Is “Genesis” Encouraging The Use Of Land Tames?

ChillEBean

Is “Genesis” Encouraging The Use Of Land Tames?

So far most of the genesis creatures we saw have been land Dino’s, and we’ve also been getting items and dinosaurs that seem to be counters to flyers. First off, we’ve gotten the cruise missile, which I believe will be very effective against flying tames and make them easier to kill most flyers since the cruise missile seems to be pretty fast. Secondly, almost all of the tames we’ve seen so far have been land Dino’s, the magmasaur, bloodstalker, ferox, and the only flyer I believe we’ve seen so far is actually a counter to flyers. The Astrocetus’s (Space Whale) saddle has three gun turrets and a “bomber” mode that lets you shoot bombs downwards as well (It uses its natural energy as ammo, so I’m assuming stamina like a velonasaur). Seeing how this could be used to chase after other flyers and shoot them out of the sky with your flying turret whale, will land Dino’s be the meta again?

Apparently by what I've seen is that they are going to dedicate a lot for water as well. They already mentioned the giant turtle, which is so big that you can build on it. Some resources even spawn in it. And one of the most exciting news is the underwater boss. 
It is an eel looking thing called the Moeder. That must count for something right?

• 1 month later...

There might be a chance that the cruise missile can be flown underwater which renders turrets useless for water bases because all you would have to do is guide the missile through water and hit the bottom of there platform with the cruise missile which will either 1. Severely damage it or 2. Destroy it and since there is no underwater turrets to defend the bottom of the platform wildcard might want to make underwater CIWS defense's for your platforms or use a Tek shield or mek with the shield module to stop the missile from damaging your sea base.

19 hours ago, AcexHellhound21 said:

We also have that mysterious "Jet" which I think it's a Tek submersible which would be our first ever water vehicle that can submerge just hope it won't be as broken as the Tek ATV.

With each of the reveals a post on the forums came, from the bot wildcard uses for their ARG. 

This one is the one for the jet:

"[LOG_TRANSMIT] Requesting status report.

[LOG_RECEIVE] Our explorations are expanding. Lots of terrain to cover.

[LOG_TRANSMIT] And it's not all solid ground.

[LOG_TRANSMIT] Validate your next terminal entry with f4c29fc1-5e32-45c1-9288-32e5fab10bff.

Terminal Entry

[LOG_RECEIVE] Terminal Entry MM-07

[LOG_RECEIVE] Swamps, lava, mountains, craters --

[LOG_RECEIVE] Blazing a trail is hard work here.

[LOG_RECEIVE] The trick is to interact with the "trail" as little as possible."

the description doesn't feel like the one of a submersible tbh, more like the one of a hoovercraft ?

I would say it's a hoovering ground vehicle that can also float about the surface of water or lava ( kinda weird how every biome besides the ocean is mentioned here though, so maybe it doesn't work above deep waters ? )

On 2/4/2020 at 9:25 PM, Fes said:

With each of the reveals a post on the forums came, from the bot wildcard uses for their ARG. 

This one is the one for the jet:

"[LOG_TRANSMIT] Requesting status report.

[LOG_RECEIVE] Our explorations are expanding. Lots of terrain to cover.

[LOG_TRANSMIT] And it's not all solid ground.

[LOG_TRANSMIT] Validate your next terminal entry with f4c29fc1-5e32-45c1-9288-32e5fab10bff.

Terminal Entry

[LOG_RECEIVE] Terminal Entry MM-07

[LOG_RECEIVE] Swamps, lava, mountains, craters --

[LOG_RECEIVE] Blazing a trail is hard work here.

[LOG_RECEIVE] The trick is to interact with the "trail" as little as possible."

the description doesn't feel like the one of a submersible tbh, more like the one of a hoovercraft ?

I would say it's a hoovering ground vehicle that can also float about the surface of water or lava ( kinda weird how every biome besides the ocean is mentioned here though, so maybe it doesn't work above deep waters ? )

That is actually a fair point it may be a Hovercraft so i might be wrong but however though it looks like it has fold out wings which could mean it is a Submersible/Hovercraft Hybrid of some kind?

On 2/4/2020 at 1:50 PM, St1ckyBandit said:

If you look in the newest bog biome screenshot you can see pteras flying in the background, so I think flyers will be just as important on Genesis as any other map (besides ab of course).

I'm just hoping there's no manas. Be nice to get a break from them at least until transfers are opened up.

Well as they said during the livestream there will be Flyers allowed on Genesis part 1 even allow players to transfer flyers into the map once the transfers are opened

8 minutes ago, ThePryBar said:

All turrets other then plant X work just fine underwater, don't know where your getting your information from.

