Community Crunch 210: Mysterious Mysteries, Ongoing Enforcement, and Winter Wonderland 4

Cedric

15 hours ago, LSMCtv said:

We had 8x a month ago. It’s 2x every weekend. We had 2x breeding for 3 weeks. Yet you still want more? 

Yea i want more. So you saying you dont need the winter wonderland event because we had a event for 3 weeks. The 8x extralife event is 1 day event and it was during work day and not all player living in same timezone. It called a suggestion and everybody entitled to one. I dont why you being so salty about this.

So today's update just wiped my dedicated server data. Thanks for robbing days worth of gameplay wildcard. I can handle it once and twice but and even on a official but when your update wipes my server that's far enough. It feels like your mindset it to mess with things that work but leave things that dont work alone. Seriously A+ quality assurance you have there. 

5 hours ago, Chax9101 said:

Yea i want more. So you saying you dont need the winter wonderland event because we had a event for 3 weeks. The 8x extralife event is 1 day event and it was during work day and not all player living in same timezone. It called a suggestion and everybody entitled to one. I dont why you being so salty about this.

Salty? I asked a simple question. There was also 2x harvesting, Xp and breeding for 17 days. It’s 2x taming every weekend. I just wondered why that isn’t enough. Personally no, I don’t need the winter wonderland event for multipliers, I don’t mind taming On 1x during a 2/3 week event. 

On 12/10/2019 at 5:10 AM, AwokenxAnarchy said:

*wildcard*

"How perplexing, who can guess what this might be?"

*Ark players*

literally anyone,  same with the last few they aren't mysteries when you have already announced and showcased them :)

plot twist: unless the mystery is why your showcasing revealed genesis content as mysteries????

Well, you among others are taking it for granted that everyone has seen that specific live stream. There are players here that have not seen it or chosen not to see it for a multitude of reasons. For them it is a mystery. To be honest, I wish I hadn't seen it. 

Wc you are not able to do anything right it seems. People complain if you give us info, people complain if you don't give us info. People complain if you wipe cheaters people complain if you don't wipe cheaters. I know this game is not perfect, there is A LOT wrong. However I say good job. The amount of time I have enjoyed playing this game versus the price is by far a better dollar per hour of fun then most entertainment. I have 6000 hours if enjoyment for what 100, and that's with all dlcs.

I was understanding until recently.  I get it, this is an extremely complex game.  That is a major part of the appeal for me.  I love this game!  But my frustrations stem from Wildcard's actions and not any bug in the game.  Win10 users just got through a two day downtime because we got an update well after everybody else, thus preventing us from connecting to servers.  Now we are in day two of yet another outage because we apparently got the QOL update too early.  So in exchange for bigger meat stacks and more fuel efficient cookers, we cannot connect to servers again.  I have also gotten numerous hours of entertainment from this game.  But the results of that time are currently being killed and destroyed while we cannot connect to our servers thus making it a waste.  Every update is a hassle and usually breaks something.  And there are so many little and sometimes useless updates instead of periodic "substance" updates.  This game is too high-maintenance to afford so much down time.  And now Win10 users have the holiday event update to look forward to next week which will probably keep us from connecting again right after the current outage is corrected.  Couple all this with the fact that Wildcard seems to go into hiding when some (ANY) information would be appreciated.  But they have plenty of time to keep advertising Genesis.  Why on Earth would I buy into Genesis when I cannot even play my current maps?  And isn't it unethical to entice gamers to buy a DLC with all these super amazing additions and new dinos just to nerf them all to being near useless after they purchase?

I paid my money.  I want to play my game please.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, PertySlick said:

I was understanding until recently.  I get it, this is an extremely complex game.  That is a major part of the appeal for me.  I love this game!  But my frustrations stem from Wildcard's actions and not any bug in the game.  Why on Earth would I buy into Genesis when I cannot even play my current maps?  And isn't it unethical to entice gamers to buy a DLC with all these super amazing additions and new dinos just to nerf them all to being near useless after they purchase?

I paid my money.  I want to play my game please.

I agree some of the problems NEED to be fixed, however I have spent most of my time playing on single player or private servers. I have given both PVP and PVE a few chances. Each time I work up the curiosity to give it another try I find trolls and bitter little angry children. Please don't mention " well it is PVP". Most people on PVP do not want a challenge. They truly do NOT. Most "alpha" tribes are so afraid of a worthy opponent they storm down on a fresh spawn in cloth with a rex or wyvern. All because they are to afraid to allow anyone to become a true challenge. Cowards. 

PVE is just as toxic I don't know how many times I have joined a server and find a forest of pillars or foundations placed over tames, which you can't destroy because it is PVE. So I guess if I had invested hours and hours in to building and playing on official I would be more upset with WC, with the bugs, with people. Thankfully I gave up on multiplayer of this game way back in early access. I do feel bad for most of you guys, but you can't say you haven't gotten your money's worth. Just compare it to any other AAA title. Where you may get 30 to 40 hours of fun for 60$. On good games like Skyrim maybe 100 to 150 hours for 60$. Here with ark I have gotten 6000 hours, well maybe 4000 enjoyable hours, of fun for 60$. So case in point, hour of fun per dollar is still pretty good.

1 hour ago, Salc said:

Doubt it will come out till after they enforce whatever

In an effort to maintain a healthy and fair playing environment, we will be conducting an enforcement initiative tomorrow, Tuesday December 10.  A number of servers will be unavailable during this enforcement window.  A list of affected servers will be announced and pinned in the forums prior to the enforcement window.

