Login Lock

LOGINLOCK

• Replies 958
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it's not just communication skills. i think it's also a lot of just pure decision making.

it shouldn't be such a long process to decide if a roll back should happen or not.

and if a decision was made that there won't be a roll back, then at least you can let the community know, which then falls back into the communication skills how soft you'll land that blow xD

5 minutes ago, Mr_BloodyDevil said:

they probably lose half the active community if rollback will not occur.
keeping the servers running 'further" without rolling back these lost hours would be some bad advertising for wildcard.

my mate is pretty pissed he rage quit the game.... first time in a year 1/2 he's done that.  hopefully they fire off a few good brain cells and go 'yeah we need to get on this and rollback those servers" … but... im not holding my breath on it, just hanging around so if it does happen I can cryo the wyverns for my mate.

Seems the support ticket system is still just as broken as it was last year. 

Mate filled out a ticket, submitted it and …. it took him back to the main support page instead of actually submitting the ticket.   This has been a on going problem for as long as I can remember with their support system.   Its not that people don't try to submit support tickets, its:

1) they don't submit

2) they get a automated reply telling them they have to submit a 'new ticket'.

3) they get a automated reply that closes the ticket before its even resolved.

so he submitted a ticket to "Server Issues" as the selection for the drop down, got the ticket to post and he gets a automated reply back saying":

" server issues is not something they deal with and have to speak to a engineers and submit a new ticket  "

see what I mean about the automated replies ?  I mean seriously now.... If its not something they deal with DILO is it even a ticket OPTION?

Great communication and Automated service there Wildcard!

4 minutes ago, Mr_BloodyDevil said:

any update on this? :) server 347 could really use a rollback to before the login lock happend. many players lost alot of eggs/babies etc.

No updates, no rollbacks. It's allready too late, alot of players have logged in and done bosses etc.

ARKlogic. A phrase alot of us started using after the introduction of SE.

It still applies.

look at all that discontent and people requesting a rollback, yet nothing from wildcard:

2 hours sense they 'looked into it', something that took them 30 minutes to fix, and yet, 8 hours of lockout time for people on the servers, yet they have no care about restoring the servers prior to the problem.  Post your discontent there too about no server rollbacks.

40 minutes ago, Mr_BloodyDevil said:

they probably lose half the active community if rollback will not occur.
keeping the servers running 'further" without rolling back these lost hours would be some bad advertising for wildcard.

What about hours we spent since its working? no instant rollback means no rollback at all get used to it.

15 minutes ago, caleb68 said:

Not always true.   Some rollbacks have sent servers back several days in the past.

Yes, that's correct. I can even remember why. Sadly it was alot of a bigger issue back then, so no way they gonna rollback all now after being up for a few hours now.

They should've NOT opened up and done a rollback first.

I'm still curious, how a game like ARK has no server administrators on other timezones. ARK devs can claim they are indie here and there, at the end of the day they are not. As owned by Snail Games (major dev and publisher in the business), they are no longer indie. It's like calling Minecraft a indie after being purchased by Microsoft. Devs need to realize, server admins who work around the clock when their other admins sleep is the way to go forward and into Genesis. People won't be satisfied with Genesis if there is server problems at 3pm CET, while the time in Seattle or wherever Wildcard is run from is 6am PST. Same goes for Oceania-region players that are another 6-ish hours ahead of EU, and when time's 6am PST, time is 12am AEST in Australia for example. Kinda disappointed in how little words got out after this too. Cedric don't want #BadVibes but still no words out from him regarding this issue. Other games would have a region-based assistant community manager for EU, Africa, OCE regions. Time for Wildcard to step up the information channels.

As for rollbacks - I thought it would be an obvious rollback on this. I log back in to 3 dead latest stat gigas that I not only waited 2 days to hatch (egg timers) and had raised to around 6% before the crash but now they are dead. All this time gone for nothing. Same goes for messed up imprints, now I can't get 100% on most of the creatures I'm raising, which means there will be late abortions. Disappointed a lot after all this time we spend on this game. I'm sure most people would agree, a rollback 6 hours-ish is needed. So many lost hours because of this, and servers weren't crashed during this lockdown. They were online as normal, just with the login lock, so everything that was juvenile has grown beyond juvenile.

15 minutes ago, captyarrr said:

Yes, that's correct. I can even remember why. Sadly it was alot of a bigger issue back then, so no way they gonna rollback all now after being up for a few hours now.

They should've NOT opened up and done a rollback first.

I agree, they should of done a rollback prior to opening the servers back up due to the length of time that players were locked out of the servers.  Now its just a freaking mess, again, created by wildcard.

Archived