Community Crunch 210: Mysterious Mysteries, Ongoing Enforcement, and Winter Wonderland 4

Cedric

On 12/10/2019 at 7:35 AM, Curlylemming745 said:

Can we get rid of cryopod timers on baby Dino's please. Raising Dino's is time consuming as it is, having 5 minutes between each baby is to much. We raise 5 to 15 babies at a time that's over 30 minutes of wait time. Maybe just make it where you can throw out all your Dino's on your own property, as it is the same issue after a boss fight. We need to heal Dino's up and have to spend all that time to throw them all out

Hey Mate, u Know Cryo Sicknessed Babys eat normally when u do Berries/Meat ... in? Just throw out all, feed them.... If its managmars or something that take long to wakeup, forcfeed stimulatien.?

Wildcard expects us to pay MORE money for a DLC when I have lost TWO Managarmrs THIS week due to a "hey...lets just take off and fly the raptor away" bug. Wildcard is the most clueless game studio that has ever lived. I did not purchase Atlas because Ark at its core was still broken and STILL IS! raptor you Wildcard and after 4000+ hours in this piece of poop game I AM DONE...GO AHEAD AND BAN ME!!!!

Am i looking forward to winter wonderland........ Well i currently am looking forward to a update that does not mess everything up... Also i am looking forward to extracting my character from the ob that is now stuck in it. No beds showing on my server.. All because for a second i thought i was safe and best go feed my scorch animals before something else happens and i can't get off Rag since i spent at least 6 shots to get onto Rag. Finally that seemed to be ok. But no the minute i tried to change servers whammo. Crashed my character then put up some log in crap followed up by my character having died on Rag and no bed to spawn in. So yea. Well done Wildcard. HAVE YOU ALL NEVER CONSIDERED TESTING THING BEFORE RELEASE??????

May I just point out that Nitrado at least provides some level of customer service?  They are experiencing difficulties with this recent server patch not applying correctly and this is what I find on my server dashboard.  It's small but it is at least something.  It lets me know that they acknowledge there is a problem and that something is being done about it.  Meanwhile Wildcard hides when there is trouble and seems to be unaware of,  or ignore the fact that Windows 10 users have not been able to play consistently for some time.

nitrado_service.png

On 12/10/2019 at 7:35 AM, Curlylemming745 said:

Can we get rid of cryopod timers on baby Dino's please. Raising Dino's is time consuming as it is, having 5 minutes between each baby is to much. We raise 5 to 15 babies at a time that's over 30 minutes of wait time. Maybe just make it where you can throw out all your Dino's on your own property, as it is the same issue after a boss fight. We need to heal Dino's up and have to spend all that time to throw them all out

U can Feed them when they Are in Cryosickness, not even forcefeed, they eat normally. Just not from Through. If u throw out mana or something take long to wake up, need some Stimulatien to wake them up before imprint. When cryosickness is over they eat from Throw even if they Sleep i think. 

Ced can we get a way to tell if a dino is hungry or not.  I suggest by the heart/trough symbol or pushing touchpad to show food levels near symbol that dino can be leveled.  This would be helpful when feeding troughs to know who is hungry.  Currently you have to open dino's inventory to see its food level.

Edited by DeManN75

Well if the Win10 folks are having some issues not able to log with the unintended “to early” QOL update I just can’t WAIT to see what it does to console right at the start of a holiday event *facepalm*.  I’m not even gonna mention the mysterious mystery, other than the ONLY mysterious mystery is how WC has been able to screw up SOMETHING every step of this game.  They said themselves during the extra life stream that they introduce something and it’s used for something they never thought of during development, depending on the game mode or has unintended or “unforeseen” problems.  Then they find out whatever dino or structure is being used for and they either decide to nerf the crap out of it or just to render it completely useless.

The whole reason for pillars on pve was for server playability.  And I don’t care who calls BS on it, that shows they haven’t played a server with no pillars and seen the junk and the crap bases pop up every where to the point that you can’t even do a meat run to feed your dinos!  Let alone try to raise anything! Or tame anything!  The server populations say the limit is 70, but the servers (especially console servers) can’t handle a 70 person population especially if there’s only 2-4 people in each tribe.  Without the management of the people that play on those servers the game wouldn’t be fun AT ALL.

I agree the cryo sickness is annoying but when I raise I throw everything out and what I found is my dinos still ate off the trough even while cryo sick.  I watched them and they still picked their heads up with the eating mechanic.  I checked their inventory and their food and health were still increasing even though unconscious.  Either way to me that’s not a concern for PVE, PVP completely understandable why it’s there.  Yes another annoying thing that’s instituted for PVP that makes NO SENSE AT ALL for PVE.  I’m more curious to now that the d-bags that dupe and cheat to hide the fact that they can’t play the game right are being handled, could we get transfer timers dropped?  There really are good people who have no interest in cheating and enjoy the game.  There’s always someone out there who tries to cheat their way through life but don’t tell me there’s not a coding line you can put in there that recognizes it and automatically locks the account for say 3 days for investigation.

