Titanosaur on PvE servers - need info on mechanics

Herbapou

I have an open base that is surrounded with a wall of normal side metal gates and inside of it stone walls with towers (castle style). The stone walls have metal spikes outside of them. So I didn't do the classic belemoth gates wall with a close down box structures inside of it you see everywhere on PvE servers.

I have test this with pretty much everything (gigas, rex, alpha (raptors, carno, rex).

This week I was online when a tribe trained a Titanosaur inside my base using a Lighting wyvern. It went inside the stone walls where all my dinos are in the open space. To my surprise the titan attacks did not affect my structures but it also did not affect my dinos that were out in the open.  The tribe killed the Titanosaur inside my base using a lighting wyvern, going to rest for stamina at the top of  my stone towers between attacks.

Is that normal or was I lucky and should report the tribe for attempting to wipe me out?

In the middle of the open spaces, I have a metal structures filled with PvP style defense on the roof (plant X and auto turrets). They are all OFF, I will activate them only in case of emergencies. I want to know how many heavy auto turrets is needed to quickly kill a high level wild giga or Titan?

1 hour ago, Herbapou said:

I have an open base that is surrounded with a wall of normal side metal gates and inside of it stone walls with towers (castle style). The stone walls have metal spikes outside of them. So I didn't do the classic belemoth gates wall with a close down box structures inside of it you see everywhere on PvE servers.

I have test this with pretty much everything (gigas, rex, alpha (raptors, carno, rex).

This week I was online when a tribe trained a Titanosaur inside my base using a Lighting wyvern. It went inside the stone walls where all my dinos are in the open space. To my surprise the titan attacks did not affect my structures but it also did not affect my dinos that were out in the open.  The tribe killed the Titanosaur inside my base using a lighting wyvern, going to rest for stamina at the top of  my stone towers between attacks.

Is that normal or was I lucky and should report the tribe for attempting to wipe me out?

In the middle of the open spaces, I have a metal structures filled with PvP style defense on the roof (plant X and auto turrets). They are all OFF, I will activate them only in case of emergencies. I want to know how many heavy auto turrets is needed to quickly kill a high level wild giga or Titan?

You were pretty lucky that ur Dino did. Not get killed but seems that he\she only wanted  to kill the Titan because if was trying to kill your tames he would have .I would not suggest using turrets it would take quite a few and by the time you killed it your base would be destroyed. I would fix the area where he lured in the Titan so this can't happen again.

Problem is to titan proof my base I would need to surround it with behemoth gates like everyone else does. Was trying to avoid this.

If a titan cannot fit into a behemoth gate I could add a layer of behemoth gate with no doors at the same location of my metal gates with no door.

So a layer of regular metal gates with no doors to stop rex, alpha rex and a layer of  behemoth gates with no door to stop titans.

That being said, I read that sometimes titans can glitch into any kind of walls.

If my understanding of titanos is correct it did not hurt your stuff because you were not the target, but if something had happened, say a seagull flew in, but one of your dinos and it retaliated, and accidentally hit the titano, your stuff would have been toast. I don't think they were trying to get you wiped or they probably would not have killed it, maybe they followed it in and it just happened to get stuck, fighting titanos run all over the place. 

7 minutes ago, Cowgirl said:

If my understanding of titanos is correct it did not hurt your stuff because you were not the target, but if something had happened, say a seagull flew in, but one of your dinos and it retaliated, and accidentally hit the titano, your stuff would have been toast. I don't think they were trying to get you wiped or they probably would not have killed it, maybe they followed it in and it just happened to get stuck, fighting titanos run all over the place. 

They changed the aggro mechanics while back but still will kill tames/bases...even if not the target. 

13 minutes ago, Cowgirl said:

4 minutes ago, Lycan187u said:

They changed the aggro mechanics while back but still will kill tames/bases...even if not the target. 

I saw them, they were fighting it from quite far out and there wyvern went straight into my base, the titan followed... I think they were expecting my torrets and plant X to be ON, but I had put them OFF a day before.

My question is now is if a behemoth gate with no door can block a titan from being kite into my base.

5 minutes ago, Herbapou said:

I saw them, they were fighting it from quite far out and there wyvern went straight into my base, the titan followed... I think they were expecting my torrets and plant X to be ON, but I had put them OFF a day before.

