bug Can we ever expect bugfixes?

Rokador

Can we ever expect bugfixes?

Hello.

I know this is my first post, but the ammount of bullpoop I'm currently facing in ark is ridiculous. I bought this game like 2 weeks ago, and I'll be honest - I've never had a chance to play as buggy game before with as immense ammount of unpatched holes. Example? I lost 3 Ichtys today, one got stunned by Eel which was so far away that I could barerly see him, most likely I was laged back to them, while second one was killed with single hit from random Megalo because he was in cryo sickness while I had no cryo debuff, and third one died to Sabertooth Salomons which for some reason went aggressive on all our dinos. It's not all, when I went underwater with a Belze to get my stuff back, my entire game crashed (edit.: third time, two times I lost all my stuff because it was crash underwater) next to herd of megalo and mantas, of course when I came back I was dead along with one of my favourite dino. By the way, I lost huge ammount of great ascendant stuff, including Helmet with 1k armor and Fabricated Shotgun 470%. Before, I lost also my wyvern which got stuck in infected spino so I couldn't attack him or even escape, I couldn't move. Not only that, devs should seriusly do something with weapon breaking instantly switching controls, always resulting in rushing at the enemy you were shoting at. Addionally I spend good hour last week trying to save my owl which was either lagging back underwater, drowning, or he was going all the way up, touching the edge of the map and lagging back underwater, rinse and repeat. I'm playing PvE server because I prefer expanding rather than seeing my stuff being wrecked over and over again, but even there it's possible to kill PvE players by drowning them, and it's ridiculous that it's still a thing and possibility, even when it's easy to counter that - just disable freaking body and item pickup on PvE settings! It's so easy. Also, week ago we've lost like 3 newborn Therio because we had a base over water, and they glitched throught the floor and drowned. If that's not enought, it's possible to be one shot by Ice Queen no matter what items you had, as she killed me with single hit when I had 870 hp and 2000 armor, me and my tribemate died at once. And it all is barerly a peak of the iceberg of bugs I was dealing with throught the 2 weeks of my gameplay, and game is almost unplayable for me and it's really hard to enjoy game when engine cannot handle all the holes, and it's honestly funny that devs would rather release more DLC instead of fixing game to be stable. 

7 hours ago, Rokador said:

Hello.

I know this is my first post, but the ammount of bullpoop I'm currently facing in ark is ridiculous. I bought this game like 2 weeks ago, and I'll be honest - I've never had a chance to play as buggy game before with as immense ammount of unpatched holes. Example? I lost 3 Ichtys today, one got stunned by Eel which was so far away that I could barerly see him, most likely I was laged back to them, while second one was killed with single hit from random Megalo because he was in cryo sickness while I had no cryo debuff, and third one died to Sabertooth Salomons which for some reason went aggressive on all our dinos. It's not all, when I went underwater with a Belze to get my stuff back, my entire game crashed (edit.: third time, two times I lost all my stuff because it was crash underwater) next to herd of megalo and mantas, of course when I came back I was dead along with one of my favourite dino. By the way, I lost huge ammount of great ascendant stuff, including Helmet with 1k armor and Fabricated Shotgun 470%. Before, I lost also my wyvern which got stuck in infected spino so I couldn't attack him or even escape, I couldn't move. Not only that, devs should seriusly do something with weapon breaking instantly switching controls, always resulting in rushing at the enemy you were shoting at. Addionally I spend good hour last week trying to save my owl which was either lagging back underwater, drowning, or he was going all the way up, touching the edge of the map and lagging back underwater, rinse and repeat. I'm playing PvE server because I prefer expanding rather than seeing my stuff being wrecked over and over again, but even there it's possible to kill PvE players by drowning them, and it's ridiculous that it's still a thing and possibility, even when it's easy to counter that - just disable freaking body and item pickup on PvE settings! It's so easy. Also, week ago we've lost like 3 newborn Therio because we had a base over water, and they glitched throught the floor and drowned. If that's not enought, it's possible to be one shot by Ice Queen no matter what items you had, as she killed me with single hit when I had 870 hp and 2000 armor, me and my tribemate died at once. And it all is barerly a peak of the iceberg of bugs I was dealing with throught the 2 weeks of my gameplay, and game is almost unplayable for me and it's really hard to enjoy game when engine cannot handle all the holes, and it's honestly funny that devs would rather release more DLC instead of fixing game to be stable. 

Short answer is NO, by all means expect them, if they do fix something inevitably they break something else! "Rinse and repeat"......... Welcome to ARK it's a roller coaster ride, buckle up buttercup!?

1 hour ago, Donk67 said:

Short answer is NO, by all means expect them, if they do fix something inevitably they break something else! "Rinse and repeat"......... Welcome to ARK it's a roller coaster ride, buckle up buttercup!?

2 hours ago, brenon45 said:

Welcome to Ark.

This is normal.

tenor.gif

That's pretty much what my friend told me today. Welp, gotta get my crap together and survive the Bugfest Evolved.

25 minutes ago, Rumackay said:

I remember my first two weeks in ark and it didn't involve ascendant gear, raising Theris, Ice Queen adventures and losing wyverns...

Currently I'm on unofficial PvE 3x server with a friend who spent a good chunk of his life in this game, he explained me the basics. Also he died like 7 times first week to get ourselves a wyvern egg at 288 and a milk, so everything else was straight fordward.

Edit. I forgot to mention that we have our main rebuild base on Ragna, and because of server settings the red loot drops on the desert and at the queen labirynth are yelding tons of ascendad stuff.

