Best way to farm metal in aberration with an anky? (Singleplayer)

Pubbyxd

Best way to farm metal in aberration with an anky? (Singleplayer)

So is went a while back and tamed an anky to farm metal. Then I quickly realised that farming in the fertile region literally takes FOREVER. (Im trying to get 3600 metal ore for air cons) So what shud I do, make a base in the bioluminescent zone for smelting and then transport it to my real base, or maybe tame a karkinos and grab the any and jump into the bioluminescent zone and farm that way. I am singleplayer so options are somewhat limited. Any ideas? Advice is appreciated ?

42 minutes ago, jpcab said:

Karkinos and anky obviously.. And a whip. U can slot cap the anky.. I ve done it alone on official a lot.. 25 minutes to slot cap an anky at 2x alone 

This. Also, there is a pretty healthy amount of metal in the fertile lake surface entrance. Just bring a light pet for the nameless and a haz suit for a few spores.

Blue zone is still the best for a bunch of metal though.

• 2 weeks later...

Couple Ankys, Karkinos, light pet, whip, and you're set lol. I like to fill both ankys and then just hop each one back to my base, completely item-capped with metal. When I farm with my tribemate, we bring 2 ankys + 2 karkinos and one farms on anky while being held by the karkinos by other tribemate, and once ankys are filled, we each hop back to base. Think we managed to wipe out an entire patch of metal within 20 minutes, got about 300k metal ingots from that event (was 8x I believe).

Oh, you need good music too. Very good music, then you're set. :P 

Archived