Login Lock

LOGINLOCK

• Replies 958
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had this happen a few weeks ago. If you have another steam account and Ark on it like your crafter sign into that one. Once signed into that one sign back into your main and try it again. If that doesn't work try playing another game for 2-5mins then close it and try logging into Ark. Not sure why but this fixed it for me.

20 minutes ago, FreddyFCT said:

I had this happen a few weeks ago. If you have another steam account and Ark on it like your crafter sign into that one. Once signed into that one sign back into your main and try it again. If that doesn't work try playing another game for 2-5mins then close it and try logging into Ark. Not sure why but this fixed it for me.

Going from main char on island to crafter on ab - login lock. I don't think you need to do anything special, just wait ~6 minutes.

It's annoying enough as it is and no official statement on it makes it even more irritating.

34 minutes ago, KrackenOne said:

Can't port to Ragnarok, the island or Valguero from extinction - login lock

Thought it was only five minute wait?  I've waited 15 minutes 6 times in a row and host connection timeout after the login lock message.  Xbox player, anyone know a workaround here?

Why was this moved here?   I'm not complaining about login lock....

So many people seem to assume this is a glitch.  You have to remember WC makes no money on us constantly playing their servers, and this is likely an under-the-table approach to try to drive us off by periodic annoyances to make us regret official server use, or in the least try to encourage us to play one server instead of multiples, like they originally thought the players would do, live out one map then move to another and never look back.  This 5 minute wait time before being able to log in can do catostrophic damage to things uploaded to transfer that have a spoil timer, like wyvern milk and nameless venom that we would need to raise dinos on other maps so the local character can have imprints.  Even if it is a glitch and isn't intentional, they'll let it go for a long time before they even bother trying to fix it.  Not being able to log in for a bit will certainly not be something high-priority for them to even worry about.  Not when they got all those tickets we're submitting that they're trashing instead of attending to.  Just sit back and enjoy the wait - it's gonna be a while. 

'Course I'd be just as happy if WC proved me wrong and finally fixed something quickly.  But as a legacy player that's been lied to, ignored, had my servers murdered after we were promised they wouldn't wipe legacy, and had Captain Morgan crap on my tickets instead of deal with the people violating the CoC, I don't have any confidence in WC to follow their own policies.  Considering this sort of stuff was going on right before the big legacy wipes started, and they have entertained that idea again for all the issues that have been happening, well I'm just waiting for it to happen again.  Login lockout is just the first step.

This is absolutely ridiculous. Please change it back now.
Trying to get a crafter from 1 server to another is not suppose to take 15 mins.
So you can only join a server every 5 mins now?  
Why not at least tell us?

You dont want us to play on multiple maps/servers yet you keep adding more maps? 
On pvp clusters its not like you can just choose to not use fx extinction because then you are hopelessly behind with meks and element farming for cloning 0/0s. 
I'm guessing its to prevent duping exploits and such. I dont think it will help anyway tbh. This is just going to annoy the f out of people and make them quit paying you money each time you come out with a new map you dont really want us to play anyway. 
GG

Login Lock

Connection Failure

Waiting on Login Lock. Please try again in a few minutes! (Disappears)

Host Pending Connection Timeout

Lost/timeout pending connection to host.

Joining Failed

Connection timeout

So new update came out... And now it's even more broken than before...

Best part is after I do finally get in a server it does the previous problem of loading half of everything and just disconnects or game just crashes entirely... 

Good job wildcard.

The devs raptored up something again. Usually this happens when something wasnt updated properly and needs an immediate hotfix.

Also before my thread got migrated out of xbox bug thread by a mod who didnt read it

https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/brenon45/screenshot/14127411

The devs messed up something again.

locks were designed with only one purpose in mind:   To keep honest people honest.

its not going to stop those who want to dupe, doesn't even effect them. 

edit in: it doesn't just effect transferring to servers, it effects logging into any server, as I have multiple characters on multiple servers and even just trying to log into a different server that has another character I am  locked out for the time frame.. 

WildCard Studios,

Can we please have a formal statement why an already huge time comittment based survival game is becoming now even more time consuming. I am pretty confident there are other technical possibilities to combat duping than a lazy "lets punish all players"- approach

Best,

-Johnny

PS: OFC you won't ever read this nor any other player complaints but do understand: The player base is your cash cow (and you dont want to bring this cow too early to the slaughterhouse)

Just switching characters seems to be a 5min waiting period.  But transfering servers,  what's i'm getting from allies and friends is - it's a roll of the dice for how long it's gonna take, 15min or greater... anyone got a top end on that #?   up to how many minutes/hours?

I'm gonna bite the bullet and use my kids account to transfer a couple times today, and pray it makes it back to our ab server...

This will end Ark. Period.

For me (and based on parties/server chats) will be the end of Ark.

For those that play on official pvp servers and use multiple servers, this log in lock kills the experience in 2 ways.

1)  not being able to get back into a server for 5 minutes can be the difference between no loss and losing everything (if you know this game, think about it)

2)  the additional time spent if you log in and out of servers 12 times (12×5 minute lock out) in a play session (not at all out of the ordinary for people that play on multi servers) is an AN HOUR TOTAL OF WASTED TIME NOT BEING ALLOWED TO PLAY.  

This will mean an additional, and 100% non productive hour is spent playing this game on top of the grind that it already is.

This is absolutely not acceptable.  If this proves to be a persistent change, I and many other refuse to play this or any future Ark content.

This WILL end Ark for many who value their time. 

Archived