Snow cave Rex blueprints on the island

25Hulksmash

15 minutes ago, WarpSpasm said:

I haven't found a rex saddle bp anywhere on the Island, but I have heard that the swamp cave in the redwoods is a good place to find them.

I got a few from red drops in the regular map, but they were apprentice and ramshackle.  The loot system in Ark is terrible.  It's just another farming mechanic.  Red drops are rare enough as it is, and then to just find a bunch of PVP stuff like C4 in them on a PVE server....

And honestly I rarely found anything good in Swamp Cave.   I know guys who ran it constantly on my server and were never able to find a rex bp.

I found my first Rex Bp in the Swamp cave after Round 30. I do it with two Megatherium/ cryopods. I found also ASC Spino,Thyla,Argy,Allo Bp in the Swamp Cave. I play on official Xbox Pve

edit: use rare flower to kill all enemys and dont forget that in the last room always spawn a 2. red drop if u leave the room for a second anddgo back in ?

• Volunteer Moderator
6 hours ago, Fetzen said:

edit: use rare flower to kill all enemys and dont forget that in the last room always spawn a 2. red drop if u leave the room for a second anddgo back in ?

Not "always". Only if the first one was sitting there for longer than 30 minutes. Only then, a new one will be ready to spawn on re-render.

Can confirm they appear in the Swamp cave - a tribe mate found one in a red drop (think it was the re-rendering one that likes to reappear after you leave the space for a moment).

Loot tables in there are great and if you bring a Megatherium along (I double the trip with a Velono to turret blast the Arthopleura's before they melt my gas mask), you can get insane amounts of chitin + the bug killer buff, so it's quite profitable.

Archived