How to get a reaper? (Solo)

Pubbyxd

So I'm getting ready to try to get my first reaper. I was wondering, is it possible on a good spino? I have a spino with 15k hp and 1200 melee and 1500 stamina. It has a primitive saddle and I have primitive hazard suits. (because I haven't been able to hatch my rock drake egg yet to farm the surface drops) would it be suicide to try to use a trap with the spino to get impregnated?

2 minutes ago, Pubbyxd said:

So I'm getting ready to try to get my first reaper. I was wondering, is it possible on a good spino? I have a spino with 15k hp and 1200 melee and 1500 stamina. It has a primitive saddle and I have primitive hazard suits. (because I haven't been able to hatch my rock drake egg yet to farm the surface drops) would it be suicide to try to use a trap with the spino to get impregnated?

Have you thought about trading for one, even a clone? Maybe a better option for you... But it's your adventure? Yes you will die, a lot!

There are plenty of ways to do it. I'm also solo and this is what I did on a server already spammed with pillars. You will need a decent health rock Drake about 15k or more. You will need to check surface loot and get a master craft pump shotgun or better. Check for general equipment : riot Shields, stim berries, extra hazmat suits, magnifying glass (very important), medical Brew, and a lot of ammo. Using a Drake for damage will take too long, just use the shotgun. You will need to clear a small area of all creatures and nameless before you start, especially purlovias. Lure the reaper you want to the area and shoot the hell out of it until it drops to a little under 2k health. Make sure Shield is already equipped. Run up to reaper until she sniffs you, this could take a few tries. Once she grabs you, you will be impregnated, just spam those brews and hold that Shield cause there is a very low chance she might tail whip after. Good luck

@Pubbyxdgetting a reaper with a Spino is very easy and you won't die ever unless you dismount, crash or disconnect in the middle of the red zone and let everything attack you.

We lured our first reapers with Spinos and it's very easy. There are probably reaper traps at cords: 60/70 outside of the red zone. 

You will have to walk with your Spino into the red zone, down the path from 60/70, there are multiple queen spawns there, so you kill the low lvl queens directly in the red zone while always having a wall behind you, so you don't get thrown away too far by the reaper queen.

Do it until you find a high lvl queen, lure her out of the red zone, up the path (there are 2 paths leading up to the blue zone from there). Never dismount in the red zone because of the Purlovias and check your hazard suit from time to time. A basic hazard suit already lasts a good amount of time unless you get hit, which should not happen.

When you lure the queen back always move on 2 legs because you will probably have to clear the way and it could happen that a burrowed Purlovia is going to jump at you if you hit another one near it but if you are standing with the Spino it's nearly impossible to get hit by the jumping Purlovia. Be careful when the queen comes to near while leading her up because she will use her knockback attack first and you will get hit away, sometimes pretty far.

After you have lured the queen of your desire into the blue zone, you can put her into the trap by running quickly around the trap while she follows into the trap. Close the trap while mounted, have the doors open inwards so you can walk against the trap wall and close the door in first person while on your spino/megalo or ravager). 

Have 1 or 2 sleeping bags somewhere near if something happens.

I would suggest using a Megalosaurus after this point because they are smaller, easier to handle and deal way more damage than a Spino. (And one other very important point which I'll mention later)

You will now need a lightpet and a magnifying glass at this point to be safe because the queen only impregnates players when she is under 2k health and starts glowing when no light is near her.

So you now do damage to the queen until she has under 2k health. Check the HP while mounted on a dino that allows you to use it (I used a Rock Drake but a ravager, lvled in HP works as well).

Keep the area clear from Nameless because they will spawn after you turn off your lightpet but if you kill all the spawning ones there will be a good chance that no others will spawn after this point.

Now that the queen is glowing and no nameless are spawning anymore it's time to get impregnated. DO NOT!! do it with a shield, no one should use that method anymore because you can get impregnated while sitting on your dino which is endless times saver. 

Dinos I suggest for this are: Rock Drake, Megalosaurus, Ravager.

You go with either one of those dinos to the queen, she will use her knockback attack a couple times and whenever she does it, dismount and mount again (very important). A Rock Drake doesn't get knocked back very far so walk 1 or 2 steps back, dismount and mount before walking in again.

