Login Lock

LOGINLOCK

On 2/3/2020 at 11:21 AM, Luewen said:

And everyone here blaming WC when noone knows who or what at the fault here? Only eu server affected points strongly at datacenter issues.

I am not sure any one knows this.... but do official server networks have emergency backup servers available when some of its servers are disabled?

• Replies 958
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And everyone here blaming WC when noone knows who or what at the fault here? Only eu server affected points strongly at datacenter issues.

I am not sure any one knows this.... but do official server networks have emergency backup servers available when some of its servers are disabled?

2 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Negative.

Then I have the following question;

Why is the decision made not to rollback 8 hours? I went thru the official serverlist and none of them where populated with more then 0 players for over 8 hours. Not "certain" servers, but all of them where.

That would have saved hundreds of players and their stuff/prepwork for Valentines.

I'm just curious why someone all of the sudden removed the login locks. Sounds a bit to me that something is more up with the current servers then just an "interim pressing the wrong button".

2 hours ago, captyarrr said:

Then I have the following question;

Why is the decision made not to rollback 8 hours? I went thru the official serverlist and none of them where populated with more then 0 players for over 8 hours. Not "certain" servers, but all of them where.

That would have saved hundreds of players and their stuff/prepwork for Valentines.

I'm just curious why someone all of the sudden removed the login locks. Sounds a bit to me that something is more up with the current servers then just an "interim pressing the wrong button".

Rollbacks delete characters. They gave 2x breeding so people can re-breed, they appologized, they made an effort. Complaining about it after the fact does nothing but make them want to ignore the community.

Less toxic behavious is whats needed. Thank you for fixing the server error. thank you for extending the event and adding breeding. you lost some pixels... make more and get over it.

• Wildcard Community
1 hour ago, Notorious2652 said:

Rollbacks delete characters. They gave 2x breeding so people can re-breed, they appologized, they made an effort. Complaining about it after the fact does nothing but make them want to ignore the community.

Less toxic behavious is whats needed. Thank you for fixing the server error. thank you for extending the event and adding breeding. you lost some pixels... make more and get over it.

Rollback are extremely problematic for some of the reasons mentioned here and a ton of other technical ones.  Rollbacks are a last case scenario and usually happen when it affects the majority of the playerbase or something happens that is so game-breaking we have to.  Based on our numbers, this didnt qualify as a rollback scenario.

The outage is unfortunate and something we go through extreme lengths to try and prevent.

On 2/4/2020 at 5:12 PM, Rugburn said:

For your sake I really do hope your are just pulling the line for WC as an unofficial employee.  Otherwise I would have to question your intent and intellect.

People like you are why WC is not held accountable, and here is why.

WC is a for profit company , they know how to fix the duplication problem, it's really quite simple.  However as a private for profit company the expence would only be justifiable if all measures to try to address the issue without expence are explored and/or foreseeable revenue loss, for example decrease in player base.  To often this community just de-esculates by well its just the way it is, you have been Arked.  

WC needs to hear from us and be accountable to us and not just their board.  They have nothing without a happy player base.

I welcome any meaningful comments you have LEDminer, but for some reason doubt that is likely.  Would go against your mandate.

There is an old saying that applies here after reading some of the continued posts.

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink.  

WC you are very lucky  so many of this generation has forgotten how to drink, despite their proclaiming of logic and intellect .  It would almost be comical if it was not so painful.

Baa, aa.  I mean I'm out.

although we have changed or topic of conversation, some interesting things,
I am an ordinary player based on the affected servers, but from previous experiences my loss does not make up for the time it takes to open a ticket

how long to revert or return the server to a previous point, I don't particularly believe it is more advantageous

In my case I removed several items among them dinos that would go in an arena of another dlc, if they return, from the duplication of my character to the total duplication of 35 dinos and mounts and other items.

In addition, administrators delegate good power to GMs, so I believe that individually we can discuss our losses;

if you believe this was the last time, forget it,
this is the price to pay for real time games.

it is not exclusive for ARK to lose connection or suffer attacks from people who do nothing more in their lives than upset the lives of others.

