a way bigger drag weight than argi. Why should the argi still can carry them if it has less drag weight than the quetz?

6 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

The drag weight not only affect them not being able to be picked up, but also everything else; bear traps, bolas, etc.

Yeah, have fun with procoptodons... I hate this pvp fix on pve servers, I love my procoptodons and now they raptored with them so hard, have fun moving a bunch of them at once with an elevator

• Volunteer Moderator
6 minutes ago, LEDminer said:

Holy... well that's pretty bad. Guess gallimimus taming is only a dream now.

Yeah, good luck with that. I really hope they revisit that change, as it simply makes no sense in general. Not only that it makes no sense, but unofficial don't even have the tools to revert that ridiculousness from the config without resorting to mods. As I said in another thread; lazy fix. I can get behind the need to fix exploits, but there are much better ways this could have been done such as; simply prevent them being picked up if they carry passengers. Changing 4 variables is the lazy route in my book.

How on earth are people expected to tame Gallimimus and Procoptodons now?  Like, I'm genuinely curious.  The change has basically no effect on taming Megalosaurus, and Kaprosuchus can just be lead into a pen or, if that goes south, easily enough tranqed while they're chewing on you so that's not a huge deal.  But Gallimimus and Procoptodons?  How?

1 hour ago, InfernoRodan said:

How on earth are people expected to tame Gallimimus and Procoptodons now?  Like, I'm genuinely curious.  The change has basically no effect on taming Megalosaurus, and Kaprosuchus can just be lead into a pen or, if that goes south, easily enough tranqed while they're chewing on you so that's not a huge deal.  But Gallimimus and Procoptodons?  How?

Im in no way defending this change effecting PvE for a PvP issue but I would say it is still not that hard to tame a galli or procop with a simple ramp trap and either rare flowers or pheromone darts if the flowers dont effect them for whatever reason like with certain dinos.

Archived