Capybara

Spiral3

Suggestion

5 replies to this server topic

1 hour ago, WarpSpasm said:

As a mammal it would be restricted by it's oxygen stat, you'd be better off using an aquatic animal.

It's a giant rodent that spends most of it's life in the water.  They have the unusual adaptation of being perceived as benign by other animals, as one of their sources of nutrients is to pick parasites out of animal fur.  Currently they range in size from 75 lbs. to 150 lbs, but they could be sized up for Ark.  They have a natural aptitude for parenting young creatures of all types.

1 hour ago, Spiral3 said:

It's a giant rodent that spends most of it's life in the water.

The ones in my local zoo do enjoy their swimming pool but they surface for air quite regularly. Maybe their behaviour is different in the wild but as I haven't witnessed it I can only go by what I have seen.

Your reply was informative and I thank you for that. I could imagine them being somewhere between a moschops and a phiomia in terms of size and quite an early tame.

9 minutes ago, Spiral3 said:

Does this really need more explanation? 

Yes it does.

9 minutes ago, Spiral3 said:

WE NEED THIS CREATURE IN ARK. 

Why?

10 minutes ago, Spiral3 said:

As for a special ability, maybe it could cause creatures raised near it to mature more quickly?  Or maybe it could even avoid aggro from dinos on land and water;

Why would those abilities be appropriate? 

12 minutes ago, Spiral3 said:

could be great for underwater exploration.

As a mammal it would be restricted by it's oxygen stat, you'd be better off using an aquatic animal.

Archived