On 2/5/2020 at 9:55 PM, Notorious2652 said:

Rollbacks delete characters. They gave 2x breeding so people can re-breed(Tuso eggs/Giga eggs take 2 day hatching LMAO), they appologized(What's that going to change the fact hundreds of players lost even 10 times more hours and prepwork for upcoming event? People don't attach alot of value to WC and their words/promisses nowadays), they made an effort (By removing login lock from servers wich wherent populated at all for 9 hours). Complaining about it after the fact does nothing but make them want to ignore the community.( We where complaining since the first 30 mins, send in loads of tickets for 8 hours. So you actually believe WC will change when people are being polite instead of "this toxic" behaviour? Not a chance, I'm a day 1 player and NEVER seen a single person giving stuff back EVEN when WC admitted they where wrong) 

Less toxic behavious is whats needed. Thank you for fixing the server error. thank you for extending the event and adding breeding. you lost some pixels (I lost 80 hours of prework)... make more and get over it. (Ye sure, you mind bring me back 40 eggs and about 60 babies? Then I be over it. Or how about the time we tried to log in during Halloweenevent and we got login lock. Lost lots of babies there, but ye I should not be toxic, I should be very thankfull WC made it possible for us log in again. You know why, the 6 weeks prior to that, we couldnt login for another 3 days and also lost about 20 babies. But yes you are right. I'm very thankfull we can log in again without any screwups. Oh, lol, no, it allready started again after yesterdays "patch". Oeh, I'm so happy they need patches to patch the patched patches.)

3 hours ago, captyarrr said:

(Tuso eggs/Giga eggs take 2 day hatching LMAO), (What's that going to change the fact hundreds of players lost even 10 times more hours and prepwork for upcoming event? People don't attach alot of value to WC and their words/promisses nowadays(By removing login lock from servers wich wherent populated at all for 9 hours).( We where complaining since the first 30 mins, send in loads of tickets for 8 hours. So you actually believe WC will change when people are being polite instead of "this toxic" behaviour? Not a chance, I'm a day 1 player and NEVER seen a single person giving stuff back EVEN when WC admitted they where wrong) 

I lost 80 hours of prework) (Ye sure, you mind bring me back 40 eggs and about 60 babies? Then I be over it. Or how about the time we tried to log in during Halloweenevent and we got login lock. Lost lots of babies there, but
ye I should not be toxic, I should be very thankfull WC made it possible for us log in again. You know why, the 6 weeks prior to that, we couldnt login for another 3 days and also lost about 20 babies. But yes you are right. I'm very thankfull we can log in again without any screwups. Oh, lol, no, it allready started again after yesterdays "patch". Oeh, I'm so happy they need patches to patch the patched patches.)

you pay $20-$40 a year and thats if you actually buy the DLCs, if you dont you probably spend $20 5 years ago and havent given them a dime since. unlimited gameplay, be greatful for what you are given accept the losses and move on. As a "Day 1" player you should be used to the hiccups by now. You continue to play the game knowing they happen, they are not new or unexpected and yet here you are complaining time and time again. 

You have never seen your complaining amount to anything and yet you continue to do it

image.thumb.png.a7f265457dd43de1f096dd7c7952d808.png

if you continue to play a game that you know has issues that is on you. The fact that you can just rebreed your tuso eggs and your giga eggs means that you can just make more.

So you now have a reason to play the game more, boo hoo.

53 minutes ago, Notorious2652 said:

The fact that you can just rebreed your tuso eggs and your giga eggs means that you can just make more.

Nop, I left legacy a couple of weeks ago and started fresh, official is the way to go apperently. On legacy, I got 5K hours and this stuff randomly happened there so much, people on this forum told me to "rip the bandage now" because legacy is bound to be cut off. The first 2 weeks I grinded and farmed so much mats, I was able to make some deals here and there to get me good eggs/babies so I could at least try to be ready for Valentines.

Now, all that is gone.

And you quote Einstein. Sad.

P.S. here's one for your memoires;

"Assumption is the mother of all screwups"

1 hour ago, captyarrr said:

Nop, I left legacy a couple of weeks ago and started fresh, official is the way to go apperently. On legacy, I got 5K hours and this stuff randomly happened there so much, people on this forum told me to "rip the bandage now" because legacy is bound to be cut off. The first 2 weeks I grinded and farmed so much mats, I was able to make some deals here and there to get me good eggs/babies so I could at least try to be ready for Valentines.

Now, all that is gone.

And you quote Einstein. Sad.

P.S. here's one for your memoires;

"Assumption is the mother of all screwups"

good quote to bad you don't follow it, you are assuming complaining is going to get them to fix it for you

• 2 weeks later...

I think  something is borked with xbox and the servers.   Spam twitter feed is my only advice.  Login lock was designed to stop dupers but it really just pisses off the entire player base.  try again in 30 minutes is my only advice for that.   There are some like me that cannot teleport off of servers as well.

Archived