6 minutes ago, Rokador said:

That's pretty much what my friend told me today. Welp, gotta get my crap together and survive the Bugfest Evolved.

Currently I'm on unofficial PvE 3x server with a friend who spent a good chunk of his life in this game, he explained me the basics. Also he died like 7 times first week to get ourselves a wyvern egg at 288 and a milk, so everything else was straight fordward.

Well, the x3 should make up for some of the heart ache you've got coming at least?Lol......... Before long ARK, with all it's faults and mysteries will just  become the norm.. And when that happens you'll know you've gone insane?

expecting bug fixes is like expecting them to fix "Dynamic Tessellation" or remove it from the menu, for the last decade (nearly) its not something they're nearly capable of doing, the dev team has been replaced 3 times since concept, and the CEO of WC thinks you can ride UE4 on its own to succeed big.

Biggest problem i have with CEO is he admit to paying women less because they're women, glad i'm not working for him!

1 hour ago, Rumackay said:

I remember my first two weeks in ark and it didn't involve ascendant gear, raising Theris, Ice Queen adventures and losing wyverns...

Thats it hey, if the OP spent more time learning the game with standard settings at least for his first 2 weeks then he would know how to deal with all these issues without losing good stuff.

With settings tweaked out like this though honestly your losses mean sweet nothing mate. The main issue in your gripe list is rubberbanding and seeing as you are on unofficial that is due to your crappy connection not the game...

Also just a side note dont complain with" I play PvE over PvP cause i dont like having to rebuild constantly" when you play unofficial cause it makes it come across that you dont actually play and you just mimic the warcry of all the internet sooks out there who whine but ark.

6 hours ago, Rumackay said:

same, i started playing way back when ark was young, honeslty back then its bugs were not as game braking and the bugs were not everywhere u went. still. i enjoy playing ark.

We've actually adopted the approach with new players of making them build up a structure, gather some materials, learn the game, get high enough level first, then if they want/need a dino or help we offer it to em. The biggest way to ruin the experience for a new player is to let them have all the high level stuff first.  I remember the first time I tried to get a wyvern egg, I was a level 50 i think, had just gotten my first pteradon and saddle, and I went into the trench on Ragnarok while puckering and screaming at my screen. Luckily the first egg I came across was a 180 fire wyvern egg which had some of the best stats you could get.  What was more interesting is learning afterwards that not only did you have to use a ton of standing torches to hatch it, but then you had to go back to that trench to trap and tranq females for the milk to raise it. lol. 

Ark should start out as a naked and afraid survival experience, as you build up in strength, gain dinos, get established, then and only then should you be looking at breeding and getting the end game stuff, otherwise it's game on easy and no fun at all.

I haven't really found a bug in the OP's long list of grievances. Sorry. The only thing is dinos glitching through the floor, and that has something to do with the limitations of the Unreal Engine. It is annoying, but you can work around it by keeping your hatchlings on the ground (learned it myself the hard way). I don't think it's something the devs can fix.

16 hours ago, Luewen said:

Bugs are being fixed on almost every patch. Not sure what rock you are living under.

REALLY... cuz all i see is good dino's getting nerfed useless

i mean seriously, when did they fix Dynamic Tessellation? oh right, they added the option to use it, then disabled it in the engine, and NEVER REMOVED THE OPTION IN THE MENU

On 12/8/2019 at 7:01 AM, Rokador said:

Hello.

I know this is my first post, but the ammount of bullpoop I'm currently facing in ark is ridiculous. I bought this game like 2 weeks ago, and I'll be honest - I've never had a chance to play as buggy game before with as immense ammount of unpatched holes. 

Imagine how privileged you are now compared to those who have been playing since Early Access.

1 hour ago, Demerus said:

Like many others we have grown to accept it is a flawed game and take the good with the bad.

Also there is no other game like it on the market that does the same formula better.

I agree. I was bored with breeding on the weekend and I'd read a bit about "Conan Exiles" so I looked into it. Ok, seems interesting. So I downloaded it and had a go...

It has a good concept and I'd be willing to spend a bit of time exploring it but WOW, the controls and movement are horrible (PS4). So I came back to Ark and couldn't believe how much I had taken for granted about how good this game is. It's not perfect and we'll always have a whinge about the many, MANY bugs but no other game comes close for mine

3 hours ago, Demerus said:

Like many others we have grown to accept it is a flawed game and take the good with the bad.

Also there is no other game like it on the market that does the same formula better.

Posts like this just make me genuinely sad.  This is the state of video games now.  People would rather pay for poop that's broken than keep their money and show studios we're not paying for this anymore.  Because you'd have to make a sacrifice and stop playing the game.

6 hours ago, Nafryti said:

REALLY... cuz all i see is good dino's getting nerfed useless

i mean seriously, when did they fix Dynamic Tessellation? oh right, they added the option to use it, then disabled it in the engine, and NEVER REMOVED THE OPTION IN THE MENU

And? Whats your point? The question was if they are gonna do bugfixes. And like i said there has been bug fixes on almost every patch.

4 hours ago, Garet said:

Posts like this just make me genuinely sad.  This is the state of video games now.  People would rather pay for poop that's broken than keep their money and show studios we're not paying for this anymore.  Because you'd have to make a sacrifice and stop playing the game.

Yes, I paid $30 for the game and the entire season pass. I have almost 8k hours invested. Well worth the money no matter how broken you think the game is.

Archived