Now it's just a matter of time, your dino will mostly have to take some damage if the queen doesn't do it instantly. Just keep dismounting and mounting your dino until she stops for a moment, screams and picks you up with her tail to impregnate you. It sometimes bugs if it works you will see the reaper baby icon in the bottom right.

I suggest to use a 2x exp brew at this point and kill the queen afterwards, done. 

You can at this point only lose your reaper baby to radiation or by uploading your character, normal deaths, spores or anything else won't do anything to your baby. 

Do the missing levels you need to reach the +75 by killing spinos and crabs in the river (green zone). You can collect one of the notes, use a x2 exp broth or even use the toilette which gives +33% exp for a short time.

Have fun with your new Reaper. :)

Wow, alot of good advice! I'm glad to hear someone who has done this before on a spino, cuz I dont have enough air cons to hatch mine. This will be very helpful. The only thing I'm worried about is trying to drain the queen of health. My spino can do about 500 damage with the claw attack. I'll give it a shot and let you know how it goes!

If you can lure it into a trap, in a decent spot, probably sure.  People get pregnant on foot with the shield method.  People kill Queens with Spinos.  You can carry extra hazmat suits, but that prim saddle isn't going to make it easier.

The problem is getting in and out of the red zone and your Spino will be in bad shape.   Queens inflict torpor that Rock Drakes seem to naturally just shake off, while other dinos might take a dirt nap.  Plus you can pretty much bounce out of there on a drake, whereas you'll be leaving on foot with a Spino.  

Queens are no joke.  They recommend 10k health, 1500 stam and as much melee as you can get, but Drakes don't give good melee.  The highest I hatched was a couple of 358s I think, and honestly if you don't kill them quick enough that 10k is gonna be closer to 4k or less when you're done unless you've got an amazing saddle (which you don't.)

But you can certainly solo Queens.  I did it.  Without a trap.  But I used a Drake.  You could trap it and teleport it to the green if you wanted to and you had the resources and tekgrams.  Finding space to build on an official servers is always an issue.

If you haven't done the surface yet and you want to go after Queens I personally think you're doing it backwards.  Solo'ing Alpha Rockwell would be very hard.  You're trying to get a Queen already and haven't even raised your first Rock Drake.  If it was me, I'd raise that Rock Drake, farm the trenches for some that have good stats, and farm the surface for bps.   Your first Drake will probably die anyways unless you just use it around the green and blue zones.

It sounds like you're going to burn through Aberration as quick as possible and get bored with it.

The first thing you should do is find yourself a good AB server with a decent community.

If you do this, you'll open up a world of resources to you, public traps for Reapers, teleporters to the radiated zones for rock drake eggs, and a whole lot easier time than trying to run willy nilly out into the wilds to get mauled by a pack of Nameless.   I can say for certain, 273 is a great aberration server, we enjoy it immensely.  They also have great public traps and more often than not, we catch em, trap em, announce globally that we've got a 145/150 in the trap, and keep her alive while people come get themselves impregnated.  The best way to learn how it all works, is to get in the game on a good server, and with a good tribe, and go do it a few times, you'll be a pro in no time. :)

You could easily catch one w/ a spino.  In the area behind the lake w/ the blue zone cave, u can easily navigate a pathway back there that spawns reapers barely inside the radiation zone.  You can lead one out to the blue area and trap her easily.  Some people set up a tp in a  trap w/ a ramp and walls, tnen tp the reaper queen into a better spot for them.

Or some people just build a building in blue by the lake there in the back.  Then just lead queens into it.  trap them, go inside the building and work them down until they glow.  A spino like yours would be plenty fine w/ a good saddle. 100+ armor preferred there.   A mega can do it, a drake can do it.  you could just shoot her from a ravager until she glows w;/ a shotgun.  There's plenty of ways to do it solo.

@Pubbyxd I can just say it again, it's not hard to get a reaper queen on a Spino. You have a 1200meele spino, so probably the bred ones. We used garbage tamed spinos with primitive saddles... There is no way in hell that you will die unless you get kicked off into the pink river, disconnect/crash or get bugged under the mesh which is so extremely rare on a Spino.

