Community Crunch 210: Mysterious Mysteries, Ongoing Enforcement, and Winter Wonderland 4

Cedric

• Volunteer Moderator
15 minutes ago, Dzieciak said:

Why the heck did you change a drag weight of some dinos, Wildcard??

So now Procoptodon (basically, a large kangaroo) weighs 410 instead of 110 units. So in your mind, a kangaroo is heavier than trike (300), rhino (375) and even a mammoth (400)?!

Same thing with Kaprosuchus... Now it weighs 410 units as well (changed from 120), so in your world it is twice as heavy as much bigger Sarco??

Jeez, what was the point?!

Has nothing to do with any kind of realistic (in this game lol?) weight values.

It's to mitigate meshing.

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, XmaxX1995 said:

During the enforcement period, am I able to go to another server to get wyvern milk and come back to my home server? Or is it locked until the period ends? Still new. 

With all of the other connection and lockout issues going on at the moment. 

I wouldn't go anywhere for a bit.

13 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Think about what each of those dinos shares in common and you shall have your answer.

As far as I know, Gallimimus can't grab players like Proco (pouch) or Kapro / Megalo (jaws).

If it really is related to meshing, then it's another detour to not fix it properly by Wildcard... Another great example? Chairs. Man, chairs are totally helping with meshing! So instead of trying to fix it, WC just removed chairs from the game. Climbing picks? Oh boy, people use them to go undermesh! Let's just instantly kill all players that unwittingly found a hole in the texture. Easy, right?

If you can raid people from undermesh by carrying kangaroo with quetz, just make kangaroo heavier than mammoth. Poof! Problem solved!

Edited by Dzieciak

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, Dzieciak said:

As far as I know, Gallimimus can't grab players like Proco (pouch) or Kapro / Megalo (jaws).

Multi-person saddle.

Just now, Dzieciak said:

If it really is related to meshing, then it's another detour to not fix it properly by Wildcard.

I believe this to be a correct statement.

6 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Multi-person saddle.

Pachyrhino can also be equipped with multi-person saddle and it weighs 200 units.

Roll rat - able to carry three people. Drag weight: 245.

Tapejara - another three-seater. Drag weight: 149.

Why Galli then? That's just inconsistent. That's why I'm so angry. WC seems to do just random stuff to pretend they're doing something. Good, bad, whatevs. Still something.

Edited by Dzieciak

Nothing we have seen as pertaining to genesis and these mysterious mysteries was stated to be of part 1 or of part 2, so it IS a mystery as to when they are coming to the game. January 2020 or December 2020 is the true mystery.

I'm interested to find out how we'll transverse from the lunar biome ( biome - a portion of a map - not A map exclusively).

Which seems to suggest genesis will have a huge sky box hence why the Astrocedus is able to do warp speed. Which would thus also suggest getting to the lunar biome is going to be just as difficult as being there.

Do you have the "Will Power" to climb such altitude fellow Ark-ians 

"Lock manas to extinction"  <---- This one right here, if I had to pick one thing out of that list it would be this one.  Would love to see variety again. 

In the list I assume "archived" basically means you're aware of the request and not doing it, at least not at this time.

Edited by Volarus

15 hours ago, Monak said:

Nothing we have seen as pertaining to genesis and these mysterious mysteries was stated to be of part 1 or of part 2, so it IS a mystery as to when they are coming to the game. January 2020 or December 2020 is the true mystery.

I'm interested to find out how we'll transverse from the lunar biome ( biome - a portion of a map - not A map exclusively).

Which seems to suggest genesis will have a huge sky box hence why the Astrocedus is able to do warp speed. Which would thus also suggest getting to the lunar biome is going to be just as difficult as being there.

Do you have the "Will Power" to climb such altitude fellow Ark-ians 

I wonder what it is going to look like! I hope this map is the best yet! :D honestly it has to compete with Ragnarok or Extinction.

Can't carry a Kangaroo/Procoptodon

Are we kidding, Wild Card. You patch the game to stop us from carrying a Gallimimus or Procoptodon? A Queztal can carry a Mammoth but it can now not carry a small Kangaroo. Please explain the logic for all of us. I love the game but REALLY. A Mammoth but not an annoying Gallimimus.

Modified Drag weight of creatures to prevent carry by Quetz and Crab: 

•     Galli 
  •     Kapro
  •     Megalosaurus
  •     Procoptodon
  •