@Wildcard, look just about everyone understands that this game will never be perfect and there’s always things that need fixing.  A little bug in the game or the occasional crash, comes with the territory of a game that is this complex, but if you guys took the time and either postponed genesis even longer to work on the core game to make it rock solid as possible or bring in a full team that works solely on the balances and stability of the game you would probably find that the crunches wouldn’t be full of complaints.  It’s VERY difficult to get hyped up about new content when we can’t log in, crash just flying across the map etc. The scenarios are endless.  If ya also just logged in to a random server and played for a few days, just like the rest of us, you would see exactly what everyone is talking about and how frustrating it is.  Then imagine many months or years of that, then you would understand why a lot of people have a sour taste in their mouths.  I know it would piss A LOT of people off if you pushed back genesis even farther but if ya did it to stabilize the game as a whole, to me that’s a fair trade off.  You would make JUST as many people if not more people happy if you did that as you would ticking people off.  It would pay off 10 fold in the long run.  Work on QOL (includes cheaters, balances, stability and so on), that’s more important to probably most of the player base.

10 hours ago, blargzilla said:

Wildcard expects us to pay MORE money for a DLC when I have lost TWO Managarmrs THIS week due to a "hey...lets just take off and fly the raptor away" bug. Wildcard is the most clueless game studio that has ever lived. I did not purchase Atlas because Ark at its core was still broken and STILL IS! raptor you Wildcard and after 4000+ hours in this piece of poop game I AM DONE...GO AHEAD AND BAN ME!!!!

You'll come back. Haha.

I am also excited for Winter Wonderland 4. People complain and whine about WC doing a sh** job, but none of those people have been in the gaming industry. I'd like to see all of you aforementioned make a game as successful as Ark and manage everything you ask for.

Broken after this last update everyone beware you will have connection issues lol I made a profile just so I can complain about how sorry your coding is. UPDATES more like downgrade lol you all need to take a weekend class to refresh your coding. Cause it sucks like the 1st people who made WOW they were trash at coding too

• Volunteer Moderator
4 minutes ago, Snax said:

Broken after this last update everyone beware you will have connection issues lol I made a profile just so I can complain about how sorry your coding is. UPDATES more like downgrade lol you all need to take a weekend class to refresh your coding. Cause it sucks like the 1st people who made WOW they were trash at coding too

You made a profile in June of 2017 just so you could complain about this today? ?

1 hour ago, VeeTea said:

You'll come back. Haha.

I am also excited for Winter Wonderland 4. People complain and whine about WC doing a sh** job, but none of those people have been in the gaming industry. I'd like to see all of you aforementioned make a game as successful as Ark and manage everything you ask for.

I am in the software industry.  I thoroughly test updates and patches before I deploy them.  People test my patches after I have tested them just to make sure I didn't miss anything because hey, nobody is perfect.  I schedule updates and patches to release to multiple platforms and app stores simultaneously.  I'm pretty confident I would be fired if I released a negligent patch that took down our apps or services in any way.  Just because Wildcard is a game developer doesn't mean they're doing it right.  I give them credit in that this is a very complex game.  But people paid money for a game and they have every right to complain when it doesn't work as intended or at all.  I can understand in-game bugs and glitches and I'm willing to work around them.  I don't even get mad about exploiters because that happens in every game.  But these constant updates that bring the game down for at least 2 days every time are frustrating and unsustainable in a game as high-maintenance as Ark.  And there is no reason for it if the updates are done right.  Windows 10 users had a two-day outage recently because of a patch that only added three Genesis HLNA explorer notes in a patch.  Three explorer notes I don't have access to because I currently have no plans to buy Genesis.

I am not defending all comments made at Wildcard as some people take it way too far.  But Wildcard needs to answer for the constant down time caused by patches and the SERIOUS lack of communication with it's user base.  There is no way I am buying into more DLC or anything else related to Wildcard, including Atlas, when I know this is what to expect.  I would love to be pleasantly surprised by Wildcard and not have to miss the first two days of the Christmas event as a result of the patch initiating it this next week.  But as you can imagine, like all other Win10 users, my expectations are otherwise...

I understand that its frustrating. Im playin the game since it launched on ps4 and still love to play it. But this is still their first game they created as WildCard right? I think most of us cant even create something that comes close to this. Only thing is that it costed 60 of 70 euro's here and it released while it wasnt ready to cost that much or be released with that stuff goin wrong in the game. I just hope things will get better and they can fix a lot because i keep playing ark, its still a fun game to play. ( and i hope i can play tomorrow and dont have to wait a few days xD )

I am so confused. The artlcle states that Winter Wonderland is coming next week but we already have Raptor Clause on our unofficial server. We are not able to see the holiday items in the vanilla cooking pot though.  Our admin said he didn't add the event to the server.  Any ideas of what is going on? 

• Volunteer Moderator
43 minutes ago, Zadira said:

I am so confused. The artlcle states that Winter Wonderland is coming next week but we already have Raptor Clause on our unofficial server. We are not able to see the holiday items in the vanilla cooking pot though.  Our admin said he didn't add the event to the server.  Any ideas of what is going on? 

Maybe a mod thing? I've not noticed it on my server.

Why the heck did you change a drag weight of some dinos, Wildcard??

So now Procoptodon (basically, a large kangaroo) weighs 410 instead of 110 units. So in your mind, a kangaroo is heavier than trike (300), rhino (375) and even a mammoth (400)?!

Same thing with Kaprosuchus... Now it weighs 410 units as well (changed from 120), so in your world it is twice as heavy as much bigger Sarco??

Jeez, what was the point?!