Beware, Weaponised reporting is apparently a thing now

Azmeaiel

Ladies and gentlemen, I would rather light a candle than curse your darkness.

I will have you all know I can direct you to a spacious place where you will find free land as far as the eye can see.

See a spot you like but someone has built structures on it?  Wait less than 12-24 hours and it will surely be wiped clean and the trees and rocks will grow back again.

Head to Pvp official servers!

54 minutes ago, Adwel said:

Ladies and gentlemen, I would rather light a candle than curse your darkness.

I will have you all know I can direct you to a spacious place where you will find free land as far as the eye can see.

See a spot you like but someone has built structures on it?  Wait less than 12-24 hours and it will surely be wiped clean and the trees and rocks will grow back again.

Head to Pvp official servers!

Including your own bases and dinos also

On ‎12‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 1:51 AM, yekrucifixion187 said:

That's partially to blame on the devs not configuring the maps to turn off building in resource rich areas for PvE

Someone doesn't build near the metal spawn so that it doesn't inhibit the metal spawn but if it's not pillared some troll will place foundations on an alt account and ORP them for fun. 

Then what is the rest of the server to do for metal, obsidian, crystal, paste, etc?

It's a sandbox survival game. Protecting your servers resources for your growth and survival should be part of that right? (I'm not talking about the over pillaring land grabbers but this example relates to your comment of "pillar or claim land that is far away from their base.")

Foundations do not affect metal / obsidian / oil / crystal spawns unless you are build right over it. In my opinion there should NOT be any pillaring going on to "protect spawn"...

Sometimes I see tribes pillaring a region to protect "spawn" while there own base is locate right into a starting area where new players spawn and are then trap, ...

29 minutes ago, Herbapou said:

Foundations do not affect metal / obsidian / oil / crystal spawns unless you are build right over it. In my opinion there should NOT be any pillaring going on to "protect spawn"...

Sometimes I see tribes pillaring a region to protect "spawn" while there own base is locate right into a starting area where new players spawn and are then trap, ...

Foundations don't affect? Boy are you wrong. Pillars with ladders don't affect spawns. Foundations kill spawns. If not, you'd constantly have wild dinos and rocks cleared that grow into your base. 

1 hour ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

Foundations don't affect? Boy are you wrong. Pillars with ladders don't affect spawns. Foundations kill spawns. If not, you'd constantly have wild dinos and rocks cleared that grow into your base. 

Foundations affect rocks/trees and dinos, but not the ressources I mention...  just test it if you want to confirm

On my private server I have cover some metal / oil area with pillars+ceiling to get rid of rocks/trees and collect oil and metal without having to navigate in rocks and trees. In fact its a very efficient way to farm metal/oil since you can easily spot them and move between them.  Most  people don't know this because god forbid we build in a resource area on an official server.

On my PvE official server, someone has pillar the crap of an iceberg with oil but build its own structure on it. There is an oil spawn 1 foundaway away from is building and it does spawn.

On 12/7/2019 at 12:15 PM, Fukushu said:

@invincibleqc that's why I gave them so much evidence. They could have just waited one week and seen that the tribe owner (different steam account) has changed to someone that has never had anything to do with the tribe or even the server in general. 

I don't think it would be unreasonable to check such things. I'm not saying to ban someone because of some pictures and I have stated before that they should check the tribe owner change.

no need to respond, mods here only exist to defend WC, you'll catch on after a while.

On 12/12/2019 at 3:15 PM, Herbapou said:

Foundations affect rocks/trees and dinos, but not the ressources I mention...  just test it if you want to confirm

On my private server I have cover some metal / oil area with pillars+ceiling to get rid of rocks/trees and collect oil and metal without having to navigate in rocks and trees. In fact its a very efficient way to farm metal/oil since you can easily spot them and move between them.  Most  people don't know this because god forbid we build in a resource area on an official server.

On my PvE official server, someone has pillar the crap of an iceberg with oil but build its own structure on it. There is an oil spawn 1 foundaway away from is building and it does spawn.

I just finished running a test and your private server must have adjusted the radius that affects spawns. 

I placed a foundation one and a half foundations from a metal node. I harvested the node (it's within my base walls) then after 2 hours I derendered the area by teleporting across the map. Came back and still no metal node. 

I have witnessed a few trolls who purposely have done this to some of the bigger resource spots on Rag and the Island for no reason other than to. So I stick by my stance that with these resources not protected by the devs, pillars are the best solution for the whole of the server to protect them.

Archived