pvp Offline wiping needs to be prevented

Chaoslynx1989

Suggestion

Offline wiping needs to be prevented

Ok so heres the thing I've been on Official PVP narry on a week its good fun i like it the sense of danger is there to keep me entertained, what does not entertain me and im sure most will agree is coming back online from a good night sleep or a day at work to having to respawn at a random location because your base has been wiped out while you're offline and can't defend yourself

Another thing to, if you have a tribesmen that lives in a different time zone call you unexpectedly at the ungodly hours of the morning when you're in a deep sleep screaming "hey get on we're being attacked", i don't know about everyone else but i don't like the idea of losing sleep to my games

Now I'm not asking for anything special or hard to do, but the Offline Damage Prevention of PVE would make playing PVP more fun as it would force players to fight other players for things, as of right now you can't even call it Player verses Player its more like Player verses Poor soul who can't defend themself because they're asleep or at work

Other than this little change i see nothing else to change with PVP as it is 

1 reply to this server topic

There are official ORP PvP servers. Check those out though they have their own problems (like alt account ORP defenses)

A big problem with online raids is when people popcorn their loot which is one of the reasons offline raiding is popular. Imagine you fight someone for 6 hours, invest 1000 C4, hundreds of dinos only to finally breach a base full of empty vaults and cryofridges. 

Online raiding is for PvP. Offline raiding is for loot.

Ark will cause you to lose sleep or expand your forces to repel attacks. That's what makes it Ark. If you don't want that, change to the official ORP servers, unofficial ORP servers, or make your tribe bigger to always have people on. All come with risks to the benefit but you have to find what works for you without removing what makes Ark, Ark, which is a persistent world of survival.

Archived