We had 5-7k hp Spinos and the 7k hp Spino (already leveled stats) was a bred one which my friend brought from another server.

The method I posted above works and we have done it like that. After we got our reaper we started collecting drake eggs because it's so damn easy on a reaper, we have done it before on Spinos, walked all the way down to the nests and used climbing picks to steal some eggs. You can just jump from nest to nest on a reaper and kill all the drakes in seconds.

The surface was the very last thing I have visited in Abe and in the time you get your first good rock drake blueprint or spino you will probably have an army of reapers.

On 12/8/2019 at 4:13 PM, Fukushu said:

@Pubbyxdgetting a reaper with a Spino is very easy and you won't die ever unless you dismount, crash or disconnect in the middle of the red zone and let everything attack you.

We lured our first reapers with Spinos and it's very easy. There are probably reaper traps at cords: 60/70 outside of the red zone. 

You will have to walk with your Spino into the red zone, down the path from 60/70, there are multiple queen spawns there, so you kill the low lvl queens directly in the red zone while always having a wall behind you, so you don't get thrown away too far by the reaper queen.

Do it until you find a high lvl queen, lure her out of the red zone, up the path (there are 2 paths leading up to the blue zone from there). Never dismount in the red zone because of the Purlovias and check your hazard suit from time to time. A basic hazard suit already lasts a good amount of time unless you get hit, which should not happen.

When you lure the queen back always move on 2 legs because you will probably have to clear the way and it could happen that a burrowed Purlovia is going to jump at you if you hit another one near it but if you are standing with the Spino it's nearly impossible to get hit by the jumping Purlovia. Be careful when the queen comes to near while leading her up because she will use her knockback attack first and you will get hit away, sometimes pretty far.

After you have lured the queen of your desire into the blue zone, you can put her into the trap by running quickly around the trap while she follows into the trap. Close the trap while mounted, have the doors open inwards so you can walk against the trap wall and close the door in first person while on your spino/megalo or ravager). 

Have 1 or 2 sleeping bags somewhere near if something happens.

I would suggest using a Megalosaurus after this point because they are smaller, easier to handle and deal way more damage than a Spino. (And one other very important point which I'll mention later)

You will now need a lightpet and a magnifying glass at this point to be safe because the queen only impregnates players when she is under 2k health and starts glowing when no light is near her.

So you now do damage to the queen until she has under 2k health. Check the HP while mounted on a dino that allows you to use it (I used a Rock Drake but a ravager, lvled in HP works as well).

Keep the area clear from Nameless because they will spawn after you turn off your lightpet but if you kill all the spawning ones there will be a good chance that no others will spawn after this point.

Now that the queen is glowing and no nameless are spawning anymore it's time to get impregnated. DO NOT!! do it with a shield, no one should use that method anymore because you can get impregnated while sitting on your dino which is endless times saver. 

Dinos I suggest for this are: Rock Drake, Megalosaurus, Ravager.

You go with either one of those dinos to the queen, she will use her knockback attack a couple times and whenever she does it, dismount and mount again (very important). A Rock Drake doesn't get knocked back very far so walk 1 or 2 steps back, dismount and mount before walking in again.

Now it's just a matter of time, your dino will mostly have to take some damage if the queen doesn't do it instantly. Just keep dismounting and mounting your dino until she stops for a moment, screams and picks you up with her tail to impregnate you. It sometimes bugs if it works you will see the reaper baby icon in the bottom right.

I suggest to use a 2x exp brew at this point and kill the queen afterwards, done. 

You can at this point only lose your reaper baby to radiation or by uploading your character, normal deaths, spores or anything else won't do anything to your baby. 

Do the missing levels you need to reach the +75 by killing spinos and crabs in the river (green zone). You can collect one of the notes, use a x2 exp broth or even use the toilette which gives +33% exp for a short time.

Have fun with your new Reaper. :)

so ye. i tried to get one and my spino couldnt handle the torpor. we managed to make it out (barely) so im just gonna try to raise my rock drake first lmao

Archived