Login Lock

LOGINLOCK

33 minutes ago, Cedric said:

When I said it's not intended, I meant it was intended to cause these large-scale issues.  PC should be better and the team is still working on PS4 and XBOX (though I believe patches are about to drop for those)

Understandable. Thank you for your honesty and for your promptness on the issue. 

• Replies 958
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know if its been raised to the dev team that the linux client is being rolled back to a state of non-functionality with its steam update. Mainline linux Ubuntu 18 upto date. I'v reinstalled three times and tried two pc's I simply dont own a windows. I'm sick as hell and missing work and just wanna play. Any effort checking the steam update for linux would be whole heartedly appriciated by the others aswell who've posted on the Steam forums. Updates, client rolls back to 300.0, small payload only like <500mb and then no server detection. Solo attempts crash.

Wow, I log in and start a metal run on Valguero. I get up to the ceiling on my Wyvern the. The server kicks me. Then I can’t find the server to get back in. Then I find the server and the loading times out. Now it won’t even load. Over 6 hours later and I still can’t get in. WWTF Why? I shouldn’t take this long assholes. The devs a F’ing assholes for this I’m sick of it.

6 hours ago, C0tt0N said:

This new update is great! (Login lock, autodecay)

Started up ark and tried to join my server and got the login lock message. Wait about 15 mins, and log in and a bunch of stuff inside my base is autodecayed lmao.

https://imgur.com/a/FJyqruj

Good stuff

That 15 minutes would not have saved your stuff.

5 hours ago, 573 said:

Every time you do an update I lose babies. Almost had my Giga line wiped through your incompetence. down to one baby -.-'  and almost lost that yesterday.

Is it really their fault? ? 15 min warning before shut down  is plenty of time to cryo 100 babies lol trust me I do it lol as far as updates these are needed....it sucks ik but always be prepared for a server shut down...so basically  it's your fault  hahaha 

15 minutes ago, Lycan187u said:

Is it really their fault? ? 15 min warning before shut down  is plenty of time to cryo 100 babies lol trust me I do it lol as far as updates these are needed....it sucks ik but always be prepared for a server shut down...so basically  it's your fault  hahaha 

fanboy comment? sure sounds like it.

1.  warning message doesn't not show on all servers at same time, sometimes not showing on some servers at all.
  2. do to the time that it takes to cryo 1 dino, in a 15 minute time frame the most dino's that can be cryo'ed are 90, and thats if your quick about it.
  3. servers do not always save at shutdown, giving players anywhere from a 15minute to 30 minute rollback.

just with those 3 things, its not always the players fault. we've been playing and gotten as little as a 5 minute warning for the server shutdown without any previous warning messages.

1 hour ago, LOGINLOCK said:

I believe devs and wc are watching and listening to us. The community has spoken what we want..just keep expressing concerns and push for a removal of login lock ASAP.

Everyone thank you for your support and hopefully through voicing our concerns we can make ark great again in time for genisis

you have more faith in wildcard then most, haven't been around long? I doubt wildcard pays any attention to the forums to be honest. but we can hope.  they are obviously exploring frontiers they have never thought about before, as i stated in a different thread other games that implement a login lock set the lock timeout at the time of login, not the last logout / failed login attempt.  the individual who approves such things is showing they have had no experience working with multiplayer online servers.

They are listening, atleast they fixed the issue getting login lock while transferring from a ob but I'm still getting the same login lock problem durring certain circumstances Wich is still a pain but I'll bet money they'll get rid of it if they want to keep a majority of customers especially when dlc is about to drop.

3 hours ago, caleb68 said:

fanboy comment? sure sounds like it.

1.  warning message doesn't not show on all servers at same time, sometimes not showing on some servers at all.
  2. do to the time that it takes to cryo 1 dino, in a 15 minute time frame the most dino's that can be cryo'ed are 90, and thats if your quick about it.
  3. servers do not always save at shutdown, giving players anywhere from a 15minute to 30 minute rollback.

just with those 3 things, its not always the players fault. we've been playing and gotten as little as a 5 minute warning for the server shutdown without any previous warning messages.

Ofc I'm a fan boy at 12k hours roughly  ark is love ark is life♡▪♡

On 12/13/2019 at 3:13 PM, Lycan187u said:

I remember when it used to be a 30 minute warning...

Most recently, we got the notification so we podded up then when it came back up we threw them out then the server went back down again without a second warning.

The time before that was when the messed up the update and everyone spawned in without moving... Imagine my surprise when WildCard "Messed" up an update... Shocker

The time before that was a small update that lasted several hours and stopped me from being able to refresh my ark tribute timers... (I work office hours there was no option to refresh them sooner)

My point is, their failed updates have cost me both Dinos and items and the only thing I can do is complain on here and Twitter because submitting a ticket is pointless. The most recent ticket we submitted was for a Golem trapped in a cryopod over 2 months ago with no response as of yet.

The least they could do would be pause the servers or actually roll them back to the save point after the update.

"so basically  it's your fault  hahaha" - So no I'm 99% sure it's WildCards fault. 1% my fault for throwing them back out straight after an "UPDATE".

Official PS4 Server Smalltribes : NA-PVP-PS4Official-TheCenter-SmallTribes49 give me the Login Lock message after I start the game and try to join the Server. It also crashes when I try to join on 49 with a new character from a a other Server. 49 Server population is 0/70 I think a lot of people can't join on the Server. I try since 5 hours to join 

Archived