Food rod, timers and server transfers

brunogrewal

Suggestion

Food rot should not affect timers for server transfers. It serves no purpose and wastes time. I understand timers to prevent grab and run theft and mass resource transfer affecting server balance  but I'm trying to transfer a few stacks of carrots to rag to tame equis and they rot during lag as timer is coming up . Then  I'm waiting another 15 minutes just to have half of the damn stacks rot again right after the timer finishes. that pretty much means forget playing ark the game of waiting for timers and go do something else.

3 replies to this server topic

59 minutes ago, brunogrewal said:

Food rot should not affect timers for server transfers. It serves no purpose and wastes time. I understand timers to prevent grab and run theft and mass resource transfer affecting server balance  but I'm trying to transfer a few stacks of carrots to rag to tame equis and they rot during lag as timer is coming up . Then  I'm waiting another 15 minutes just to have half of the damn stacks rot again right after the timer finishes. that pretty much means forget playing ark the game of waiting for timers and go do something else.

Carrots grow wild in highlands on Rag. You can pick them there.

I will say if timers are going to make you quit the game you should do it now because there are a lot more irritating bugs and nonsense than timer resets.

It's not just about carrots. It's about a game mechanic wasting 30 mins plus for no reason at all and not leaving someone time to do what they were going to to.  I wasn't talking about a rage quit. Some people with families don't have all day to play and have to ration our time.

Seems like i end up dumping half my food each time I'm server hopping. Our tribe has a tribemate with a base on every map other than the island so we move around alot.

On 12/8/2019 at 10:15 AM, brunogrewal said:

Some people with families don't have all day to play and have to ration our time.

Absolutely. Official servers are not designed for people with strict time limitations.

They are designed for tribes who each player can accomplish whatever in the time they can dedicate to play so that the whole tribe can advance or smaller tribes/solo players who can dedicate a lot of time. 

The timer was a measure implemented to combat specific duping methods. It use to be 30 minutes. Dupers have found new methods since but they did combat those specific methods so they are there to stay. The food rot reset is a pain but jerky and custom foods normally don't expire in the alloted time. Preserving salt can also help to extend times for certain things though vegetables might not be one of them.

Unofficial servers, are servers better suited for people with less time to play. They often have no transfer timers so you can maximize your available in game time.

Archived