3 hours ago, Leonthecleaner said:

Well, you among others are taking it for granted that everyone has seen that specific live stream. There are players here that have not seen it or chosen not to see it for a multitude of reasons. For them it is a mystery. To be honest, I wish I hadn't seen it. 

It's all over YouTube posted by every main stream ark Youtuber. Not to mention the videos for the showcase were also released by wildcard on YouTube and on this website. Perhaps the marginal percentage  of arks population that role play the game may find the recycling of showcased content appealing, however the vast majority of Arks population has seen the reveals. Just look at the amount of views on the separate videos and compare them to arks daily/average population (And that's not including those who watched the livestream). With that said, I only hope these not so mysterious mysteries are not indicating that what was showcased previously is all we are going to get in Genesis. 

On 12/10/2019 at 1:35 AM, Curlylemming745 said:

Can we get rid of cryopod timers on baby Dino's please. Raising Dino's is time consuming as it is, having 5 minutes between each baby is to much. We raise 5 to 15 babies at a time that's over 30 minutes of wait time. Maybe just make it where you can throw out all your Dino's on your own property, as it is the same issue after a boss fight. We need to heal Dino's up and have to spend all that time to throw them all out

The timer should just be removed entirely in PVE. It is just another limitation for PVP that PVE players have to suffer from for zero reason. Seperate PVP from PVE! It is on your QOL list please get this done.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, AwokenxAnarchy said:

It's all over YouTube posted by every main stream ark Youtuber. Not to mention the videos for the showcase were also released by wildcard on YouTube and on this website. Perhaps the marginal percentage  of arks population that role play the game may find the recycling of showcased content appealing, however the vast majority of Arks population has seen the reveals. Just look at the amount of views on the separate videos and compare them to arks daily/average population (And that's not including those who watched the livestream). With that said, I only hope these not so mysterious mysteries are not indicating that what was showcased previously is all we are going to get in Genesis. 

If you want a mystery then use self control and do not watch such Ark content. I do not know what the mystery is and I play Ark all the time. Who wants to watch livestreams versus playing yourself, sounds lame.  

1 hour ago, Greatchawhee said:

I agree some of the problems NEED to be fixed, however I have spent most of my time playing on single player or private servers. I have given both PVP and PVE a few chances. Each time I work up the curiosity to give it another try I find trolls and bitter little angry children. Please don't mention " well it is PVP". Most people on PVP do not want a challenge. They truly do NOT. Most "alpha" tribes are so afraid of a worthy opponent they storm down on a fresh spawn in cloth with a rex or wyvern. All because they are to afraid to allow anyone to become a true challenge. Cowards. 

PVE is just as toxic I don't know how many times I have joined a server and find a forest of pillars or foundations placed over tames, which you can't destroy because it is PVE. So I guess if I had invested hours and hours in to building and playing on official I would be more upset with WC, with the bugs, with people. Thankfully I gave up on multiplayer of this game way back in early access. I do feel bad for most of you guys, but you can't say you haven't gotten your money's worth. Just compare it to any other AAA title. Where you may get 30 to 40 hours of fun for 60$. On good games like Skyrim maybe 100 to 150 hours for 60$. Here with ark I have gotten 6000 hours, well maybe 4000 enjoyable hours, of fun for 60$. So case in point, hour of fun per dollar is still pretty good.

I'm sorry but none of that excuses the fact that I cannot play for a week straight without days of down time.  And writing off people that like to play with others as toxic and not worthy of attention isn't the answer.  They (assumedly) paid for their game as well.  I'm happy for you that you have enjoyed many more hours in this game.  But I completely disagree that any sort of enjoyment fulfilled makes it okay for Wildcard to constantly take the game I paid for away from me with this bad update procedure, sometimes rendering "time enjoyed" nullified as a waste.  If it were just in-game bugs, I would still be just as understanding as I was previously because I could still be enjoying the game around them.

1 hour ago, Greatchawhee said:

Boiling a game down to cost per hour played may be good in some situations but not in this case. This is still and actively played and updated game. Complaining expresses issues that should be addressed in order to make a better game. WC should always strive for the best version that they can produce and add content to that instead of ignoring issues and adding content as a distraction and money infusion. Also the game is not $60. You have to add the base game plus all expansions individually because that is how many acquired it. Ark's cost is in the hundreds and if WC recognizes it and keeps making content many more hundreds as well. Many players also pay monthly fees for this game to play a modded version because the official version leaves a lot to be desired. 

1 hour ago, WarpSpasm said:

Will the extra crafting slots and reduced fuel costs be introduced with Winter Wonderland? I foresee a lot of narcotics and tranq darts being produced during this event, in my game at least.

Most likely.  Win10 users have that right now.  Apparently our update was pushed too early (the irony...) and that's why we cannot connect to servers currently.  I fired up a single player game and saw most, if not all, the QOL changes Cedric mentioned previously.

4 hours ago, Cinnamongod said:

If you want a mystery then use self control and do not watch such Ark content. I do not know what the mystery is and I play Ark all the time. Who wants to watch livestreams versus playing yourself, sounds lame.  

Another misguided interpretation of my post, as stated it's not about it being a mystery, my point was release content for everybody to enjoy not the few who live under rocks. (I learnt about all of their reveals in game through player interaction, I'm not sure if you play official or on your own private world, but people on official talk about new content).

Edited by AwokenxAnarchy