I didn't think regular/Heavy turrets worked underwater i know the Plant X works under water i play PVE i have never played PVP so i would not know this and i did not get that information from anywhere that was my guess about the cruise missile (Tek Remote Guided Missile "TRGM") well besides it's possible max range which is 1,200 Meters i did a test on the exact map they used to fire it (Scorched Earth) i followed the same Trajectory of the TRGM from the Reveal video and found the tree's that was shown when the raptor got hit and placed a dodo down with a GPS tracker on it went back to the launch site and activated it and it said "Dodo lvl 1 1,200 M" so thats it's possible max range

13 minutes ago, AcexHellhound21 said:

I didn't think regular/Heavy turrets worked underwater i know the Plant X works under water i play PVE i have never played PVP so i would not know this and i did not get that information from anywhere that was my guess about the cruise missile (Tek Remote Guided Missile "TRGM") well besides it's possible max range which is 1,200 Meters i did a test on the exact map they used to fire it (Scorched Earth) i followed the same Trajectory of the TRGM from the Reveal video and found the tree's that was shown when the raptor got hit and placed a dodo down with a GPS tracker on it went back to the launch site and activated it and it said "Dodo lvl 1 1,200 M" so thats it's possible max range

You watched an edited video. They could have launched it 100,000 meters in the video if they edited it to look that way.  I'd take the range in the video with a grain of salt.

And turrets do work underwater, its just that generators dont so you have to put the geny either in an underwater cave or a vaccum compartment, which is why you never see underwater turrets.

6 minutes ago, St1ckyBandit said:

You watched an edited video. They could have launched it 100,000 meters in the video if they edited it to look that way.  I'd take the range in the video with a grain of salt.

And turrets do work underwater, its just that generators dont so you have to put the geny either in an underwater cave or a vaccum compartment, which is why you never see underwater turrets.

I know it was a edited video but they showed multiple camera angles from other members as it flew by them they would of had to do multiple takes to get it right but i know it's possible range is 1,200 M because i stood at the exact location they launched it from and went past the rock that was in front of the Pteranodon and stopped at the exact location where the missile hit the raptor and placed down that dodo to reveal the range of it and that is true about the turrets unless someone has a Glitched Charge Battery Blueprint (Craftable fully charged Battery) then it's a different story but i know the batteries don't last long but with that glitch they can constantly have fully charged batteries without needing to recharge them because they can just craft more of those fully charged batteries.

2 hours ago, AcexHellhound21 said:

That is actually a fair point it may be a Hovercraft so i might be wrong but however though it looks like it has fold out wings which could mean it is a Submersible/Hovercraft Hybrid of some kind?

Tbh i wouldn't even count on it being usuable at all in the ocean biome, the teaser literally mentions every biome besides that one;

"[LOG_RECEIVE] Terminal Entry MM-07

[LOG_RECEIVE] Swamps, lava, mountains, craters --"

The swamps and lava are obviously the bog and the vulcano biome, mountains are probably the snow biome ( look at the first genesis trailer, where the ferox appears, there are lots of snow mountains in the background) and craters would then be the lunar biome, which the devs confirmed to have meteor showers.

So what about the ocean then ? I'm guessing that the jet can only hoover a certain hight above the ground and thus could only float above shallow waters/lava pools when it's not above solid ground.

But hey, we can't know for sure until genesis is out in 20 days so let's wait until then :D

11 hours ago, Fes said:

Tbh i wouldn't even count on it being usuable at all in the ocean biome, the teaser literally mentions every biome besides that one;

"[LOG_RECEIVE] Terminal Entry MM-07

[LOG_RECEIVE] Swamps, lava, mountains, craters --"

The swamps and lava are obviously the bog and the vulcano biome, mountains are probably the snow biome ( look at the first genesis trailer, where the ferox appears, there are lots of snow mountains in the background) and craters would then be the lunar biome, which the devs confirmed to have meteor showers.

So what about the ocean then ? I'm guessing that the jet can only hoover a certain hight above the ground and thus could only float above shallow waters/lava pools when it's not above solid ground.

But hey, we can't know for sure until genesis is out in 20 days so let's wait until then :D

Yeah true better wait for it's release then to speculate meteor showers will be fun well better find a good place to build so our bases don't get wrecked by those meteors lol

48 minutes ago, AcexHellhound21 said:

Yeah true better wait for it's release then to speculate meteor showers will be fun well better find a good place to build so our bases don't get wrecked by those meteors lol

I hope we can use the tek compartments to build there, i remember when aberration was teased and they talked about how the surface is gonna have a low atmosphere and you're gonna be able to build up there with the tek underwater stuff, but apparently that idea was scraped and they made it the way it's now, with the fire and everything that's going on there. 

But wildcard likes to recycle ideas like this, i mean they already used the low atmosphere part for the lunar biome, so maybe they also will use the tek compartment part ? We will also have to see how the sunlight will affect buildings there, it's not the same all-destroying burn effect from aberration, but it's definitely harmful, that's for sure from what the devs said during the extra live stream.

Shadows are also important, as you can actually hide in those, maybe there will be some spots that are always in the shadows ?

I’ll be honest I’m Extremely excited for Genesis! But when you think about it there have always been new ways to combat flying tames. Velonasaur have the ability to dismount, micro-raptors, thylacoleo, Deinonychus and plant species Z fruit. These are all additions to the game that help in combat against flyers.

you also have to remember why all this came about. Along time ago the pvp meta was pteranodon with upgraded movement speed and barrel rolling. Might sound funny now but it’s why we can’t upgrade movement speed on flyers.

• 1 month later...

Archived