When I download a dlc my data gets wiped

BlurryDogs

When I download a dlc my data gets wiped

So I just got a CD key to download extinction, and it was about 80% downloaded when it gave a message saying that ark had crashed. I then proceeded to try and re-download it and it took 4hrs to do so, only for me to realise that my entire SP progress on aberration, the island and valguero was gone. I’ve tried every kind of rollback in the ini, and nothing. Any solutions?

5 hours ago, BlurryDogs said:

No I didn’t leave the game running. Sorry maybe I didn’t make that clear enough.

I assumed this because you said ARK crashed. When you do a download, steam is running, not ARK. So it must have been steam that crashed. This is a problem with steam, not ARK.

Can't say I've ever had steam crash, but I've had bad downloads before. Don't really have any advice other than what you are currently doing (downloading it again).

3 hours ago, wildbill said:

I assumed this because you said ARK crashed. When you do a download, steam is running, not ARK. So it must have been steam that crashed. This is a problem with steam, not ARK.

Can't say I've ever had steam crash, but I've had bad downloads before. Don't really have any advice other than what you are currently doing (downloading it again).

Thanks for trying to help. Lucky I know some commands to get at least my dinos back. It’ll take a while though

• Volunteer Moderator
4 hours ago, wildbill said:

This is a good point. Ark cannot crash if Ark is not running, so when the OP said a message came up saying Ark crashed yet he wasn't running it then this is impossible. The crash message, or whatever message appeared would have been something else unrelated to Ark.

Software can't crash if that software isn't running.

I would suggest from this point forward you back-up your SP saves.

Archived