Devs/admins are never clear

Nozomi

The developers always state in replies and say either that is okay to do OR they state that "It is not recommended so that it does not violate the code of conduct"
Well... I have news for you devs/admins. Most of the things when you talk to me and a bunch of others... you say that might violate the code of conduct... are well.... are not in the code of conduct not even remotely... so therefore I conclude that (with some common sense of course) that mean I am allowed to do it at will.

4 hours ago, Nozomi said:

The developers always state in replies and say either that is okay to do OR they state that "It is not recommended so that it does not violate the code of conduct"
Well... I have news for you devs/admins. Most of the things when you talk to me and a bunch of others... you say that might violate the code of conduct... are well.... are not in the code of conduct not even remotely... so therefore I conclude that (with some common sense of course) that mean I am allowed to do it at will.

"This list is not exhaustive but represents clear guidelines for players to adhere to when playing on our Official Network. For something you’re unsure of, please use your best judgement. When in doubt, reach out to us here and select "Report Abuse". Ensure you’re acting with some semblance of decency when conducting yourself on our Official Network."

It says the list is not exhaustive plus you reached out to them and they gave you their opinion so do what you want but no crying if they hit you with a ban/wipe. 

If it's sketchy enough that you feel the need to ask a GM/Dev about it maybe common sense should tell you not to do it.

If you have to ask,  you probably already know the answer.   They can’t list every example because people are creative and there’s always someone who has to find the edges and boundaries of all the rules and run right up against them.  

I see this with some kids in elementary school all the time.  Don’t be surprised when the yard supervisors come and sanction you,  eventually they get tired of dealing with those types and just start getting short with you (ie- blank all your stuff).

1 hour ago, GrumpyBear said:

If you have to ask,  you probably already know the answer.   They can’t list every example because people are creative and there’s always someone who has to find the edges and boundaries of all the rules and run right up against them.  

I see this with some kids in elementary school all the time.  Don’t be surprised when the yard supervisors come and sanction you,  eventually they get tired of dealing with those types and just start getting short with you (ie- blank all your stuff).

Plus if they listed every single thing it would basically be informing everyone of every single exploit too. "Oh, I didn't even know that was possible"

except I don't see it as wrong at all. I read the code of conduct, does not match the code of conduct even remotely to me. one friend said you should ask the devs and I was completely confused as to why.

but seriously they are very vague... if thats the case then theres literally over 100 things I know about that might violate the code of conduct lol... >.>

but it is very subtle and seems like its part of the game to me.

7 minutes ago, Nozomi said:

except I don't see it as wrong at all. I read the code of conduct, does not match the code of conduct even remotely to me. one friend said you should ask the devs and I was completely confused as to why.

but seriously they are very vague... if thats the case then theres literally over 100 things I know about that might violate the code of conduct lol... >.>

but it is very subtle and seems like its part of the game to me.

Look. You don't even say what "it" is in the forum and again, a dev told you it borders on what they would consider a violation of the CoC but you do you. Just don't come back here in 6 months crying that you were unfairly banned.

Archived