Need help recovering my character in single player

Petya0

Need help recovering my character in single player

Hi!

I wanted to move my character from the Island to Extinction to get some tames. After uploading and cancelling out before respawning/creating new character back to Island I opened a new game on Extinction. It let me download my character, but after clicking spawn some seconds later it put me to new character creation screen. I created a new character, it was a fresh one not my old. I logged back to Island, could select my bed, tried to upload again. I had to erase Extinction data to get the download option offered again, but the same thing happened. Then read some posts about creating another temporary character on Island before moving to Extinction so that my old one doesnt get "duplicated". But this time I lost the download option and I have a new character on the Island.... I have the Island backup saves, I make backups seeing how much a bugfest this game is. But I didn't make backup of the localplayer arkprofile….. 

Can I somehow mod this file to make the game log me back into my older character? If I drown myself the download list is empty on Island. 

If I try to make the same tribe name it it puts a 1 letter to it, so it is not the same. 

Hey what happens if I have my character with the exact name and tribe name on Extinction now, and I upload myself and try to download myself back to the Island?

I am not sure yet how to download back while I have a new active character there though... maybe I drown myself and select download from there.

If it would put me back in place I just had to cheatspawn and kill the bosses I already defeated again. Only my explorer notes would remain reset to default everything else could be back.

if you created a new character and your old one is no longer available for download your out of luck for getting the old one back, but with the existing character you can walk up to a dino you owned and type in the command in the console:

takealldino

and that should give you back all the dino's in the loaded area, likewise you can walk up to a structure and type in

takeallstructure

and that will give you all the 'connected' structures, you may have to do it several times to claim all your old structures with the new character.

there is a command to give back the xp as well, but I don't remember what that command is.  In single player I swap between a couple characters, and i use the two above commands to give the dinos/structures to the other character.

I just wanna let you know that I could transfer back from extinction, after I bred some dinos I wanna take back with me.

First I made a backup of the extinction whole directory!

I could download back myself but it didn't gave me back my stuff. 

The takeall commands work like miracle. Thanks for that. Not just in visibility range, I got stuff back far away too.

Copying back my backup data to extintion put my toon back, so that Works too.

If I finish my Ascension and move forward I try to download myself back again.

I have my trophies as well in my structures, so I only need to spawn in the already killed bosses and use kill command on them.

Archived