My question is now is if a behemoth gate with no door can block a titan from being kite into my base.

Not really no sadly if a player wanted it in your base not much you can do really .

13 minutes ago, Lycan187u said:

Not really no sadly if a player wanted it in your base not much you can do really .

According to some websites a titanosaur cannot pass through a behemoth gate.  So players will have to kite it so it glitch into the base. Since the behemoth gates will add the same protection other PvE Tribes  have, I will add them.

At least we have offline protection, so a titan cant wipe me out while I am offline. I will report a tribe if they try this again.

1 minute ago, Herbapou said:

According to some websites a titanosaur cannot pass through a behemoth gate.  So players will have to kite it so it glitch into the base. Since the behemoth gates will add the same protection other PvE Tribes  have, I will add them.

At least we have offline protection, so a titan cant wipe me out while I am offline. I will report a tribe if they try this again.

I would definitely report them if you see this again if not one day they may succeed in their task .keep all plant x and turrets off tho if offline and they get it in your base when you log in and your turrets/neutral dino shoots/attacked it would be fast and you wouldn't have time to react.good luck and keep surviving.

A titanosaur can walk over a beh gate if it has spikes around the outside or the ground outside of the gates rises at the steep enough angle so that it is standing just slightly higher than the beh gates.

The titanosaur from my recent experience does not do damage to your base when provoked.  I can't confirm this 100%, but I have had pounding on the corner of a structure and nothing received any damage.  If you leave velons out on aggressive or turret mode I believe they will attack the titan and that can start a chain reaction of it killing all your animals.  As long as your base was on passive and nothing attacked it, then your animals shoudl be ok.

X-plants do not shoot at them from what I remember being told, I can't confirm that just yet.

2 minutes ago, Lycan187u said:

Kiter here xD I can confirm killing multiple tames/ bases in my day lol can't explain how they can aggro to your bases sadly against forum rules but trust me lol it's possible still today for Titans to wipe bases...

I hope that if someone gets caught doing it, he is going to be perma band from official, not just warned.

Titans can only affect your dinos if they are on neutral or aggressive. If your dinos attack it in any way, it's open season, the titan will stomp buildings to get to the attacking dinos. Titan pest control for the server here, whistle passive on your dinos and the titan does nothing to your buildings or tames, while I kill the thing. This is what I tell other tribes when they need a titan removed from their base. If this was a kiting attack, pretty weak, use a giga, they don't care if your tames are passive or not.

4 minutes ago, Kali1973 said:

Titans can only affect your dinos if they are on neutral or aggressive. If your dinos attack it in any way, it's open season, the titan will stomp buildings to get to the attacking dinos. Titan pest control for the server here, whistle passive on your dinos and the titan does nothing to your buildings or tames, while I kill the thing. This is what I tell other tribes when they need a titan removed from their base. If this was a kiting attack, pretty weak, use a giga, they don't care if your tames are passive or not.

On Legacy doesn't matter if your dino are neutral or passive if someone kites and wants to kill your tames he can...with a titanosaur.

23 minutes ago, mecandbuttons said:

As long as your dinos don't aggro you are safe. If you had a dino on nuetral and it attacked your base and dinos would have taken damage. In fact theres a titan in my base right now. As long as we leave it alone it'll be gone after a time

Not exactly true it would just take a random player to aggro it inside your base...when it stomps the player it stomps your dino...

11 minutes ago, Kali1973 said:

On Legacy doesn't matter if your dino are neutral or passive if someone kites and wants to kill your tames he can...with a titanosaur.

27 minutes ago, mecandbuttons said:

As long as your dinos don't aggro you are safe. If you had a dino on nuetral and it attacked your base and dinos would have taken damage. In fact theres a titan in my base right now. As long as we leave it alone it'll be gone after a time

Not exactly true it would just take a random player to aggro it inside your base...when it stomps the player it stomps your dino...happens everyday on legacy trust me !!!

Titan could damage me, well as best a titan could do to bred giga in 124 ascended saddle, which is not much. With 800 melee I can kill it during it's first retreat, the tribe I was doing pest control for suffered no damage at all, and it stomped several dinos sitting out. On passive they won't move or respond. What you are describing used to be a real problem, but they fixed it long ago, Titan only damage the tribe they are aggro'd to.

Archived